It’s a good thing Nancy Reagan was holding onto Sen. Marco Rubio at the Reagan Presidential Library last night. Many think Rubio is the man who will help bring the Reagan legacy back to its feet in Washington, so maybe this is somewhat symbolic:

VIDEO: Nancy Reagan falls : MyFoxORLANDO.com

Comments

13 Responses to “Marco Rubio Catches a Falling Nancy Reagan”

1. sizemorew on August 24th, 2011 1:50 pm

Nice catch by Senator Rubio! A good thing she'd been holding onto his arm.

2. Marshall_Will on August 24th, 2011 2:16 pm

As noted in OT observation on MM:

"cabrerski said:
    On August 24th, 2011 at 11:48 am, Dexter Alarius said:
    Mrs. Reagan didn’t fall. She swooned.
    Dex, my friend, you are on a roll today"

And I agree…

3. Dexter_Alarius on August 24th, 2011 2:25 pm

Aw, shucks…

4. Marshall_Will on August 24th, 2011 3:31 pm

Thought it was a great way to play off our own human ( and inevitable ) frailty with a healthy measure of dignity. Many times when you're 'assisting' the elderly, be it at church or in your own home, you find yourself supporting them to such a degree you're wondering if it wouldn't be easier to just pick them up and CARRY them.

Such is life. Many of our mothers aren't much younger and if they were to be in need of assistance, who better than Marco?

5. Obama bin Biden on August 24th, 2011 4:01 pm

Interesting- the widow of one of the countrys' greatest presidents is saved by an up and coming conservative star. Perhaps this is a metaphor that Marco Rubio is going to save America.

6. SignPainterGuy on August 24th, 2011 4:24 pm

You are exactly right. There have been MANY times I`ve thought about just picking Mom up and carrying her. It would be so much quicker, especially now that she has alzheimers and has difficulty staying focused on the task !

Taking her to a store was such a task. She`d walk along with her head swivelling back and forth; it didn`t take long for her to get dizzy ! I`d be in a sweaty lather in just minutes !

7. SignPainterGuy on August 24th, 2011 4:26 pm

It`s so tempting to ignore that "natural born citizen" requirement in the constitution the way congress did for pResident Spendo-Matic so we could get a real conservative candidate !

8. Marshall_Will on August 24th, 2011 4:57 pm

SPG,

I am sorry to hear that. It can't be easy. One of our in-law's parents developed dementia and lasted another 12+ years. It was very difficult on all involved.

I've made solemn commitment to our kids I will drink myself to death in a $14 a night Tijuana hotel room before I put them thru what older 'sis went thru. Oh and drained her inheritance in the process?

Mrs. Will is showing some early onset signs and I've grown.., apprehensive. It's one thing to have to be another person's "Walking Google" ( quite another when they become combative after -demanding- you re-tell them the phone # you just gave them 30 seconds ago? )

9. Marshall_Will on August 24th, 2011 5:04 pm

Oh, and if you offer to "write things down for them for 'future ref.' " now you're just treating them like a child!

I didn't ask you for a doggone personality critique! I just said give me the damned number/address/name!?

Work related things and blood relatives, no probalo. Everything else and you just begin to feel like their personal asst.? On top of the stress of recalling all the things YOU need to have instant recall on!

Trying to get her to consider an evaluation but she keeps forgetting to call the primary care phys? Seriously guys, it's challenging.

10. SignPainterGuy on August 24th, 2011 6:27 pm

Thanks M_W, and I`ll be praying for you and the Missus. I really do hope she isn`t slipping. It`s NO FUN for anyone.

Yeah, Mom needed all kinds of assistance and would get mad when "she" thought I was helping too much, only to require that I do precisely what I was doing !

Mom fell and broke her hip, 3 wks recovery in hosp., another 3 weeks at home. I closed my shop to care for her 24/7, with VHP help, then 2 nights back in hosp. to clear infection. At that point, we put her in a nursing home. She is in her third place now, very nice with my RN sister looking over their shoulders. Mom`s physically in the best shape in years, but her mind is nearly gone. Yep, the inheritance is nearly gone as well.

11. Marshall_Will on August 24th, 2011 7:48 pm

only to require that I do precisely what I was doing !

Argghhh! Mrs. W is only 48, but I'm not the only one noticing things are slipping. I imagine a lot of it is the stress of this O'conomy. Lots of OT, not a lot of thanks.

12. SignPainterGuy on August 24th, 2011 7:58 pm

If you haven`t, watch the movie "The Notebook". An odd sorta love story in which, Rachel McAdams, the young lover, ages to become "Gena Rowlands", the elder wife of James Garner . She has alzheimers; it`s a great story, heartbreaking, but well worth the watch.

13. OK_Loyalist on August 25th, 2011 3:04 am

Poor thing …. God be with her !