As always, we’ll do what we usually do and assume they are incapable of understanding why this is funny:

Occupy Wall Street is looking to make its mark — on everything from tote bags to t-shirts.

The Occupy Wall Street movement applied for the trademark to its name on Oct. 24, filing for the use of the mark on its website, in periodicals and newsletters, and on clothing and bags.

But the movement isn’t the only entity hoping to lay claim to the name —Fer-Eng Investments, LLC, of Arizona also applied to trademark Occupy Wall Street on Oct. 24. Fer-Eng Investments wrote in its filing it is intending to use the name on bags, footwear, hats and various other clothing items.

According to attorney Samuel Cohen of the Law Offices of Wylie M. Stecklow, a firm that is part of the Occupy Wall Street legal working group, the movement’s trademark application process will likely take months.

It’s so much fun watching people unwittingly realize hey can’t fight “the man” without becoming “the man.”

Have you gotten your Occupy Wall Street soon-to-be licensed t-shirt featuring the official OWS logo yet? Here’s my proposed design:

In related OWS news, here’s the best “We are the 53%” sign I’ve seen yet:

(h/t Lachlan Markay)

Comments

20 Responses to “#OccupyHypocrisy: Anti-Capitalist OWSers Apply to Trademark the Brand, Make Money Off Licensing”

1. Truesoldier on October 31st, 2011 6:44 pm

I love that sign.

2. rbreslin on October 31st, 2011 6:49 pm

Me too!

3. SignPainterGuy on October 31st, 2011 7:35 pm

The girl sums up the hypocrites very well while Doug`s logo suggestion is spot on.

Our society would be looking up to the 3rd world with the removal of those products and the protection by the police !

4. Pasadena Phil on October 31st, 2011 8:35 pm

When is the IPO?

5. Patti on October 31st, 2011 8:40 pm

Very funny, Doug!

It's not like we didn't already know this, but here's a good list of who is behind OWS. . . . http://pjmedia.com/zombie/2011/10/31/the-99-offic….

Zombie will be updating the list over the next days or weeks, as they roll in.;)

6. Granny55 on October 31st, 2011 9:32 pm

Great poster, great suggestion for a t-shirt by Doug and an eye opener of a list of supporters. And isn't it funny that the LSM does not report one word of who is behind these weirdos?

BTW – Happy Halloween to all the normal people here! I so enjoy seeing the little ones at this time of year and we get a lot of them.

7. SignPainterGuy on October 31st, 2011 9:51 pm

Happy Halloween from me too ! The little Haints start here about 5:30, well before dark and swarm thru till 9:ish. The cops are rolling thru hittin` their buzzer thing to make people move their cars blocking the streets. I feel so safe !

8. SignPainterGuy on October 31st, 2011 9:54 pm

I`ve seen pics of signs and banners of Socialist Workers of the World and Socialist Families of the World.

9. Granny55 on October 31st, 2011 10:34 pm

Didn't have as many goblins this year but most of them were the little tykes and were they cute! But they make me so lonesome for my two grandsons. But my daughter will be home from Afghanistan in two weeks and then I fly out to Fort Worth to visit and spoil grandson #2 during Thanksgiving week. Can't wait!

10. Granny55 on October 31st, 2011 10:37 pm

That outta be a rip roarin IPO! Suppose all those spoiled little rich kids are gonna borrow some money from daddy to invest in a sure fire disaster? Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

11. SignPainterGuy on October 31st, 2011 11:14 pm

Good for all concerned. Have a great visit !

12. Doug on October 31st, 2011 11:47 pm

Happy Halloween all!

Only one of my three kids is still trick-or-treating age…. God I feel old… plus the candy take I have access to has been cut by 66%.

13. SignPainterGuy on November 1st, 2011 12:17 am

What`er ya sayin` Doug, your youngest is wise to your candy-pilfering ways and hid / ate two thirds of his take before coming into the house ? Or do you feel too old / dietarily limited to eat two thirds of said youngin`s take ? I know you make fun of Oblamer`s blaming everyone else for all that isn`t right in the world, surely you`re NOT gonna blame Bush for the sad state of your candy eating potential ?!

14. Doug on November 1st, 2011 12:56 am

Well, nobody that I know of here handed out dried fruit, so I can't blame FLOTUS.

It's pretty traumatic to have 2/3 less candy haul this year. That hasn't stopped the ones that didn't go out tonight from trying to get some of the younger one's candy, but he's refusing. By morning they'll be calling him "the upper 1%."

15. SignPainterGuy on November 1st, 2011 1:14 am

Dadburn greedy candy hoarder you raised there ! "Upper 1%" indeed !

Haa ha ha !!

16. backwoods on November 1st, 2011 4:37 am

I got called in to work this evening, so all the candy I had on hand for the little goblins is still around. I guess you could say I got paid to hog all the candy.

17. ReaganiteGOPer on November 1st, 2011 8:44 am

Thanks for the charming gift ideas this holiday season lol

18. Hyperfobea on November 1st, 2011 9:36 am

Treason needs to be a capital offense punishble by public hanging. Seems the cowardly commie leeches prefer hiding in the proverbial grey area between peaceful protesting and anarchy. As for Obama and his despicable support of this ideology, the Constitution created the office of president, but the office was not established to allow the officeholder the means to destroy it.

19. jf2011 on November 1st, 2011 6:06 pm

There were communist Chinese flags carried at the Occupy Indianapolis "event." No surprise that the Communist party AND the Nazi party are for this. Love those progressives!

20. what is yacon syrup? on February 9th, 2014 4:17 am

I got named in work tonite, and so all the sugary snacks I did available for the minor goblins remains to be.