US State Dept. Offers Condolences to Family of Al Qaeda Member/US Citizen Killed in Drone Strike

What? No FTD “sorry we blew him up” bouquet?

From the Charlotte Observer:

An official from the U.S. State Department has called the Charlotte family of al-Qaida propagandist Samir Khan to offer the government’s condolences on his death in a U.S. drone attack last week in Yemen, according to a family spokesman.

“They were very apologetic (for not calling the family sooner) and offered condolences,” Jibril Hough said about the Thursday call from the State Department to Khan’s father, Zafar.

The phone call came a day after the family released a statement through Hough that condemned the “assassination” of their 25-year-old son – a U.S. citizen – and said they were “appalled” that they had not heard from the U.S. government to discuss their son’s remains or answer questions about why Khan was not afforded due process.

I’d have expected nothing less from a State Department that once Tweeted birthday greetings to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Aren’t things like this why the left so abhorred Bush and couldn’t wait to usher in the Age of Obama?

Author: Doug Powers

Doug Powers is a writer, editor and commentator covering news of the day from a conservative viewpoint with an occasional shot of irreverence and a chaser of snark. Townhall Media writer/editor. MichelleMalkin.com alum. Bowling novice. Long-suffering Detroit Lions fan. Contact: WriteDoug@Live.com.