First Team Obama praised him endlessly for being the inspiration for Obamacare, then he got a shout-out from the Goracle, and now this:

On former Massachusetts Gov. Romney, the former Democratic president said he would like to see Romney win the Republican presidential nomination.

“I’m not taking a position, but I would be very pleased to see him win the Republican nomination,” Carter said on an interview on MSNBC set to air Thursday night.

With Jewish voters starting to move away from Obama and to the GOP, this is the kind of hat-tip that will help reel them in… toward Rick Perry’s campaign.

Comments

12 Responses to “Mitt Romney Gets the Coveted Jimmy Carter Seal of Approval”

1. sizemorew on September 16th, 2011 1:08 pm

Romney was one of my top two picks, but the more I read, the more I dislike about him. This doesn't help him any.

Also, I was corrected on this comment I left a few days ago: http://bigjournalism.com/dloesch/2011/09/16/joe-m

2. Jimbo on September 16th, 2011 1:29 pm

Two Carter faces in one picture? Ouchie. I wish my eyes could sue.

3. SignPainterGuy on September 16th, 2011 1:52 pm

I`m hoping this is the kiss of death to Romney`s campaign. Of course Peanutman wants Romney, he would never repeal Obamascare, regardless of claims to the contrary, and the dims feel they can work with him.

4. Joe Redfield on September 16th, 2011 2:28 pm

Doug, some of us younger and more sensitive viewers would appreciate it if you would stop running visual depictions of Jimmy, Debbie Whatshername-Ditz, and Henry Waxman. We really can't afford to keep replacing monitors after assaulting them with blunt objects. Thanks, and have a wonderful day.

5. Pasadena Phil on September 16th, 2011 3:03 pm

Here's an idea, let's get a Republican to run. So far, Trump's "Obama is very weak but the GOP poindexters are even weaker" argument has been proven right.

This isn't rocket surgery, just find someone who outpolls Trump and the GOP wins!

6. SignPainterGuy on September 16th, 2011 3:16 pm

Rush had Trump on and asked him not to run 3rd party if he decides to run. Trump left it for me to speculate that he still likes Romney. Ick !

7. Pasadena Phil on September 16th, 2011 3:26 pm

It's not about Trump running nor who he endorses but what it means that he easily beats Obama AND the poindexters running for the GOP. He is right and by threatening to run as an independent, he is helping conservatives.

You would think that with Obama being such a weak candidate, the GOP establishment would use this weakness to exploit the wiggle room it provides to offer a candidate who is more in line with the GOP's stated principles than ever but no, they again run someone who is virtually identical but a little to the right while demanding that conservatives get lost.

People like me shouldn't have to vote independent again next year but the GOP just doesn't want our vote. So screw them.

8. SignPainterGuy on September 16th, 2011 3:43 pm

Yes Phil, I`m keeping up just fine, thanks.

9. Pasadena Phil on September 16th, 2011 3:49 pm

Just covering myself just in case . Every time I even mention Trump's name, I get accused of endorsing him.

10. SignPainterGuy on September 16th, 2011 4:05 pm

Yep, and I never joined in that chorus.

Although my comments are often somewhere around the periphery of the topic, please don`t think I am not on the same lap ! Thanks !

11. Pasadena Phil on September 16th, 2011 4:09 pm

That was never in doubt. I was short-circuiting others who might be tempted to take my comment as an invitation to jump in and "rephrase" what I was saying.

12. SignPainterGuy on September 16th, 2011 4:23 pm

I suppose in your shoes I`d be paranoid too !