On Saturday, Sarah Palin will headline a Tea Party event in Iowa, and it’s just been announced that shortly after that she’ll head to New Hampshire:

(CNN) – Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will celebrate Labor Day in the first-in-the-nation primary state of New Hampshire.

The 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee will attend a Tea Party Express rally in Manchester on Monday, the same day former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney was due to attend the event.

If by Tuesday morning Palin still hasn’t announced, then she’s not running. I’m still giving it 50/50 odds that she’ll run, but I’m leaning towards no. Rove thinks she’s going to run.

I’ll be offline from Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon to I’ll miss Palin’s Iowa speech Saturday, but I’ll put up an open thread that morning so if Sarah does jump into the fray — or doesn’t — we can talk about it here.

For that Saturday event, Christine O’Donnell was invited, uninvited, and now re-invited.

Update: Concerning Palin’s appearance at the Tea Party event in Iowa — not so fast:

Sarah Palin’s Saturday appearance at a tea party rally in Indianola, Iowa, is on hold, a person close the former Alaska governor told The Wall Street Journal.

Sarah Palin The person said Ms. Palin’s appearance was “no longer confirmed” and cited “continual lying” from event organizers at Tea Party of America, including a recent mixup over whether former U.S. Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell of Delaware would also speak.

Update II: Re-confirmed?

Comments

11 Responses to “Let the Speculation Continue: After Iowa Speech, Palin Heads to New Hampshire; Update: Palin Pulls Out of Iowa Speech?”

1. Granny55 on August 31st, 2011 1:08 pm

Although I like her and her message – she really has just bounced in and out of the spotlight and the whole coy thing of making an announcement has not helped. I think she needs to be head of the RNC – that would really help.

2. Doug on August 31st, 2011 1:27 pm

She's a fundraising machine, that's for sure — and she's definitely been testing the waters, but I think the way Perry's polling vs. Romney might be what keeps her from jumping in.

3. Marshall_Will on August 31st, 2011 1:58 pm

Granny,

Good thought. And don't get me wrong, I love Sarah but this playing hard-to-get with everything else that's going on just sends me into overload mode.

As RNC she could do what GOP's have been telling us for the last several years. "If you want to 'change' the GOP ( then you should JOIN the GOP! )" Okay.., we're HERE! She would certainly shake things up.

4. SignPainterGuy on August 31st, 2011 2:34 pm

I`ve often said, "If you`re gonna go around stomping mud, you can`t help gettin` some on yourself !"

Sarah has been driving the left nuts teasing them about running…..or not ! We`ve been dressed, packed, sittin` on the edge of or seats, ready to go to work, waiting for our ride. Is anyone gonna pick us up !? Or do I need to call someone else ?

5. SignPainterGuy on August 31st, 2011 2:44 pm

Whatcha gonna be doin` Douglas ? You gettin` the server fixed ? Goin` on a short vacay ? Havin` folks over ? Finally gonna straighten out your sock and underwear drawers ? Ya still gonna retrieve my comments that get cyber-stolen by the cyber-gremlins ?

6. Doug on August 31st, 2011 3:00 pm

Taking the kids to Cedar Point and spending the night near there. In between rides I'll look around for the missing comments!

7. SignPainterGuy on August 31st, 2011 3:22 pm

Sounds like great fun !

I was stuck up north between races in MI and OH, wanted to go to Cedar Point, but wound up at Indie drag races instead. (a lot cheaper)

Have too much fun ! ;-)

8. Hyperfobea on August 31st, 2011 4:01 pm

Sarah is a clever lady and I believe she knows that she is quite capable of handing Obama his walking papers. Curious to see if she'll try for the VP thing again.

9. patti on August 31st, 2011 7:18 pm

Governor Palin Will Deliver the Keynote Address in Indianola, Iowa on September 3rd at the Tea Party of America Rally at the Indianola Balloon Grounds
    Posted on August 31 2011 – 3:06 PM – Posted by: Ian Lazaran
    "One thing to consider is that at no point was anyone working for Governor Palin quoted making anything close to an on-the-record comment about this issue."

See you in Iowa.

Could be the amateurs in TP of America who caused the confusion. At least that is my opinion after checking info at a few sites.
    Game On
    You Betcha!!

Have a great time at Cedar Point, Doug.

10. david on October 9th, 2011 10:01 am

The story doesn’t directly link the massive economic woes to any politician in particular, …
    promotional products

11. henin on October 12th, 2011 6:41 am

In one case, the signal passes directly to the Electric Sheep screen saver is awesome! There's no way to describe it, but I can guarantee it's at least worth a look.
    NO Xplode 2.0