My three kids go to public schools, and I’m generally happy with the education they’re receiving (we live in a place that has yet to be infected with the liberal virus, but I do sense the community’s immune system weakening). The budget problems with our schools aren’t much different than many other districts. Things are tight and we sometimes end up donating supplies to the schools, but I think our teachers are hard working and effective — no complaints from my corner of the country.

That said, when the President tries to justify a $447 billion “jobs act” by saying how terrible it is that some music students have to use buckets instead of actual drums, the line should come with a laugh track:

*****

Thirty-one headquarters officers and employees of the National Education Association make $200,000 a year or more. Maybe Obama should have a chat with the union. Asking them for a little “shared sacrifice” would buy a lot of drums for music students!

(h/t HAP)

Comments

15 Responses to “Obama Pitches $447 Billion American Jobs ‘Drums for Music Students Act’ in Columbus”

1. OK_Loyalist on September 14th, 2011 12:50 am

Guess he never heard of STOMP ?

Mulatto Plz !!!!

2. clu seatoe on September 14th, 2011 1:09 am

Every time I listen to a sound track or byte from ZerØ I feel my intelligence has been insulted again by him expecting us to believe what he just said. I actually feel a little sorry for his daughters for when the reality of the world and life begins to cave in on them.

3. SignPainterGuy on September 14th, 2011 1:25 am

"We don`t be needin` no stinkin` store-bought drum sets !"

Whew, now I`m tired !

4. SignPainterGuy on September 14th, 2011 1:30 am

Not just P.Zero, but most any lefty ! Insulted and dirty !

I`ve often wondered about the daughters personalities, are they little spoiled brats like mom or better balanced ?

5. OK_Loyalist on September 14th, 2011 1:34 am

I'm thinking future crack whores… either by the drug or the government.

6. SignPainterGuy on September 14th, 2011 1:35 am

What did the undertaker say ? "Remains to be seen !"

7. OK_Loyalist on September 14th, 2011 1:54 am

Before I was born, my father used to be a licensed Embalmer and Funeral Director. Are you really sure you want me to answer this ? LOL

8. SignPainterGuy on September 14th, 2011 2:47 am

We moved into this house the day I was 6 months old. The upstairs was a separate apartment till I was 10. There was a couple living upstairs then, an embalmer and his wife. He later became an asst. scoutmaster of our troop. We called them, Mort and Digger.

9. Hyperfobea on September 14th, 2011 8:56 am

Obliterate the uselss, money-grubbing NEA, remove the feds *and by extension, the unions* from public education, and return to the tried and true practice of local jurisdictions having full autonomy over their exclusively locally funded schools.

10. maladroit on September 14th, 2011 11:39 am

OMG, Guys! YOU HAVE TO JOIN IN THE FUN!
    Obama's "Attack Watch" Twitter account is being massively harassed by the Tea Party!

WOOO-HOO!!!
    Check it out! HILARIOUS! https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23attackw

11. sizemorew on September 14th, 2011 1:05 pm

The best part is that that money would go straight down the toilet. In my experience, music programs are one of the first things to get cut when there's a budget issue. My sister's a music education teacher, and she's already studying up to be able to qualify to do something else since she's probably not going to have a position much longer.

12. sizemorew on September 14th, 2011 1:07 pm

My punishment for not joining the Twitter revolution: I can't see the page. Oh sadness.

13. Granny55 on September 14th, 2011 3:24 pm

Guess what he just said in NC???? If you love me – you will help me pass this bill! What a POS!!! If you love????? Who the hell does he think he is – a rock start. Pahleeeeezzzzzzeeee – my lunch just came back into my mouth!!!

14. SignPainterGuy on September 14th, 2011 4:29 pm

I heard a lady caller in to Rush who had got caught up in the traffic tie-up `cause of Obummer`s motorcade. She saw the helicopters and cops on bridges and at first wondered if it was terrorism. Of course it was, Oblunder is disrupting traffic and scaring the crap out of America`s citizens !

15. joyannaadams on September 14th, 2011 11:08 pm

Uh….in rap music, there are only drum machines. They do not even NEED to teach drums anymore. It's all computers.

Granny55…"LOL…you mean you managed to hold in that lunch?