Who says there are no jobs out there?

The city Health Department is looking to hire a condom coordinator to keep the city’s public high schools stocked with free birth control.

The former condom czar, Amrita Harbajan — the first person to hold the position since its 2005 creation — no longer works for the agency, which runs the program with the Department of Education.

The city is offering up to $88,000 a year.

The previous Condom Czar was promoted to Washington and is now the National Director of Diaphragms & Dental Dams, so there is room for advancement!

Comments

16 Responses to “Help Wanted: NYC Condom Czar”

1. Dexter_Alarius on October 24th, 2011 5:51 pm

"The city is offering up to $88,000 a year."

Depending on experience?
    Any certifications required?
    A Bachelor degree required?

2. Truesoldier on October 24th, 2011 5:53 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if it is dependent on whether or not the applicant can pass the background check. I could see some pehophiles very interested in a job handing out condomns to high school kids.

3. Truesoldier on October 24th, 2011 5:55 pm

I never did get these handing out free condomn deals. The way I always looked at it is if you are too chiken sh!t or too broke to go out and by them yourself then you have no business even thinking about having sex.

4. Marshall_Will on October 24th, 2011 6:04 pm

Excellent point. I recall the Navy passing 'em out by order of the health officer when we'd pull into port but… on a daily basis to HS kids? In spite of all the usual Prog-projection, most teens were never as high strung as they've been made out to be.

I was Class of '77 and only recall one or two gals having children. I'm sure there were a few abortions in there as well. Always is, but there wasn't nearly as much intercourse going on as portrayed in the movies and don't believe that's changed all that much?

5. Jimbo on October 24th, 2011 6:16 pm

This is a job for Rosa L. DeLauro. She could just parade her fearsome mug around boys health class. That should be good for about a year's worth of celibacy, no condoms required.

6. SignPainterGuy on October 24th, 2011 7:50 pm

There were a couple girls disappeared mysteriously from my high school class, later to learn the truth, but while there was a lot of talk, there was a common expression, "The ones talking the most about it were the ones gettin` the least !"

7. Pasadena Phil on October 24th, 2011 7:59 pm

Can't they just hire a hotdog vendor from Yankee Stadium and pay him $30,000? What's the big deal? How do you screw up giving things away?

This would be an excellent candidate for elimination to balance the NYC budget.

8. Marshall_Will on October 24th, 2011 8:14 pm

Right, they were moved to a grandma in a neighboring county, state etc. Very common in that era. Most of the gals I graduated with marched sans maternity gown.

We're all still pretty close, at least by FB standards and it seems those that were very sexually active in HS did have multiple marriages/relationship problems.

I've had so many Prog-apologists tell me, No dude, you just don't get it! These kids are WAY passed that!

Whatever…

9. Granny55 on October 24th, 2011 9:16 pm

I was Class of '73 with over 2000 students in our school. There were a handful that got pregnant over the 3 years I was in high school. You know there were a few putting out that beat the odds on top of that but that is not the case anymore. Due to economics my hometown high school is now down to about 700 students at the high school. According to my nephew over half are sexually active and a couple years ago there were 6 girls pregnant at the junior high level and two at the sixth grade level.

The problem is parents allowing the wild uncontrolled behavior in the first place and then struttin their stuff when the young ones are born and bragging they are grandma's at 36. Poor, poor parenting does not make for a good life for out of wedlock births.

10. SignPainterGuy on October 24th, 2011 9:23 pm

Yes they were …. and gave up their babies for adoption.

"These kids are WAY passed that ?" You wouldn`t know it by looking at `em.

11. Marshall_Will on October 25th, 2011 12:20 am

Granny,

Or basically the Prog Dream. Just like in Europe! And here all this time prudish Ameicans were 'worried' over nothing..? See, what's the big deal, we've got Planned Abortion, I mean Parenthood so we've got it covered.

Not to mention their giving whole new meaning to teacher/student 'relations'. Usually goes on for years before it finally gets outted. Prog says supressing 'anything' is abnormal and unhealthy. If you FEEL like doing it, then just whatever.

12. Clever Job Creation – Condom Czars in the NYC Schools | Independent Sentinel on October 25th, 2011 2:50 am

[...] The previous Condom Czar was promoted to Washington and is now the National Director of Diaphragms & Dental Dams, so there is room for advancement!” Read here: A job for you [...]

13. Hyperfobea on October 25th, 2011 8:56 am

Just one of the many reasons why my kids went to parochial schools. How long will it be before the sheeples realize that public schools are just very large petri dishes? It's one thing for the social engineers to propagandize supposedly mature adults (of course, age has nothing to do with maturity). Quite another to do it to children.

14. Granny55 on October 25th, 2011 10:42 am

We had some friends back in our home town whose daughter had a sexual affair with her teacher/coach. She wound up pregnant and he took her downstate for an abortion. She was 16. It took 7 years before they finally got rid of him. But ya know – it's always – For The Children. As I continually keep myself educated in all things political, I am finding myself more and more disillusioned and disgusted with all things liberal and what it is doing to our families and way of life.

15. SignPainterGuy on October 25th, 2011 1:53 pm

DITTO to the thoroughly disgusted with ALL things liberal !

16. vikas on March 13th, 2016 4:09 pm

Top Colleges and best universities for higher education like M.Tech Top Universities for GATE