Morgan Freeman: “They’re going to do everything they can to get this black man outta here.”

Has Freeman noticed that one of the people in the GOP mix who is among the Tea Party favorites is a black man?

Here’s the kicker: Not all that long ago, Mike Wallace interviewed Freeman and asked him what would be the best first step to eliminate racism in the country. Freeman’s answer: “Stop talking about it,” and stop obsessing about color:

I’d have respect for any Hollywood lib who would simply man-up and admit that their favorite president has been an abject failure, an economic disaster, and accept that the rainbows, gumdrops and unicorns America was promised was a fraud. But instead, somehow Obama’s shortcomings are due to a racist “Tea Party” that was completely powerless for the first two years of his presidency.

News flash for Freeman: In every presidential election, the opposing party is trying to “do everything they can to get that other guy outta there.” Even the white ones.

Freeman might also want to have a chat with many former Obama supporters who are white, but who have somehow, by Freeman’s definition, suffered Sudden Racism Syndrome.

Comments

27 Responses to “Get Busy Livin’ or Get Busy Calling the Tea Party Racist: Morgan Freeman Doesn’t Heed His Own Advice”

1. dancermommd on September 23rd, 2011 4:19 pm

I don't vote by color or letter. I vote by person. Other people should do the same.

2. Rosalie on September 23rd, 2011 4:32 pm

I saw that Wallace interview. Well, it sounded pretty good at the time. Now, he's showing how he really feels. What a hypocrit.

3. Pasadena Phil on September 23rd, 2011 5:54 pm

It just may be that the black community is simply not yet ready to lead. They just can''t break out of their tribal attitudes.

We've had only two Quaker presidents and both left office as failures. But has anyone ever argued that Hoover and Nixon were undermined because they were Quakers? No. They failed. Period. It had nothing to do with being Quakers just as Obama failing has nothing to do with his being black. In fact, I would argue that white America bending over blackward to overlook his obvious weaknesses contributed greatly to his even being president in the first place.

That issue should be brought up the next time a black candidate runs as a black candidate appealing to race rather than to qualification.

4. SignPainterGuy on September 23rd, 2011 6:34 pm

I`m getting really tired of so many of my favorite actors opening their mouths and liberal looonacy spilling out ! I wish they`d just shut up and act !

Arrogant narcissistic keynesian marxist liar …… sounds like a real recipe for failure regardless of race !

5. Marshall_Will on September 23rd, 2011 11:12 pm

I swear, half the guys I've worked w/ over the years are more versatile actors, comedians and stand up performers than 90% of Hollywood?

Used to have this guy worked at the tire shop that did a Mick Jagger to the 't' when he sang "Miss You" into a tire iron 'microphone' and then did a Rodney Dangerfield seconds later! MF has been playing the same "character" for going on 30 years?

I'm more interested in hearing what tire iron guy has to say about politics than MF.

6. Marshall_Will on September 23rd, 2011 11:19 pm

Phil,

Interested to get your take on a lot of posters at MM's that have somehow come to think the Tea Party as like a "utility". It's 'on' 24/7 and if you're in NEED of it, simply go over to the wall outlet/sink/phone/cable and turn it on!

After the last few weeks I think I've had about enough. Let's see, we'll do all the dirty/henchmen work so you guys can attend the ribbon cutting ceremony? I don't THINK so!?

Even… EVEN if our contribution were some sort of Roy Hobbs/Kid from Nowhere that came in at the bottom of the 9th hit a grand slam only to never be heard from again, they'd STILL be indebted to us after the 2010 mid's! Some people!

7. joyannaadams on September 23rd, 2011 11:27 pm

You know, I'm calling Obama a white man from now on. He IS just as much white as he is black. His mother was white. He was raised by white people.

And I'm having a major problem with that white man in the White House.

8. SignPainterGuy on September 23rd, 2011 11:35 pm

One of my fave RD lines, from Back to School; he asks his Lit. Prof. out for 3 different times. She responds ea. time with, "Sorry, I have class." He finishes with, "Could you call me sometime when you have no class ?"

Ha ha, I tell you, that guy got no respect !

9. cdl on September 23rd, 2011 11:57 pm

Amen!

10. Marshall_Will on September 24th, 2011 12:55 am

Joyanna!

I'm shocked and SURPRISED at your brazeness in taking away that man's most PRIZED possession. The.Race.Card! Who do you think you are anyway? ( Good one girl, hope your son is doing better! )

11. Marshall_Will on September 24th, 2011 1:01 am

SPG,

If you've never seen it Rodney's first movie was "Easy Money" was better than all the others combined! My favorite line of his, was his last….

Upon entering the hospital he said, "If everything goes alright, I'll be out in two weeks. If it -doesn't- so good ( I'll be out in about two hours? )" We miss ya' Rodney.

In ways, I understand the frustration of some of these 'actors'. They're so specialized and typecast, the show up, take their pie in the face, collect their check and split. They reach a point where they can't even take THEMSELVES seriously.

12. Pasadena Phil on September 24th, 2011 1:10 am

I'm not sure what you mean by "Tea Party as a utility" but if you are referring to the posters there that are always asking "where is the Tea Party?" every time something happens, it think it's because most of them are dyed-in-the-wool Republicans who see the Tea Party as a threat and would like to see us go away. To them, "conservative" and "Republican" mean the same thing. They are devoted to party, not principles and since the Tea Party is about principles and the GOP is the party that doesn't stand for anything, we are a threat. But they sure love to sic us at their liberals at every opportunity.

I have found it utterly impossible to convince most of them that they are the biggest obstacle to conservatives trying to work within the party. Wait until next year when the primaries are in full swing. Most of them will be ardent noseholders throwing the same tired slanders at us that the liberals do. Most of them don't even read what Michelle writes even though they adore her and may not even realize that they are actually working against her, something I point out once in a while.

