The “Occupy Wall Street” bunch in New York City is about to get a chill, but that’s okay, because if their supporter Al Gore is correct, global warming will save them very soon:

The city has stripped Occupy Wall Street protesters of their power.

Dozens of firefighters and police officers entered Zuccotti Park Friday morning to confiscate generators and gas canisters.

Fire trucks and police vans pulled up on the corner of Broadway and Liberty St. at about 8:30 a.m. and asked the encamped demonstrators to bring the items to them, saying they were a health and fire hazard.

“They made an announcement on a bullhorn saying: ‘We are here to take the generators, could you please bring them up to us on the corner of Broadway and Liberty St.,’” protester James Bennett said.

When no one from Occupy Wall Street surrendered the generators, more than 30 uniformed FDNY and NYPD officials entered the park to seize them, witnesses and officials said.

They don’t need generators, heaters and gasoline anyway… that’s all stuff that comes from “the man.” Come to think of it, so do coats.

Here’s the weather forecast map, by way of Ace of Spades:

How long will it be until some OWS numbnut (literally) gets frostbite and sues the City for the non-capitalist sum of several million dollars? Put me down for ten days.

Comments

20 Responses to “NYC Authorities Begin ‘Operation Freeze Out’ in Zuccotti Park”

1. steveegg on October 28th, 2011 5:44 pm

You're far too naive. They'll be at the courthouse first thing Monday morning.

2. Marshall_Will on October 28th, 2011 6:31 pm

These clowns have got to be the worst 'protestors' in the history of protesting. Oh hey, I hear they're coming out a/ all new Episodes of Beavis & Butthead so this was bound to fizzle out anyway.

We need to ask ourselves, how did it come to be there were so many sporadic and far flung generators ( and by extension gas cans ) spread out at the Zoo? Surely they've heard of a centrally located flammable storage locker..? Fire Codes? Fire extinguishers..?!

That wall o' pink from Doug's screenshot is God's way of saying you won't be joining Him in Eternity. Dig?

3. SignPainterGuy on October 29th, 2011 12:20 am

Yeah, 10 days is a little too conservative, I`ll give it til Wednesday !

4. SignPainterGuy on October 29th, 2011 12:25 am

I was just FBing to Zilla, she`s about 60 miles north of the city, said they could get a foot of snow overnight, already have several inches. Now that I think of it, steveegg might be just about right, first thing Monday morning they`ll be whining `cause the courthouse is closed until 8:45 ! Wait, does NYC shut down gooberment offices in a few inches of snow ? I`m used to schools closing here if they call for flurries !

5. Marshall_Will on October 29th, 2011 2:37 am

Same people that brought you… The Ever Evaporating Public Services Model!

As Mrs. M noted during "The Big Freakout" in NYC -last- winter when public employees ( First Desponders ) dragged newly purchased Ford Excursions sideways down the block without realizing THEY were being video taped from non-descript apartment balconies?

Which is how 'I' clear the drive! Plow mirrors asunder, 'articulate' blade [askew] check shop-generated girly e-mail, dispose of empties, drag 'citizens' $60k SUV sideways and catch Last Call just in time to scope court-appointed ( WELL appointed! ) snitch doin bidness w/ just-released "but he's an 'artist' dad? Oh… and fly into a rage that costs taxpaers $1,600? After all, LOTS of pregnant women have died waiting to deliver?

Yeah @-holes, we haven't forgotten.

6. Marshall_Will on October 29th, 2011 2:46 am

First Desponers in action:

Sorry about that radio antenna? Happens to males when they get "turned on".

7. SignPainterGuy on October 29th, 2011 2:53 am

Aah, such an aarhteest you is with the verbal type word picture paintin` ! Yeah, watching that vid, I thought my jaw would have been on the ground from two stories up ! BTW, did anyone do follow up on the plow driver`s employment after that ? What an utter cluster hmmm the unions have made of that place !

8. Sid Vishess on October 29th, 2011 3:25 am

Oh yes! Snark of the First Order. Good effort!

9. Marshall_Will on October 29th, 2011 3:56 am

"The snitches “didn’t want to be identified because they were afraid of retaliation,” Halloran said. “They were told [by supervisors] to take off routes [and] not do the plowing of some of the major arteries in a timely manner. They were told to make the mayor pay for the layoffs, the reductions in rank for the supervisors, shrinking the rolls of the rank-and-file.”

Because, you know, 'things' were… business as usual rounds' about that time? 10 mos. ago is like a dozen or so Marcos' lifetimes to Duh Wun. Let it snow… let it snow… let it…

10. zillaoftheresistance on October 29th, 2011 11:31 am

Last report said we're looking at a foot to 15 or so inches 60 miles north of the City, where we have #LooniesInTheBoonies, otherwise known as #OccupyPoughkeepsie: http://zillablog.marezilla.com/2011/10/theyre-hee
    I'm not sure if the local squatters have generators, but there is a polite and civil local occupy supporter in my comments thread that you could ask. It is so rare that someone who disagrees with my posts is able to express that disagreement without cursing at me or issuing death threats – I am simply delighted to have a person who is capable of doing so show up at my place!
    I'd really like to get to Poughkeepsie to see for myself, I might ask my Mother-In-Law to take me (and my little video camera) if they are still there next week; she is a Jehovah's Witness so she might have as much fun as I will, but for entirely different reasons!

