What’s a nanny/welfare state without actually getting into the diaper business?

An economic recovery bill authored by Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D.-Conn.) seeks to empower struggling families by directing the federal government to distribute free diapers through day care centers.

The Diaper Investment and Aid to Promote Economic Recovery Act (DIAPER Act) would “relieve some of the stress on families facing hardship in this economy” by providing this direct service, DeLauro said in a letter to congressional colleagues urging them to co-sponsor her bill.

Without diapers, children are not allowed to attend day care, said DeLauro, who described those in need as a “lost generation of Americans.”

Too bad the DIAPER Act wasn’t passed a long time ago, because the first time I saw Rosa DeLauro, I s*#t my pants.

Will the Dems be lame enough to claim this will help “save or create millions of jobs“? Probably.

Diapers distributed through this initiative will bear a special marking so you’ll know it’s a part of The Diaper Investment and Aid to Promote Economic Recovery Act:

Comments

14 Responses to “I Can Hear Obama Already: ‘Pass This DIAPER Bill!’”

1. Marshall_Will on October 19th, 2011 6:46 pm

Nice! Now I'm out of commission! Scuezee…

2. Joe Redfield on October 19th, 2011 7:09 pm

They could start by shipping a supply of diapers to the various 'Occupy' encampments around the country.

3. SignPainterGuy on October 19th, 2011 7:29 pm

M_W, your link got me a FORBIDDEN notice and a 404 error thingy. Did you make a transcription error or is DeLauro so embarrassed by this dirty diaper of a bill that she had it wiped, er uh, scrubbed, or something ?

4. Granny55 on October 19th, 2011 7:47 pm

As Frank Barone would say – Holy Crap – what's next!!!

5. Marshall_Will on October 19th, 2011 8:04 pm

SPG,

Even though I copied the link verbatim it still didn't work. Trust me, this is a good thing. So between the after glow of the inaugural booty shaking ball to now: We've gone from Tax Credits for Breast Pumps to Free Crappers -for- Nappers! Got it! Go right for the shizz' yo!

I've been pitching in for Rob Cornilles, our local GOP cand. to replace David Tigger/Molester Wu and it's been a gas! Rob is a Tea Party favorite and all around great guy. His wife and mine really hit it off at our last event.

Since both of the girls are Asian it just -proves- we're raaaacist!

6. SignPainterGuy on October 19th, 2011 8:16 pm

Yep, I recognize mercy when I see it !

"Crappers-for-Nappers", good one !

Good for you, "pitching"; throw strikes and keep `em rollin` in the floors. And too bad about bein` all raaaaaacist n stuff, even if the girls do have something special in common ! ;-)

7. Jim on October 19th, 2011 8:21 pm

The D in "DIAPER" stands for "Diaper?" Are they really allowed to have an acronym with the full word as part of the acronym? I thought that was, like, against the rules or something.

8. Marshall_Will on October 19th, 2011 10:01 pm

Operation Air Drop Maturity!

9. Marshall_Will on October 19th, 2011 10:09 pm

SPG,

What makes it 'fun' is the base is so fired up! Their responses are Yeah and HELL Yeah. So easy. Imagine for a minute what this -has- to be like for Dem volunteers?

Heh… Heh… hello..? Do 'what' to myself? Hey, you be careful what you say about my mother! Oh, take your name of our Donor List and THEN go _ _ _ _ myself.

Good thing they've got all the [our] money in the world b/c I can't picture anyone putting up w/ that cr@p for free? You know it would be so much fun to sneak a slam-cam into one of these Dim call centers!

10. Doug on October 19th, 2011 11:40 pm

Yeah, that reminded me of the guy who was asked to spell out the name of an animal, and he replied "'Z' as in 'zebra'… E… B… R…A."

11. Hyperfobea on October 20th, 2011 9:36 am

Oh gee golly whizzer … I just googled this woman(?) and got the scare of my life.

12. SignPainterGuy on October 20th, 2011 3:20 pm

Another one for the lib side of the lib – conservative women photo comparisons ?

Thanks for the warning BTW, I`ll be sure to brace myself should I decide to explore the dark side later !

13. Jimbo on October 20th, 2011 6:05 pm

So, my hard working stay-at-home wife gets no such perks while I earn a living from which our tax money goes to pay for OTHER KIDS DIAPERS?!?!

Earn your own damn diapers!

14. Jimbo on October 20th, 2011 7:14 pm

Wayland Flowers called and he wants Madame back before she does anything else stupid.