Professor of Economics Emeritus at UMass, Richard Wolff, preaches the overthrow of capitalism to the OWSbots. It’s always entertaining when somebody who makes a six-figure salary speaks against the evils of capitalism:

(h/t The Right Scoop)

Comments

8 Responses to “Well-Paid Economics Professor Tells OWS to ‘Overthrow Capitalism”

1. clu on October 23rd, 2011 3:25 pm

Little more than an outdoor class with all the parrots perched around in their proper places for roll call. Been there, done that. I learned quickly that one does not get through college by answering exam questions correctly but by answering them with the answers the instructors require. Correct answers (except for possibly mathematics) on exams have little to do with graduating.

I say ‘possibly mathematics’ because when one gets into the realm of theoretical physics or astrophysics or anything else ‘theoretical’ one can be completely wrong and still graduate with a superior grade average.

Isn’t the field of scholastics grand? One can have an intellectual reputation of universal proportion and be as whacky as a Jay bird but who’s going to argue with a poor little bald fella walking with a cane or one in or out of a wheelchair and call his whole life’s work a colossal waste of time studying and theorizing about the creation and completely miss The Creator in whom there is no theory but is fully self-revealed?

2. SignPainterGuy on October 23rd, 2011 4:20 pm

Gee whiz, this reminds me of my ex the last two years of our marriage. She`d spill this line of bs and occasionally quiz me on it, I guess to see if I was paying attention. When I answered according to her bs line, she never said anything, but the look in her eyes said she was NOT happy. I know she could tell I knew, but she never dropped the facade, to the bitter end. Odd !

Many people fail to see the existence of GOD through his creation, there`s no personal "touchy-feelly" experience they can put their hands on. GOD has this really aggravating habit of refusing to do parlor tricks.

3. swede on October 23rd, 2011 7:17 pm

Ah, yes, Econ 101 and the venerable law of supply and demand. We demand stuff and the government supplies it.

4. Hyperfobea on October 24th, 2011 9:10 am

Aren't there laws against inciting anarchy? Imagine if this little Napolean's rank and file was say, oh thirty or forty times larger and armed with assault weapons. Are the minds of these people really so tiny and scrambled that they don't see the schemes of the dictator-wannabes?

5. The Morning Links (10/24) | From the Desk of Lady Liberty on October 24th, 2011 10:15 am

[...] Well-Paid Economics Professor Tells OWS to ‘Overthrow Capitalism [...]

6. SignPainterGuy on October 24th, 2011 2:49 pm

Long answer, Yeeeeeeesssss !

7. deepa on October 25th, 2011 5:37 am

The visit to the site gave wonderful information. Visit: bangalorewithlove dot com(send gifts and flowers to Bangalore).

8. Mad Libs – Part III | From the Desk of Lady Liberty on October 30th, 2011 10:56 am

[...] Well-Paid Economics Professor Tells OWS to ‘Overthrow Capitalism : The Powers That Be [...]