And Ann Coulter wept while Henry Kissinger said… something nobody could understand but he seemed pretty upset about it nonetheless.

Chris Christie will not be among the 2012 GOP contenders:

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has decided against entering the race for president, likely ending once and for all the GOP establishment’s hope for a new candidate in the 2012 race.

Christie has scheduled a 1 p.m. press conference in his state’s capital, where he’s expected to announce that he will not seek the presidency. Two sources said he has started informing people of his decision in advance of his Trenton press conference.

“He is not running,” said a fundraiser informed of the decision. “Mary Pat and the gov just called tier one [donor] group to say he was out.”

I’ve always loved how Christie deals with public unions and state budget issues, but outside that I don’t think he would have been “my guy” anyway. I’ve heard him say too many things that triggered my RINO radar.

He’ll probably be back in 2016 though — or sooner if the nominee considers him running-mate material.

Comments

10 Responses to “Chris Christie Not Running for President”

1. SignPainterGuy on October 4th, 2011 3:05 pm

In the spirit of Joe BiteMe`s 3 word answer, "This is a big F`n deal !"

Good ! We don`t need another rino.

I can just hear Kissinger`s reply, Can`t make it out, but I can hear it like thunder in the distance !

2. Hyperfobea on October 4th, 2011 3:52 pm

Ditto that, Doug. From the time this rotund & brusque mouth-in-a-suit started garnering whispers among conservatives my gut feeling was as trite as "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is."

3. Dexter_Alarius on October 4th, 2011 4:21 pm

In the spirit of Reagan's 11th Commandment, I'm happy that Gov Christie will continue leading New Jersey toward a better future.

4. Marshall_Will on October 4th, 2011 4:44 pm

Ann's right about a lot of things, Chris just wasn't one of them. One of Michelle's posters ( a NJ native I believe ) even pointed out for all the theatrics, Christie has yet to deliver on a lot of the promises he made cons. voters.

Can't recall the specifics but like our nat'l budget debate ( much of the 'cuts' turned out to more grandstanding than actual content ) Anyone got the skinny on that? No pun intended.

5. sizemorew on October 4th, 2011 5:49 pm

I'm sure someone in NJ will be able to correct me, but the view from the outside is that Christie's doing a decent job in NJ. Maybe not spectacular (I know I slapped my forehead when he said he believed in climate change) but decent. Let him stay there and continue working on dealing with the issues there.

6. joyannaadams on October 4th, 2011 6:57 pm

I found it kind of strange that he would give that "speech' last week at the Reagan library…just to tease.

I think he got a lot of money from…a lot of people just pretending he was going to run…and then…he didn't.

That alone makes him suspicious. But then…it's New Jersey.

7. SignPainterGuy on October 4th, 2011 6:57 pm

By the standards set by his predecessors, Christie is doing a fairly decent job for NJ; he just isn`t at all what the country needs.

8. swede on October 4th, 2011 9:04 pm

Christie announces that he will not enter the race which he never had any intention of entering, and has repeatedly said he would not enter and couldn't win if he did enter.

'scuse me, but this is news we can lose. Next.

9. Pasadena Phil on October 4th, 2011 10:02 pm

Keeping in mind that he stands opposed to all of our conservative positions, imagine a President Christie confronting us with his "awesome" attitude over amnesty, gun control, global warming legislation, RombamaCare and so on. He may be "Governor Awesome" fighting the unions but….

Good riddens.

10. Granny55 on October 5th, 2011 5:17 pm

I was kinda on a Chris Christie band wagon when he first appeared on scene and then the more I read and the more I looked into his stances I decided that the only good thing that has come out of New Jersey so far is Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons that lead to the fabulous Jersey Boys musical.