For people who are always warning America about the dangers of obesity, the Democratic Party sure does try to get everybody to eat dinner with them a lot, don’t they?

Here are the Democrats’ latest “win dinner with” participants:

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is offering voters a chance to win a dinner with House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and former Vice President Al Gore.

In a fundraising email, Pelosi encourages supporters to enter the contest where the winner is flown out to San Francisco for a dinner with Gore and the minority leader on October 10th.
[...]
“Our special dinner with former Vice President Gore comes as House Republicans are continuing to push their radical, anti-environment agenda,” Pelosi continues in the email.

In what depraved alternate universe is watching Al Gore hork down a rack of lamb with a carafe-of-gravy chaser while listening to Nancy Pelosi prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that she was the inspiration for the invention of the straight-jacket considered a “prize”?

Pelosi doesn’t say if the anti-greenhouse gas crusader Gore will send his private jet to pick up the winner. Fingers crossed!

Comments

21 Responses to “DCCC: Win Dinner With Al & Nancy”

1. sizemorew on October 6th, 2011 4:56 pm

In this case, even the winner is a loser.

2. Doug on October 6th, 2011 5:01 pm

Yeah, the dinner should have been second prize. First prize is you get to stay home.

3. Marshall_Will on October 6th, 2011 5:31 pm

Speaking of depraved alternate universes…

I have a client that.., get the children out of the room and that drink away from your keyboard/nostrils: that has said; "Nancy Pelosi is a little 'hottie' and she KNOWS it!"

So he'll probably be bidding!

All I could ever think when he'd say, "WHAT! ( you don't think so? )" was, dude, I really FEEL for you. His wife sounds well, husky on the phone but!?

4. backwoods on October 6th, 2011 5:42 pm

The carbon footprint would be enormous. And that's just from Al's emissions after dinner. Can you imagine how much the flight would add?

5. Marshall_Will on October 6th, 2011 6:13 pm

Enough politics: ( Let's talk Baseball! )

"History slightly favors the Tigers, though. Road teams are 8-6 in Division Series Game 5's (factoring in the AL and National League) since baseball went to the eight-team playoff format in 1995. And the Yanks haven't won a decisive game (be it a Game 7 or a Game 5) since Aaron Boone connected off Boston's Tim Wakefield in Game 7 of the 2003 AL Championship Series."

Good LUCK tonight Doug and you know we were just hard timing you on MM's yesterday.., right?

6. The Watcher on October 6th, 2011 6:16 pm

There's no way I consider it a 'Grand Prize' to be forced to sit through a dinner where your host keeps looking at your plate and asking, 'You going to finish those?'

7. Doug on October 6th, 2011 6:24 pm

you know we were just hard timing you on MM's yesterday.., right?

Uh, yeah… of course I knew that… er…

I'm clearing out the post que before game time so I can give the game 100% focus (well, 95% game focus, 5% focus on my beer). I'm gonna go 5-3 Tigers in spite of what the "experts" are saying.

8. SignPainterGuy on October 6th, 2011 6:33 pm

Dog gonnit, y`all beat me to it ! I was gonna say, second prize would include a dance with Barney Frank !

9. SignPainterGuy on October 6th, 2011 6:44 pm

When the early 20 somethings on the tire fitting crew would catch me looking at a 50 something lady, they`d ask what I thought. I`d reply, "Nice looking lady", to which they`d reply, "Been a while, has it ?" They just had no appreciation for "aging, well or otherwise" !

In all fairness, Nancy Piglousy was a nice looking woman ……… once …….. but that old saying, "Beauty is only skin deep" has a whole separate meaning when attached to that woman !

10. SignPainterGuy on October 6th, 2011 6:48 pm

Hmmmm, does the food come already cooked or does AlBore flame cook it at the table with one of his flame-thrower speeches !

11. Granny55 on October 6th, 2011 6:49 pm

Go Tigers! I will be cheering on our guys, cocktail in hand and for a couple of hours forgetting about all the BS going on around us.

12. Granny55 on October 6th, 2011 6:55 pm

I think I will pass on entering this contest. First, I will never set foot in SanFrancisco again – too weird for me. Second, I think watching someone clip their toe nails would be more gratifying than a dinner with those two.

13. Marshall_Will on October 6th, 2011 7:18 pm

"cocktail in hand"

Oh.. [hick] goody! Mrs. Will and I are making homemade Kahlua for all the holidaze coming up. Let's see… coffee, check, vanilla extract, check ( 5th of grain alcohol… )

Of COURSE I'm going Tigers! ( A WhiteSox fan cheering for NY in the post-season… ) ? We haven't even boiled the WATER for the Kahlua yet! Good luck guys.

14. cdl on October 6th, 2011 7:37 pm

She was nice looking, I agree. However, I can't get that picture of her with that gavel out of my mind when I hear her name.

15. Fuzzlenutter on October 6th, 2011 10:29 pm

I'd rather saw my own testicles off with Sid & Nancy…

16. Marshall_Will on October 7th, 2011 12:00 am

Thus the name Fuzzlenutter! ( I hear ya' man )

3 – ZIP! Looks like the Tigers if nothing else have effectively taken the crowd out of the game. NY fans sound stunned. Hang in there guys!

17. Doug on October 7th, 2011 12:46 am

Taking the crowd out of the game was a huge component, and they've done that so far!

18. Hyperfobea on October 7th, 2011 9:27 am

Arrgh Granny … ditto that to the last.

Actually a toenail sandwich might be more palatable.

19. Hyperfobea on October 7th, 2011 9:28 am

Are the Lions still 0-4, or is it actually 4-0 like I've been hearing?

20. Dexter_Alarius on October 7th, 2011 11:16 am

If someone started playing footsie under the table, I'd be worried which one was doing it! Al would be on his 5th Chakra by the time I've finished my first course!

21. Granny55 on October 7th, 2011 12:14 pm

Some hints for great Kahlua – use a vanilla bean instead of extract and I use brandy for the alcohol – makes it really rich.