11. Marshall_Will on October 29th, 2011 3:20 pm

"we're looking at a foot to 15 or so inches"

Could ya' be a little more specific?

I was thinkin' about ya' the other day kid. Hope all is well! In pondering the whole "fire hazard" thing Bloomie pulled off.., lame excuse. I've been around THOUSANDS of generators ( how we support, start and service military aircraft ) in all those years, I have NEVER seen a generator "spontaneously combust"!

Seen a few AIRCRAFT burn to the ground! ( But never a generator? ) And now… the Prog Agenda feeds upon itself… Implementing their own mindless auto-pilot reg's to create artificial barriers. Can you even IMAGINE being being in the Old West back when AC current was just invented and being Teh Wun to shut down the generator for 'fear' it might catch fire? While uh… people FREEZE to death!?

Wanna' see something get 'lit up'?

12. keyboard jockey on October 29th, 2011 3:48 pm

What about the fumes that a diesel generator emits? There are many reason not to let them run shit they don't know how to operate without killing themselves or causing brain damage, what do you think is going to happen in those enclosed tents with generators? Remember those filthy fossil fuels are bad for humans and the planet/

13. Marshall_Will on October 29th, 2011 4:05 pm

JFTR, my day just isn't RIGHT until I've had a good contact high from DIESEL exhaust. Yeah..! Hur' that diesel hummin'… All Down The Line! ( Bonus pts. for Detroit Diesel 318's! ) Couldn't have built the country without them! Modern Workhorse of the World!

I'm more concerned w/ the trivialities of uh… starvation, exposure, hypothermia and it um, powers the INTERNET enabling us to c-o-m-m-u-n-i-c-a-t-e w/ one another. I'll LIVE w/ the downsides!

You're right though, these modern tribal savages couldn't poor water out of a boot ( if the directions were on the heel! ) And I'm sure that's what authorities surmised? Let's see.., kids + POT + torchin' it up = …? Had we not made your acquaintances previously… welcome aboard!

14. keyboard jockey on October 29th, 2011 6:27 pm

It's not a good mix. Those kids apparently get all their direction from their wealth redistributin professors, and those academic folks are not known to have any ability to perform fundamental task in the real world or pass such common practical knowledge along to their students. O/T but is there anyway for us to gauge the percentage of the folks who posses common sense in this country?

There have been people down here in Texas that have survived hurricanes and had a generator they ran it from inside their house and ended up killing themselves.

CARBON MONOXIDE
    . More than 80 people die from generator-related carbon monoxide poisoning every year. … Explain that now you need their help to keep the family running smoothly.

After days without electricity to power the TV — when laptop batteries are long dead — people sometimes fire up generators simply to fuel their home entertainment systems, says Caroline Fife, professor of medicine at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. After Hurricane Ike hit Texas in 2008, more than half the patients treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at a Houston hospital had turned on the generator to power TV or video games, according to her 2009 report in Pediatrics.

15. SignPainterGuy on October 29th, 2011 7:31 pm

Put the generator outside when running, regardless of fuel type (or exhausted to the outside) – store fuel away from generator or any ignition source and tip-over / puncture hazard = COMMON SENSE !

13 race seasons using gasoline and diesel fueled generators with no incidents !

16. SignPainterGuy on October 29th, 2011 7:48 pm

One winter in the `90s during an unusually heavy snowstorm that knocked out power to 100s of thousands, a limb fell on power lines blowing the transformer in our front yard, knocking out the power to 5 houses for 5 days. I understood fine that 5 as opposed to 10s of thousands in our area put us low on the priority list. Mom wanted me to check on getting a portable generator. One that was small enough to use on my jobs and large enough to power our house was not practical, plus as I pointed out to her, we would RARELY ever need it. Progress Energy is excellent about keeping trees trimmed back and powerlines updated and replaced. Keeping it fueled and ready to go all the time without the fuel gumming up can be an issue as well !

In my Sister`s case however, it makes good sense. She uses nat. gas in the home, so she has an automatic generator outside her house hooked up to the line. It starts and runs for a few minutes once a month, does a diagnostic check and shuts off. I was visiting during a vicious t`storm the one and only time it was needed. Now that is a nice convenience. Power was off to the neighborhood for well over an hour, but only a minute to her house. Neat ! It`s loud though !

17. zillaoftheresistance on October 30th, 2011 1:19 pm

For all of my friends here who were concerned, The Resister Family made it through the night, but it is a mess out there! I have a new blog post about it which includes a little video I took this morning: http://zillablog.marezilla.com/2011/10/hudson-val
    If for no other reason, you should stop by to hear my lovely LawnGuyland accent. ;)

18. SignPainterGuy on October 30th, 2011 4:58 pm

Along with the winter wonderland, you be gots da blue sky hapnin !

19. Truesoldier on October 31st, 2011 1:03 pm

"How long will it be until some OWS numbnut (literally) gets frostbite and sues the City for the non-capitalist sum of several million dollars?"

Perhaps sooner than you think as I saw a report (prior to the weekend snow) that at least 2 OWS types ahd been treated for hypothermia.

20. hookups casual on September 29th, 2013 6:30 pm