Sure, let’s let these people run the world.

When I first read that OWS was building a safe house for women, my first thought was that they’ve finally gotten Mike Tyson on board with the movement, but instead it seems there are some predators in the OWS midst who not only think people should be forced to share their wealth, but everything else too:

Spurred by a spate of sex attacks in Zuccotti Park, Occupy Wall Street protesters built a “safe house” for women on Friday.

The 16-square-foot military frame tent is designed to shelter up to 30 women from the predators lurking around the lower Manhattan encampment.

“It will be used to protect ourselves from people out there,” said Nan Terrie, 17, a protester from East Oakland Park, Fla.

“Protect us from the people out there”? Um, you’re the “people out there.” Go home and your problem is solved.

The bulb in her head is probably too dim to allow her to see that she’s living amid the same culture she’s trying to bring to the rest of the country, all while serving as a good example of why it’s a really bad idea by seeking protection from that very culture. #OccupyParadox

Not to cause OWS organizers any busted kneecaps, but I have to ask: Was the “safe house” constructed by union labor?

For some reason, whenever we talk about Occupy Wall Street, I feel an urge to post this clip… so I’m finally getting around to it:

Comments

16 Responses to “‘Life in Nirvana’ Update: OWS Constructs ‘Safe House’ for Women”

1. Joe Redfield on November 5th, 2011 2:30 pm

There's one striking difference between the Occupiers and the peasants in the 'Holy Grail' clip – the peasants are working.

2. Dandapani on November 5th, 2011 3:19 pm

Amen

3. SignPainterGuy on November 5th, 2011 3:53 pm

Hmmmmmm, me thinks someone reporting this "safe building" missed class the day they taught about figuring "area", or "square footage". 16 square feet is only a square measuring 4 feet on each side, or 4' x 4'. Imagine just how safe 30 women are gonna feel in a box only 4 feet square. I think the reporter surely must have meant 16 feet square. Still, 30 women in an area only 16' square is gonna cause some closeness issues that might not be safe for everyone concerned.

4. Pasadena Phil on November 5th, 2011 4:04 pm

A couple of people should stop at the tent opening when it gets quiet and start talking about a pinworms outbreak.

5. SignPainterGuy on November 5th, 2011 4:49 pm

Oooh, they`d scatter as quickly as if they`d just seen a mouse on the kitchen floor ! That`s too funny !

6. SignPainterGuy on November 5th, 2011 5:28 pm

"Annoying Peasants" indeed ! I can`t help but think of ILMC at MM`s yesterday. It called us Christians / conservatives "annoying" …… I`ve decided it is a vampire, unable to see itself in a mirror !

7. clu seatoe on November 5th, 2011 7:25 pm

Your admitting you people are still stuck on gender differentiation?

I don’t want to hear any complaints from that tent about my tranny ‘cuz who’s on his/her way.

8. Doug on November 5th, 2011 7:33 pm

Amazing isn't it… these guys who hate "the man" and all it represents (capitalism and sexism just for starters) finally get their own community and the first things they do is try to trademark the name so they can capitalize on the logo and then segregate the women.

9. Kim on November 5th, 2011 8:35 pm

BINGO!

10. SignPainterGuy on November 5th, 2011 8:48 pm

Dems have always falsely accused us of doing precisely what they do as a matter of course. Here, they set out on a mission of do-goodiness and trip over themselves demonstrating their own hypocrisy !

The quickest way to piss them off is to show them their own hypocrisy ! Someone must have exposed them `cause they sure do look and act pissed off !

11. clu seatoe on November 5th, 2011 11:47 pm

I don’t know of any nation in the world today or in the past that didn’t have some sort of banking system (with excessive usury rates) or some capitalistic endeavors such as fruit stands, flowers, nuts, or even clothing. I'm not sure what these people are after governmentaly speaking. Thanks to capitalism they have tents.

In fact, I can remember way back before we built the Pyramids in Egypt, I used to buy my skins from Niri’s dad just so…well, that’s a story for another day. Believe me, her dad definitely had to keep her segregated. The point is I sure don’t want to have to catch, skin and sew my own clothes again. Capitalism is O.K. with me and I’m ‘gonna wait ‘till tomorrow when the Men’s Wearhouse reopens.

12. John Thomas on November 6th, 2011 12:49 am

The women of the "Occupy" movement are already tired of getting raped? But they just started! They need to understand that this is their new society and get used to it.

13. SignPainterGuy on November 6th, 2011 1:11 am

It`s apparent to me that at least some of the women didn`t realize what they were asking for because they sure aren`t liking what they got !

14. clu seatoe on November 6th, 2011 2:45 am

They didn’t care for it much back in the Godwana days either and that’s why they started attaching themselves to the biggest, hairiest brute they could find with the bulging-est biceps and a six pack to stop a saber tooth’s tooth. And it was especially great if he could stop picking and scratching himself long enough to bring down a critter that would supply a decent meal.

And like the “pink-hats” of today the hangers on just had to huddle together on edge of the camp.

15. Hyperfobea on November 7th, 2011 5:11 pm

BAHAHAHAHA!!!

Great clip, Doug! As I was slowly scrolling through the text, that was the exact part of the Holy Grail that came to mind. Now how about castle Anthrax for all those ladies in the "safe house"?

16. Hyperfobea on November 7th, 2011 5:13 pm

Unless they are women who like being with women. In that case, I don't think the solution solved anything.