For a while there it was so much fun to think about:

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to see her get in, if for no other reason than to take the race to a different level, but I agree that she might have more sway offering her opinion and fundraising for others from the sidelines than from within the game.

Here’s Palin’s announcement by way of the Mark Levin Show:

After much prayer and serious consideration, I have decided that I will not be seeking the 2012 GOP nomination for President of the United States. As always, my family comes first and obviously Todd and I put great consideration into family life before making this decision. When we serve, we devote ourselves to God, family and country. My decision maintains this order.

My decision is based upon a review of what common sense Conservatives and Independents have accomplished, especially over the last year. I believe that at this time I can be more effective in a decisive role to help elect other true public servants to office – from the nation’s governors to Congressional seats and the Presidency. We need to continue to actively and aggressively help those who will stop the “fundamental transformation” of our nation and instead seek the restoration of our greatness, our goodness and our constitutional republic based on the rule of law.

From the bottom of my heart I thank those who have supported me and defended my record throughout the years, and encouraged me to run for President. Know that by working together we can bring this country back – and as I’ve always said, one doesn’t need a title to help do it.

I will continue driving the discussion for freedom and free markets, including in the race for President where our candidates must embrace immediate action toward energy independence through domestic resource developments of conventional energy sources, along with renewables. We must reduce tax burdens and onerous regulations that kill American industry, and our candidates must always push to minimize government to strengthen the economy and allow the private sector to create jobs.

Those will be our priorities so Americans can be confident that a smaller, smarter government that is truly of the people, by the people, and for the people can better serve this most exceptional nation.

In the coming weeks I will help coordinate strategies to assist in replacing the President, re-taking the Senate, and maintaining the House.

Thank you again for all your support. Let’s unite to restore this country!

God bless America.

– Sarah Palin

As far as the GOP race goes, this is probably fairly good news to Herman Cain… and maybe Rick Perry.

Some speculated that Palin might consider a third party run, but I never thought there was any chance that Sarah would do anything to help Barack Obama in 2012 — much like Ross Perot helped elect Bill Clinton in 1992.

It’ll be interesting to see who Palin endorses — if anybody.

Comments

12 Responses to “Palin’s Out”

1. backwoods on October 5th, 2011 10:42 pm

2. SignPainterGuy on October 5th, 2011 11:21 pm

To me, this is a relief. Nothing, repeat, NOTHING against her, but I`m glad she`s out. She would have caught even worse hell from the left, neither she nor her family or the country needed that, plus, she and M.Bachmann would have likely siphoned votes from ea. other and given the race to someone else. Other than Sarah`s better retorts under pressure, the two were pretty much equal in conservative bona fidas, imo. I would have pulled the lever (actually, touched the screen button) for her had she been the nominee; I did before !

Now she`s free to work as she`s been doing and perhaps avail. for a cabinet position; Sec. of Interior / Energy ! I still think she`d be great as Chair of the RNC !

I can see how this could boost Cain, perhaps Perry, but some at MM`s place are saying Paul …. WHY ? I can`t stand him ! He is Out-to-Lunch on protectionist policies and nat`l security, especially as it relates to islamic threats !

3. Doug on October 5th, 2011 11:37 pm

I'm not unhappy that Palin and her family won't be put through an even more vicious sausage grinder than they already have been, but part of me thought that the fact that she's already been through it would have made the campaign trail that much easier.

Yeah, to say Palin not running would help Paul would obviously mean she'd siphon votes from him if she was running. Does anybody know any Ron Paul supporters who have said "I'm with Ron unless Sarah gets in"? The two are polar opposites on national/global security.

4. SignPainterGuy on October 6th, 2011 12:14 am

Surely she could have handled the extended harassment with her experience, but for cryin` out loud, I had a belly full of it by `06 when it was aimed at Bush ! I`m so fed up with the American Pravda Media; or as Zilla calls them, the "Enemedia" ! BDS became PDS ….

There are a few RP supporters at MM`s, and I think one did say he`d go for Palin if she jumped in. Can`t even begin to remember who though. RPaulistas are a truly strange bunch !

5. Jimbo on October 6th, 2011 2:37 am

Lucky Trig. Unlucky us.

6. OK_Loyalist on October 6th, 2011 3:07 am

She is only out because of the MSM.

The MSM only exists because conservatives continue to feed their cash cow… advertising dollars watching sports events and soap operas/daytime talk

7. OK_Loyalist on October 6th, 2011 3:11 am

Of course, being a liar is acceptable as well to the same crowd

8. Hyperfobea on October 6th, 2011 12:58 pm

I'd take Ron Paul over any other GOP candidate on the table right now. His views are much the closer to the architects of this nation than are most other republicans and their constituents. Why are true patriots/strict constitutionalists so often labeled "isolationists"? As if that is a pejorative. America is not an empire. The movie Team America: World Police captured rather well the perverse ideology of so many warmongering, pro-interventionalist republicans. Petards. The lot.

9. Dexter_Alarius on October 6th, 2011 3:05 pm

Hope to see her as Secretary of Energy or Interior in the next administration.
    Or, run for Alaska Senate in '14.
    Either way, I hope she stays engaged.
    She's young and has time for a presidential run later.

10. backwoods on October 6th, 2011 4:25 pm

The foreign policy views of Ron Paul might have merit if we could count on the bad guys in the world to leave us alone. It has been proven repeatedly they will not.

11. Portia on October 6th, 2011 6:07 pm

Sigh. This, of course, ruins one of my best day-dreams: Barack and Michelle meeting Sarah and Todd at the steps of the White House, January 20, 2012. Watching Chris Mathews turn into Howard Beale….

12. SignPainterGuy on October 6th, 2011 9:40 pm

That would have been an enjoyable visual !