I agree with Michelle Malkin in that the worst part of last night’s GOP debate was what wasn’t discussed. But among the best of what did happen — in addition to the horror on moderator Brian Williams’ face when some in the audience broke into applause after Williams mentioned how many convicted murderers have been executed in Texas during Perry’s watch — was Newt Gingrich going after a Politico moderator:

Part of Gingrich’s strategy is to not only pit himself against Obama, but also the people who served as his propaganda arm in 2008. Not a bad strategy, but unfortunately still not enough to shake this picture from my head.

The best moment surrounding the debate had to be Al “Resist We Much” Sharpton trying to say “Galileo”…

I’ll donate ten bucks to the first Republican candidate who can get Sharpton to try and say “Copernicus.”

Comments

7 Responses to “Best Moment of the Debate?”

1. Dexter_Alarius on September 8th, 2011 12:19 pm

Newt's got nothing to lose, so he's come out swinging. There's no chance he'll win any national office, but I enjoy his jabs.

2. backwoods on September 8th, 2011 12:37 pm

Dennis Miller once said of Andy Dick, "Unfortunately, I think sometimes his surname describes him as a human being." I don't think the same could be said of Al Sharpton.

3. keyboard jockey on September 8th, 2011 1:21 pm

Michael Graham 96.9 Boston Talk, leader of “Anyone But Romney For President” Movement.

Michael Gramham, Has Brokeback Moment “Pretty Excited About Rick Perry” Video this morning on Imus In The Morning.

4. SignPainterGuy on September 8th, 2011 3:12 pm

That`s in large part why I call him Al Charlatan ! Or "Not-So-Sharp" !

5. SignPainterGuy on September 8th, 2011 3:17 pm

Dangit, I missed most of the debate, I may need to dedicate another dresser drawer to my socks and underwear, but from what I read at MM`s place and here, I only missed the moderators proving themselves to be lib-biased fifth graders. (pretty much as I predicted in another thread with Truesoldier)

6. Granny55 on September 8th, 2011 6:40 pm

I see where Chris Wallace was wailing about the media being picked on by Newt. I only wish that more of the candidates would come out swinging like Newt when it comes to the stupid questions being asked. It is very obvious that the LSM is protecting Dick Obummer. As for Rev Al Shyster – well he fits in well with the rest of the slime at MSDNC. I didn't catch but 5 minutes of the debate but it pretty much was what I expected. How sad that the RR Library hooked up with the slimes. This could have been a defining moment for some of the candidates had it not been for the DO cheerleader Williams and the Politico hack.

7. mcmeador on September 10th, 2011 9:08 pm

Speaking of executions under Perry, did anyone bring up the Cameron Todd Willingham execution? I'd love to see that.