First of all, it appears that, after numerous site issues, we’re back up for the time being.

While we were down, a new Sesame Street character was announced:

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – A new poverty-stricken Muppet will highlight the issue of hunger struggles on an episode of “Sesame Street”, the show said in a statement on Tuesday.

Pink-faced Muppet Lily, whose family deals with food insecurity, will join Big Bird, Elmo and other favorites on a one-hour prime-time special featuring country star Brad Paisley and his wife Kimberly Williams Paisley called “Growing Hope Against Hunger,” to air Oct 9.

The new Muppet will bring awareness to the ongoing hunger struggles that families face in the United States, the show said.

“Food insecurity is a growing and difficult issue for adults to discuss, much less children,” the Paisleys said in a statement.

Producers are keeping mum about what happens during the scene where the “food insecure” muppet meets the Cookie Monster. I’ll bet it gets pretty ugly.

I’m confused. Most of what I read on the topic of nutrition consists of study after study of how obese kids are these days. Now they’re starving? (I mean “food insecure”?)

Actually, sources tell me that the poverty-stricken muppet Lily will help the White House peddle “Let’s Move” and promote taxpayer funding to eliminate so-called food deserts. It’s just the show’s way of apologizing for how the characters treated the First Lady the last time she was on:

*****

Related: If you get a chance, read Thomas Sowell’s The Hunger Hoax to see why Sesame Street first needs a muppet that is a welfare-state promoting sham artist.

Comments

9 Responses to “Sesame Street to Feature Muppet Ravaged by Hope & Change”

1. Hyperfobea on October 5th, 2011 6:13 pm

The saddest thing about this seemingly harmless kids fluff-and-stuff is that it is so seemingly harmless kids fluff-and-stuff. The scary part is that too many folks eyes are so full of fluff-and-stuff they don't see the many guises of propaganda. As that self-proclaimed beaner Carlos Mencia would say "der der derr" … urrrrgh.

BTW .. the video clip of Moo-shell & BB is riotously funny.

2. Marshall_Will on October 5th, 2011 6:43 pm

Hyper,

2nd! Do NOT miss that vidclip!

3. Joe Redfield on October 5th, 2011 7:51 pm

"Food insecurity"? Does that mean anxiety caused by lack of immediate access to certified organic, free range, fair trade tofu? Or am I imaging things?

4. SignPainterGuy on October 5th, 2011 8:00 pm

No, Joe, you aren`t imagining anything ! As the gun scopes bearing your name would show, your "cross-hairs" are RightOnTarget !

5. SignPainterGuy on October 5th, 2011 8:12 pm

I almost want to see the entire episode, or at least that segment with Meanchelle. Was this REAL ? If so, did BB later admit that he was just kidding, and knew that the whole Birther thing was hogwash, or maybe the rest of the cast and Meanchelle herself "re-educated" BB ? Looks like SNL or The Onion ! I mean to say, I thought SS was all lefty, sneaky n stuff !

6. The Watcher on October 5th, 2011 9:47 pm

I took a quick glimpse of the comments at the Yahoo posting of this nonsense…seems the majority of commenters have Sesame Street's number on this steaming pile of progressive propaganda.

7. Marshall_Will on October 5th, 2011 10:37 pm

The Watcher,

Good! About time. I'm not making excuses for entertainers, particularly musicians where they may only have a few good albums/tours worth to cash in. Unlike The Stones, Elvis and a handful of others most will never become household names. Royalties [alone] won't keep them afloat.

Still, he can do better…

8. Granny55 on October 6th, 2011 10:40 am

Is that muppet's name going to be "Jessica Jackson"…… Jesse's long lost, illegitimate daughter???

9. Portia on October 6th, 2011 6:33 pm

These days, one doesn't see who's using food stamps because they now have cards. I remember well, though, back in the day when pennies counted if we were to pay our bills. I cut coupons; I went to at least 3 grocery stores every Saturday to buy only what was on sale—and stood behind people who'd buy hotdogs, chips, prime rib, and that expensive pre-mixed pancake stuff and pay for it with food stamps. If there are starving kids in the US, it's because their caretakers are freaking idiots.