If these guys stuck needles in their eyes, they’d probably be surprised that it hurt:

(Reuters) – New jobless claims rose last week to their highest since June and a gauge of New York State manufacturing contracted in September, sustaining the view the Federal Reserve could take new action to boost growth.

At the same time, consumer prices rose a surprisingly steep 0.4 percent in August, slowing only slightly from the previous month’s rate.

The number of Americans filing new claims for jobless benefits rose unexpectedly to 428,000 in the week ending September10, the Labor Department said on Thursday.

It was the second straight week in which claims rose. Wall Street analysts expected a modest dip in new claims.

I think the number of jobless claims are on the rise because of all the “green jobs” the White House has been trying to create.

Comments

8 Responses to “The ‘Unexpectedly’ Joke Continues”

1. Dexter_Alarius on September 15th, 2011 12:00 pm

A "surpisingly steep" rise in consumer prices?! Duh! When gas is high it costs more to move goods around.
    I think of "green jobs" in much the same way as the green meat in the back of my fridge.
    Doug, what's up with Michelle's site? It's not loading.

2. Doug on September 15th, 2011 12:07 pm

Should be fixed now… please let me know if you're still having problems!

3. Soul on September 15th, 2011 12:37 pm

Oh, that reminds me about my poorly worded sister and "bossy reporter" chuckle from yesterday e-mailed to my tennis buddy. It was said in jest in response to someones else's joke. Kind of cute actually.

4. clu seatoe on September 15th, 2011 1:07 pm

With all the new, weekly 400,000 pluses over the course of the last three years we’ve got to be reaching the total population of the U.S. soon.

Therefore:
    Only six people still work in the U.S. and all the jobs zerØ says have been created have been created in the federal government or outside the U.S.

5. Granny55 on September 15th, 2011 1:10 pm

I think this is just a "simple" error on the part of Reuters. The article is left as written week after week, they just change the number. So simple and so "expected" from our enemies in the LSM.

6. Hyperfobea on September 15th, 2011 1:25 pm

D_A … time to clean out that fridge. And while you're at it, will you help the rest of us make the White House white again?

7. Dexter_Alarius on September 15th, 2011 2:38 pm

I'm going to interpret that "…make the White House white again" comment in a non-racist way, and assume you meant to help make the next occupant of the White House pure, as in a purely America-loving Constitutional Conservative.
    Yes I Cain!