The deal-breaker came when producers told Bill the dancing wouldn’t involve a pole, glitter and Andrea Rincon.

Market Watch:

Former president Bill Clinton turned down an offer to compete in the hit TV show “Dancing With the Stars,” because he didn’t have the time, AFP reports. “This is interesting — actually they contacted me once about this,” Clinton said during an appearance on the syndicated talkfest “The Rachael Ray Show.”

Actually I heard that he spent some time on the “Dancing” set, but every time somebody said “I see Bono” Bill replied “I gotta get tighter underwear.”

Joy Behar and Rachael Ray obviously really enjoyed interviewing him. It sounds like the most frustrating thing about Ray’s interview with Bubba was that she’d misplaced the knee-pads.

Just in case another “dancing” invite comes their way though, the Clintons and their liberal friends are busy practicing.

Comments

13 Responses to “Bummer: Bill Clinton Turned Down Offer From ‘Dancing with the Stars’”

1. backwoods on September 21st, 2011 6:40 pm

I'm assuming he turned them down because they wouldn't allow any three-legged dance steps.

2. Doug on September 21st, 2011 6:44 pm

Ha! "I call this dance the 'potato sack race!'"

3. backwoods on September 21st, 2011 6:45 pm

Of course. If he's not going to get anybody in the sack he has no motivation.

4. sizemorew on September 21st, 2011 7:21 pm

I was kinda hoping that this wasn't the same Rachael Ray who hosts 30 Minute Meals on Food Network which I periodically watch. It made me really sad when I found out it was. Stick to cooking, Ray! You're good at that!

Though I'm surprised Bill didn't go on Dancing. You'd think he'd want the free publicity.

5. SignPainterGuy on September 21st, 2011 7:28 pm

I like her as well but always thought she `s a bit goofy. Right, stick to cookin`, Rache !

Der Schlickmeister is particular about the things he`ll do to make a fool of himself.

6. serfer62 on September 21st, 2011 9:07 pm

They turned him down due to the shortage of ice.

7. Marshall_Will on September 21st, 2011 9:41 pm

Relieved! Mrs. Will is a huge fan of the show ( and a great ballroom dancer in her own right ) so not having to endure Bubba is a godsend. With all the lady dancers of different ethnicities Bill would've been on display in a state of perma-arousal.

Yeah, ef's me up too!

8. cdl on September 21st, 2011 11:52 pm

He misunderstood the premise of the show and thought they might pair him with that Chaz Bono and he thought it would remind him too much of Hitlery.

9. Doug on September 22nd, 2011 12:00 am

Now that's just mean. FUNNY, but mean…

You know, for almost a year whenever I saw Chaz Bono I thought it was former Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weis.

10. Dexter_Alarius on September 22nd, 2011 11:06 am

He only knows the "horizontal bop".

11. Granny55 on September 22nd, 2011 2:27 pm

OMG – that is too funny!!!

12. Granny55 on September 22nd, 2011 2:28 pm

I was always wondering who "it" looked like????

13. Granny55 on September 22nd, 2011 2:30 pm

And does anyone notice the resemblence of Rachel Ray to Monica Lewinski? I used to like to watch her but now I can't stand her. My claim to fame with Rachel Ray??? The "I Hate Rachel Ray" website was started by a neighbor of mine!!!