13. SignPainterGuy on September 24th, 2011 1:29 am

You do catch the devil for your efforts !

14. SignPainterGuy on September 24th, 2011 1:38 am

I would change only the conclusion. I see them as desperate to be relevant and important as REAL persons ! Sad in ways …

I miss Rodney too, he was easy to imitate at least to a recognizable point. Those eyes were something else ! He, Larry Fine (Stooge) and Kenny Schraeder (sp?)(NASCAR) looked much alike !

15. Pasadena Phil on September 24th, 2011 1:45 am

It's not easy being me!

16. Turbo on September 24th, 2011 4:01 am

He was against it, before he was for it. Busted! LOL :D

17. Turbo on September 24th, 2011 4:04 am

..and PS, can someone please report the Mike Wallace interview clip to AttackWatch.gov? This does NOT serve Dear Leader properly!

18. Granny55 on September 24th, 2011 11:20 am

The black community has been so blinded by their democrat leaders and the media that even a failing president will be propped up as a man who could not do his job because of racism and the Tea Party. What no one points out or acknowledges is that Obama is completely and totally unqualified for the position. He has no governing experience, no negotiating experience, no business experience and has not even learned the art of any of those measures while in office. He came into office and handed over all policy issues and decisions to a fool proof congress and let them dictate and write policy and legislation which he signed with no input or leadership. Well, maybe one instance when he said "We won – get over it." His wealth redistribution and social justice idealogy is all he has for policy. Now, as the populice discovers what an empty suit he is and his poll numbers are dropping he has decided to write a jobs bill based on all ready failed stimulus and waive it around as if it is going to save the country. No one is buying it. Now the black community, who has been especially hard hit by his leadership, is circling the wagon to save their guy based solely on his color because he has failed them in all other areas. Same story with the media. When the black community starts looking at black leaders like Herman Cain, Allen West and others who truly will lead based on the constitution, freedom and an individual's right to liberty and not the color of their skin, then and only then, will they get what they are looking for.

19. SignPainterGuy on September 24th, 2011 1:26 pm

That`s the way I see it, but we all know that any non-dem black person will be resoundingly scorned as a sell-out, a lacky, an Uncle Tom and names I wouldn`t say for daring to venture off into the realm of "the white man". Herman Cain has displayed econ. leadership skills and if we can draft Allen West, we`d have a strong nat`l security leader who will stand strong and tall against the PC crowd and the islamocoddlers and islam itself; something we have yet to see in anyone else !

20. SignPainterGuy on September 24th, 2011 2:12 pm

Just did the "Pres. Candidate Poll" at Weasel Zippers. Herman Cain is second behind Perry by only 3.3%. He is gaining traction !

People must be paying better attention !

21. Pasadena Phil on September 24th, 2011 3:39 pm

That is why the establishment money is now working hard to get Christie into the race. Rombama will probably regain front runner status soon at 24% (yawn) which doesn't bode well for his chances next year.

Perry knocked out Bachman by jumping in with buzz but that faded fast and so they now need to change the subject again with Fat Boy jumping in with buzz. If the buzz again proves fleeting, expect another try with Mitch Daniels. And then you have Huckleberry and Giuliani ready to send in another wave of RINOs in the RINO stampede.

You would think that the corrupt GOP liberal establishment would listen to its base and run a conservative but they would rather lose to Obama/Hillary than risk losing their control of the GOP to conservatives. To them, WE are the enemy, not the Dems.

The nose holders simply must stop signalling that they will vote for whatever liberal Democrat the GOP jams down our throats. They are a bigger problem than the Dems.

22. SignPainterGuy on September 24th, 2011 4:17 pm

I guess you get them too; the pleas for money thinly disguised as surveys from the RNCC. (or did you say you`re an Indie ?) Anyway, I tell them every chance I get that I`m fed up with their rinos and establishment status quos; I demand real conservatives and they will not get one red cent until AFTER they do ! I get fewer mailings but they still fill my e-in-box ! I also mention they should support the Tea Party instead of working against or trying to co-opt them. Gets me no where, but I keep trying !

23. Granny55 on September 24th, 2011 5:34 pm

We can piss, moan and bitch to the RNC all we want – they are deaf. When the money dries up – they will get the message. Money talks when it comes to getting your way. Keep donating to tea party candidates and tel the RNC to eff off. Then we will get our candidate. Sadly too many RINOs are spreading their $$$ to the likes of Romney and others and they choose our losing candidate. Powers in tea party numbers will overcome those traitors. And by the way – what an absolutely beautiful fall day here in mid-Michigan!!! On the way to the apple farm!!!

24. Pasadena Phil on September 24th, 2011 5:58 pm

I''m an unaffiliated independent conservative and will probably continue to be until I'm buried in my grave. I've had it with both of the Democratic parties.

25. SignPainterGuy on September 24th, 2011 7:36 pm

We were finishing up racing season in MI about now ( a few yrs ago) and always stopped in the veggie stands along US-31 in southern MI. I was always amazed the growing season is long enough for peaches up there !

You`re absolutely right about the hard-heads in the RNC; they only hear the sound of empty coffers ! I would say they hear the sound of full coffers too, but then, they`re not listening !

26. SignPainterGuy on September 24th, 2011 7:42 pm

Yeah, I thought so. Here, you pretty much have to be an R or D to vote in the primaries, and that`s where candidates are chosen plus many referendums are voted on then. A lot can be slipped thru then because of the smaller % of likely voters !

27. cabrerski on September 25th, 2011 1:26 am

I will do all I can to put a black man in the White House…be he Herman Cain or Allen West. I discovered a long time ago that character transcends all racial or ethnic distinctions.