On Tuesday, President Obama was in Florida and had a beer with people described as “unemployed construction workers.”

The purpose of the photo op was obviously to show how regular Joes are being hit hard by the tough economy and how they would allegedly be able to find work if the latest “jobs bill” passes. Sometimes though I think there’s more to the reason somebody is unemployed other than just a bad economy:

…one of the unemployed workers is a guy named Mark McKim. Turns out Mr. McKim was arrested in 2006 for DUI and possession of drugs. In 2007, he was arrested for violating probation.

So I guess the economy is so bad that the White House had to lay off the person who does background checks?

It seems to be a White House habit. Check this out from July of 2010:

In his daily press briefing Thursday afternoon, Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said the White House would have never invited Leslie Macko to pose with President Obama had they known about her criminal past.

“Had that type of information been made available,” said Gibbs. “She would not have participated in the event here.”

Macko, a Charlottesville resident, stood next to President Obama as his example of the need to extend jobless benefits.

Who needs vetting when you’ve got Hope & Change?

Comments

7 Responses to “Time for Another Episode of ‘Real Stories of the Obama Photo Op Patrol’”

1. Truesoldier on October 13th, 2011 4:18 pm

Another thing about the "beer with the average guy" photo op picture….did you notice that all the "averae joes" were drinking there Bud straight from the bottle but Obama was using a glass? Not that it is a big deal honestly, but the "optics" just make Obama look snooty.

2. backwoods on October 13th, 2011 4:21 pm

In my day I tended to drink my beer through a funnel, but what the hey.

3. Truesoldier on October 13th, 2011 4:24 pm

Many times while doing a handstand (back in my Army days).

4. SignPainterGuy on October 13th, 2011 4:26 pm

Oblamer has already been to Asheville,NC twice (San Fran of the East Coast – Beer City). That`s twice too many for me, but Thank GOD it`s a county away. He spent a number of visits to the beer pubs (craft beers) and BBQ joints thrilling the local libs AND OF COURSE played golf at the Grove Park Inn!

Well, guess what ….. he`s coming again, next week on his "Jobs" bus tour…. gag me with a shovel …

5. Marshall_Will on October 13th, 2011 4:52 pm

That's what 'I' always do w/ my friends that have issues with alcohol. Take them out for a beer! Also notice Mr. McKim gets b-u-s-t-e-d during what was the absolute heyday of the economy.

God, if you weren't making money in '06 WTF WERE you doing? A lot of Conservatives spent '09 in an alcoholic fog. Who can blame us. Market -continued- to do nothing but collapse, we've got a Soft Coup on our hands and Nov. 2010 mid's were a loooong way off.

I guess that makes us bad people.

6. Pasadena Phil on October 13th, 2011 7:21 pm

If Obama wants to earn his average Joe creds with this crowd, he might consider tagging along when they go out shooting beer bottles off of each others' heads.

7. Marshall_Will on October 13th, 2011 8:12 pm

Yeah well, I get to shoot first Bammie!

During their "I'm huge in Europe!" pub stopover in London, Bammie shows the UK he's a regular guy by -pounding- a few Guiness'. They're only about eleventeen % Alcohol by Vol. so he's gulping 'em down.

The indifference of the pub-goers had Moochelle's anxiety level thru the roof. Bloody good show mates. Round's on me.