And by “the two of them” I’m referring to Michelle and her iPod:

I think everybody’s had it with President Obama’s empty rhetoric… even the teleprompter isn’t giving its full attention these days:

Et tu, ice cream cone?

Comments

16 Responses to “Vineyard Vacation: Just the Two of Them Alone at Last!”

1. Marshall_Will on August 22nd, 2011 9:45 pm

All you 'conservative' posters are so quick to jump to whatever conclusions suit your narrative at the moment. It's just ridiculous. How do YOU know what she's listening to? It 'could' be a highlight mix CD of Bammie's Greatest TOTUS Moments?

Huh..! Ever think of 'that'? It could be Sasha and Maliyah's piano recitals. But no, you take a singular snapshot of a couple ON vacation in a private moment where they are both looking forward ( gosh imagine that? ) and make the wildest of accusations! Talk about ODS?

( How'd a do? I thought that was a pretty good MM/PTB-troll impersonation! ) Yeah, this isn't an important FLOTUS cell call from one of her 100 staffers or Oprah or Bill Ayers. Probably had the vol. cranked. After nigh on 30 years of marriage, I know a cold shoulder when I SEE one.

2. SignPainterGuy on August 22nd, 2011 10:41 pm

My marriage didn`t last but about a third that, but I was hitched to a woman who said twice, "A wife is supposed to bitch at her husband at least so much !" and she BELIEVED it…..LIVED it ! Yeah, I`ve felt the cold shoulder and admittedly, `cause I was so fed up, gave it back.

That looks like the "cold shoulder" to me. The question is, what`s the cause ! Fer reals !

3. Dandapani on August 22nd, 2011 10:59 pm

Well, you got to know that she's listening on a copy of the iPod given to the Queen of England loaded up with Boffo's speeches…

4. backwoods on August 22nd, 2011 11:00 pm

Very good, M_W. For a minute there I thought I was reading TheLiberalMedia.

5. OK_Loyalist on August 23rd, 2011 12:37 am

Doug,

Your Paintbrush skills with the earbuds reminds me of our 8th grade PE/Health coaches chalkboard drawing on the female reproductive plumbing.

And after seeing our fearless leader hang drapes like no other LGBT'r it all makes sense now.

6. backwoods on August 23rd, 2011 12:44 am

Back in the early days of Michelle allowing comments a few of us from the Friends of Michelle Malkin Yahoo Group managed to goad some of the trolls into getting themselves banned. We even had a tombstone with the names of trolls who had been slayed by the Troll Patrol. Those were glorious days.

7. SignPainterGuy on August 23rd, 2011 1:51 am

I think I started reading her blog in Feb. or Mar. of `09; that must have been after the "tombstone". I never heard of it, but I do remember a couple trolls who were "buried". ;-)

BC, do you have any idea how many "members" MM has; it must be 1,000 ish ! More?

8. SignPainterGuy on August 23rd, 2011 1:54 am

And I thought "I" remembered the durnedest things ! Ha Ha !

9. backwoods on August 23rd, 2011 7:46 am

I have no idea how many she has. The tombstone was on the Yahoo group, not her blog. You would have had to be a member of the group to see the tombstone.

The group was set up by one of her commenters after we noticed that friendships were developing between some of the commenters. The group gave us a place to discuss things off topic and exchange personal information if we wished. It really took off. There was a small group of us who would cut up with each other all day. It has slowed down a lot lately as some of us have less time idle than we used to, but I consider many of the group members to be some of my best friends.

I'd like to invite you and some others of Doug's bunch of rowdies to join. We'd love to have you.

I'm one of the moderators some your approval is guaranteed. I'll be heading for the lake later today, so I may be absent for a couple of days, but I'll stick around for a while to greet any of you who decide to join.

10. backwoods on August 23rd, 2011 7:49 am

Ack! "…some your approval…" should be "… so your approval…".

I proofread and still let a typo get by.

11. Marshall_Will on August 23rd, 2011 11:52 am

backwoods,

Following the Housing Bubble via the blogs sounded very similar. Initially we were considered "chicken littles" and at a time when homes in SF/SEA/LV/PHX etc. were doubling every third year, we were treated like "tinfoil fanatics". ( Obviously we've since been vindicated? )

Let's see.., we've had realtors, developers and mortgage brokers try to hack us and shut the site down, ping IP's to reveal our actual identities, post pic's of us and set up slam sites and threaten physical harm! Great fun.

So some troll on MM or PTB clutching at straws calling me "a bad arguer" isn't about to ruffle our feathers. Still they're a PITA and several need to go! I can only -imagine- some of the bs they said about our Michelle.

12. sizemorew on August 23rd, 2011 12:53 pm

You gave me a scare, Marshall! For a second, I thought you'd been replaced by a pod person or someone hacked your account!

13. sizemorew on August 23rd, 2011 12:55 pm

I'm amazed that the snarky article you linked was in The LA Times at all. Someone's taken a break from the Kool-Aid, it seems.

14. SignPainterGuy on August 23rd, 2011 2:37 pm

Thank you very much,bc, signed in !

Have a great time at "The Lake", just remember to take the "Bucket-O-Money" ! ;-) I`ll `splain if you aren`t familiar with "The Joys of Boating".

15. backwoods on August 23rd, 2011 2:59 pm

I don't have a boat. I'll just be swimming, picnicking, and watching the wildlife. Backwoods loves the wilderness.

16. SignPainterGuy on August 23rd, 2011 3:55 pm

Well, have a good, safe time anyway; just don`t let the wilderness enjoy you too much ! Dang moosesquitoes and ant-bugs !!

It`s just as well that you don`t have a boat. A cartoon I saw years ago explains "The Joys of Boating" quite accurately. In the 1st panel the boat owner is seen loading his boat with all he`ll need at "The Lake". 2nd panel shows him driving whistling past a sign that says, "100 miles to The Lake." 3rd panel, he drives by a sign, "10 miles to The Lake." 4th panel, the happy boat owner is carefully backing down the launch ramp. Next, the owner gets out of his truck, lifts a bucket out of the boat and tosses its contents, a PILE of cash, into The Lake. Last panel, the owner is back in his truck, whistling as he drives back home ! "The Joys of Boating" ! ;-)