President Obama has his problems these days, but one of them isn’t still being able to find true believers at NPR:

The realities of governing as opposed to the unrealities of presidential campaigns may have made President Obama a much more human figure compared with the almost messiah-like status he had in the eyes of many supporters in 2008.

But that doesn’t mean there still isn’t the occasional moment reminiscent of a Bible story.

At a rally on the campus of North Carolina State in Raleigh, N.C. Wednesday where President Obama went to drum up support for his jobs bill, this happened.

AUDIENCE MEMBER: I love you, Barack!

THE PRESIDENT: I love you back. (Applause.) But first — but if you love me — if you love me, you got to help me pass this bill. (Applause.) If you love me, you got to help me pass this bill.

Here’s John 21:15, the New International Version, describing a scene between Jesus and his disciples:

When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”

“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”

But in the Bible, the “lambs” Jesus refers to aren’t exclusively representatives of Big Labor.

I’m flipping through the Bible right now, and so far I haven’t been able to find any instances where Jesus said, “pass this jobs bill!” It’s got to be in here somewhere though.

Comments

14 Responses to “NPR Writer Clings to 2008: Compares Obama to Jesus”

1. SignPainterGuy on September 17th, 2011 4:13 pm

Keep looking Doug ! If you find it, the left will insist that the non-existant barrier between church and state be removed and the scriptural reference emblazoned above all the halls of justice in our land forever more ! Finally, change they can believe in !

2. Doug on September 17th, 2011 4:18 pm

I found the word "Job"… maybe that's what he's talking about.

3. The Watcher on September 17th, 2011 4:43 pm

Actually, I was thinking of a different Bible quote: John 14:15

4. SignPainterGuy on September 17th, 2011 4:45 pm

Ooh, yeah, Job ! Rich guy, lost everything, made to suffer. And like "all" rich folk, he never gave up on his beliefs and principles. The left should love that !

`Course, the part about him getting everything back and more because he never gave up on his beliefs and principles can easily be omitted or rewritten to something more in line with redistributive "ALL ONE" crowd.

5. SignPainterGuy on September 17th, 2011 4:53 pm

Excellent; straight and to the point. No rewriting necessary.

And the Chicago jesus (not capitalized intentionally) commandeth thusly, "Pass this bill !"

6. Jimbo on September 17th, 2011 7:31 pm

It's in the same section where Jesus says "Let the little chubby children cometh unto me, so that I may taketh away their fries."

7. OK_Loyalist on September 17th, 2011 8:20 pm

ROFL

8. laree on September 17th, 2011 8:45 pm

?Is the media trying to pick our next President for us like they picked our last?

Why is the media raising Rep Michelle Bachmann's profile but not Rep Thaddeus McCotter? They are both running for President of the United States

Thaddeus McCotter The Media & Reindeer Games.

REINDEER GAMES:

"Refers to any fun activities which are enjoyed only by members of a clique, the fact of which is often purposefully made obvious to anyone existing outside of said clique in order to make them feel inadequate and left-out. Refers to "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer".

9. The Watcher on September 17th, 2011 10:04 pm

Job…rich guy, lost everything, made to suffer. God let Satan do it to Job, so…

SATAN: THE ORIGINAL DEMOCRAT!

10. Marshall_Will on September 17th, 2011 10:22 pm

The LSM would infinitely prefer to find 2008 over Jesus. Any day of the WEEK.

Seems to be all they are saying, Dude, have you seen my 2008..? It was just right here! That's what this lame azz Wall Street/Burning Man 'protest' seems to about? Just stir the shizz and we'll figure out what we're trying to topple later?

Good times down at the Guard! We finally… got something resembling a T-1 Connection in the barracks so a laptop finally made sense. At home gettin' Faves loaded while I can!

Supposed… to be Indian Summer down there next week so at least we've got THAT going for us? Check back in a bit!

11. SignPainterGuy on September 17th, 2011 10:56 pm

I suspected your absence was Guard related. Good luck with the T-1 connection and laptop !

12. cdl on September 18th, 2011 2:26 am

It's funny how those that hate Christ love to project Christ-like qualities onto otherwise incompetent buffoons.

If they were honest about what they believe they'd project qualities upon Ubama reminiscent of their god evolution. Something like, "fixing the economy is so easy a cave man could do it." … "No wait…"

13. SignPainterGuy on September 18th, 2011 2:38 am

You`re on to something !

14. Marshall_Will on September 18th, 2011 5:18 pm

Interesting observation. The Professional Left completely SHUNS the notion of a higher power, unless…. that higher power happens to resemble Anderson Cooper, bringing promises of Gubmint-related programs that assure you'll never have to worry about sprucing up that resume EVER again!

Then it's bust out the angels time!