Hardly a surprise — Romney is the most establishment of the establishment Republicans, but prepare for nauseating MSM salvos about how this guarantees Romney the nomination:

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will make a surprise appearance Tuesday to endorse Mitt Romney for president, a week after Christie said he had decided not to run.

Christie is planning a joint press conference with the former Massachusetts governor at 3 p.m. in New Hampshire, NBC News has learned.

Christie announced last week that he would not be getting into the race for the Republican nomination, saying “now is not my time,” but gave no indication an endorsement was coming soon.

This New York Daily News story features a headline that makes a political endorsement sound more like an assassination attempt:

In a bizarre turn of events, after Christie endorsed Romney, Romney endorsed Cain. Now I’m confused.

Saturday Night Live saw the Christie/Romney thing coming before even they did:

Comments

12 Responses to “Christie Endorses Romney”

1. SignPainterGuy on October 11th, 2011 8:16 pm

By the boldened letters, you`re not implying that there`s a great muchness of "rino action" happening here, are you Doug ?

Rush seems to think that Christie has been promised the VP slot ……

"Romney scored Gov`s coveted endorsement." Coveted ? I just cannot understand people sometimes !

2. SignPainterGuy on October 11th, 2011 8:22 pm

"Romney endorsed Cain". Yes, he and Cain are the only candidates with real biz experience, but while that`s one of Cain`s many pluses, it`s the only plus for Rombamascare ! Just my opinion !

3. Dancermommd on October 11th, 2011 11:13 pm

Doesn't matter to me. I will make up my own mind. Right now it's leaning to Cain.

4. Doug on October 11th, 2011 11:18 pm

At first I had those letters in all caps and the rest in lower case, but it looked too much like a ransom note: chRistIe eNdorses Romney

5. Doug on October 11th, 2011 11:23 pm

I don't think I've ever voted for somebody based on an endorsement.

6. Marshall_Will on October 12th, 2011 1:46 am

Come to think of it, nor even bought a consumer product. Well, once I was over 9 y.o?

Great game! Made that run on the treadmill whizz by. Fister really stepped up.

7. SignPainterGuy on October 12th, 2011 2:22 am

Heh heh !

I want 20 dripping chili cheese burgers and 5 lbs of crinkle cuts, with my own bottle of ketchup. And don`t gimme no diet drink ! Or the kid gets it, see ?!

8. Hyperfobea on October 12th, 2011 9:12 am

Looking more and more like inertia will be my tether come election day. Alas. Maybe four more years of Obama will result in a badly needed GOP overhaul wherein a strict constitutionalist mindset actually (and finally, mercifully) prevails.

9. Pasadena Phil on October 12th, 2011 1:26 pm

And I never voted for a president based on his VP pick either.

10. SignPainterGuy on October 12th, 2011 3:41 pm

I voted for a VP in spite of her P running mate once.

11. Jimbo on October 12th, 2011 4:38 pm

Rinos of the feather flock together.

12. SignPainterGuy on October 13th, 2011 8:01 pm

Bill O`Really proved once again that he isn`t and doesn`t really recognize conservatives when he said that Christie`s endorsement of Romney was a message to conservatives that it`s OK to vote for Romney ! WHAT ??

Bill and Romney both think Obummer is "well meaning" and "benign" in his intent. Go away already, would`ja Bill ??