And they’re demonstrating at the office of a “presidential candidate” who shows up as a hash mark in the polls? They don’t have much to worry about from McCotter as far as his being elected president goes, but this bunch might want to re-think their strategy for showing taxpayers that they’re a necessary expense if they’ve got time to protest on a Friday morning:

Plymouth Township— About 100 protesters blew whistles, waved American flags, chanted and pounded on the windows of the office of Livonia Congressman Thaddeus McCotter Friday morning, protesting the Republican presidential candidate’s support to cut 10 percent of the federal workforce.

The protesters, from We Are the People, AFL-CIO, American Federation of Government Employees and other unions, argued McCotter’s cuts would cost 2,000 jobs in his 11th district, resulting in the loss of $80 million in revenues.

Protesters held signs reading, “Don’t Destroy My Pension and the American Dream,” “More Jobs, Less Excuses,” and “You Vote for War and Cut Jobs.”

And here’s the next Obama economic advisor:

“Idiot of the Day” isn’t a high enough honor, so we’ll have to think of something else.

Comments

11 Responses to “100 Protest Proposed Federal Workforce Cut on a Friday Morning, Thus Proving How Indispensable They Are… or Something”

1. Hyperfobea on August 26th, 2011 2:49 pm

Ahh … protesting on a weekday morning, and the excuse will be "I came in late so I'll have to leave early to make up time."

2. Dexter_Alarius on August 26th, 2011 2:50 pm

Um, isn't this "shared sacrifice"? The private sector has had to downsize and restructure, why not the Federal workforce? Why are their jobs more important than the jobs Northrop Grumman and Bank of America are cutting?

3. SignPainterGuy on August 26th, 2011 3:47 pm

These perpetually dissatisfied, disgruntled unionized workers remind me of my ex. It`s not so much that they actually want something in particular, it`s that they want….to exercise (me) their employer !

Her: "Bring me."
    Me: "Okay, sure, what would you like ?"
    Her: "I don`t know, just bring it and I`ll tell you if that`s it or not !"

4. Joe Redfield on August 26th, 2011 4:20 pm

Besides cutting the number of Federal workers by 10%, those remaining should get a 10% pay cut.

5. Granny55 on August 26th, 2011 4:43 pm

“Don’t Destroy My Pension and the American Dream,” Ummm…. let see….. who is paying that pension and making your American Dream come true???

That would be us hard working, non-union, private sector taxpayers footing that bill. These people disgust me.

Hey Doug!!! It's Friday….. can you give us a feel good story so we can enjoy our weekend???

6. Marshall_Will on August 26th, 2011 5:13 pm

Dex,

Good point as always. Shouldn't there be SOME 'relationship' between the scale of Gov't and the private sector it's intended to SERVE!?

7. Marshall_Will on August 26th, 2011 5:16 pm

Granny,

Something… ANYTHING! Rough week. Dexter bringing up the Gibson Guitar Debacle at MM's was a little more than I could bear? NOT that we shouldn't be discussing it, but right, a high note on Friday couldn't hoit!

Bring me..?

8. SignPainterGuy on August 26th, 2011 5:34 pm

Okay, "bring me" was a bit short. She`d name something, but by her response, VERY short term satisfaction with it and quick return to "bring me something mode" told me it was more about controlling me than actually getting something !

re; Gibson Gee-Tars – the issue as I understand it, has to do w/ the "ebony wood" and "ivory". Ivory brought in Fish and Wildlife. Any way, I thought OK_L would post a YouTube vid of "Ebony and Ivory". Maybe I missed it.

We had an old black man, a story, no, a "tall tale teller" here when I was young. His name was Ivory White. Quite a character !

9. Marshall_Will on August 26th, 2011 6:04 pm

SPG,

One poster noted that the only possible infraction was that exotic wood was brought in "value added" meaning it was milled and finished -before- exporting! Which Gibson COMPLIED with!

So Team O, Strike THREE! Also pointed out ( could it be Gibson is non-union? ) Hmm..?

10. SignPainterGuy on August 26th, 2011 6:44 pm

I hadn`t considered the "value added" thing, hmmmm ? The story did say that Gidson had complied with all regs.

Their being "non-union" was my very first thought ! The anti-Walmart docs. were done by unions to make them look bad, but very little mention was made in them about WallyWorld employees rejecting unionization ON THEIR OWN …………..TWICE !!

11. Divin’ for The King Penguin….30 August 11 | adeliemanchot on August 30th, 2011 5:36 pm

[...] 100 Protest Proposed Federal Workforce Cut on a Friday Morning, Thus Proving How Indispensable They … And here’s the next Obama economic advisor: “America wants to work,” AFL-CIO member Saundra Williams said. “Just listen to what people are shouting: Good jobs! They want good jobs, better jobs. Not just jobs where the company only cares about profits and not the payroll of its employees.” [...]