This past Friday I posted this on Twitter:

As Maxwell Smart used to say, “missed it by that much.”

RadarOnline:

A new woman alleging sexual harassment by presidential hopeful Herman Cain will break her silence at a news conference with her powerhouse attorney Gloria Allred Monday afternoon in New York City, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

I was off by two days. Damn!

The good news for Cain is that often the mere involvement of Gloria Allred exonerates the accused in the eyes of the public.

Update: The Gloria Allred press conference will start at 1:30p est (video here) — still no word on whether or not Gloria will bring her favorite bat for a demonstration:

Flashback: Sexual harrassment claims and settlements don’t necessarily ruin political careers.

Update II: Here’s video from the press conference featuring Gloria Allred and the accusor Sharon Bialek. Allred was as classy as ever, saying Cain “offered Sharon his version of a stimulus package.”

Update III: Watch how fast Allred tells her client to zip it after she starts laughing with a reporter about having just had her hair done:

Comments

36 Responses to “When Life Imitates Tweet; Updated

1. Marshall_Will on November 7th, 2011 1:10 pm

I was off by two days. Damn!

"You have under estimated me and the element of surpriiiiise..!?"

Sorry about the bet, know what you mean. The more desperate the eCONomy becomes under Bush, the more longshot bets I've been taking? Screw sports & politics, I can't pick which CROW will leave the power line first.

$35 worth of raffle tickets to the squadron party yielded only a hangover. Digital picture frame? Nah… 42" bigscreen ( you're kidding right! ) Couldn't even land a gag gift. Next year I'm palming my OWN card and will act all 'surprised' when I draw it. Why not? ( It's what Obwama does..! )

2. clu seatoe on November 7th, 2011 2:01 pm

The Capitalistic ambulance-chaser of “unwanted” sexual advances.

If it took the Medusa a while to land a whale it wasn’t for lack of trying. I’m sure she had her tentacles of Capitalism out there and the Kraken was sniffing out the waters as the shark smells blood.

The accuser’s burden of proof on a case by case basis:
    First, prove to me that anything ever really happened or was said and second, prove to me that it was actually “unwanted”.

3. Marshall_Will on November 7th, 2011 3:25 pm

Clu,

I would think her list of 'clients' alone would be the K.O.D all by itself? She hasn't negotiated a successful settlement in years. The whole SH thing is a dying industry.

Heyday was the 90's. Our ex-stripper 'receptionist' turned on our married branch mgr. in '03 and got zilch. It would be -freezing- in a Portland winter and her all-clevage all-the-time 'tops' were more scarves than anything? Skintight low-rider/BC-action slacks. Trust me, the only thing 'professional' about her was the ability to pick up $20's w/ her butt cheeks.

Now they look at the long term "track record". In this case, they were both simply FIRED. Unless you're lunging at women from a Crouching Tiger, Hidden Perv stance in the parking garage, No, a singular incident doesn't rise to the level of a bona-fide suit. Thank God.

I'm afraid Gloria's got herself just another nuthin' burger here.

4. SignPainterGuy on November 7th, 2011 4:18 pm

The smell of burnt toast and desperation are floating heavily in the air ! It`s causing an odd laughter reflex !

5. Pasadena Phil on November 7th, 2011 5:18 pm

Where you find Gloria Allred, can Howard Stern be far behind? When will the scene-stealing squirrel finally jump into this? Any bets?

http://www.google.com/search?q=scene-stealing squ…

6. Zach on November 7th, 2011 6:10 pm

Maybe if we passed Pres. Obama's jobs bill, incidents of sexual harassment would decrease…

7. Truesoldier on November 7th, 2011 6:18 pm

Here is something interesting about the accuser and the alleged SH. She claims that it happened when she had asked Cain to help her get her job back, a job she was fired from.

8. Truesoldier on November 7th, 2011 6:19 pm

Nah, Obama would just claim he saved Allred's job.

9. clu seatoe on November 7th, 2011 7:52 pm

…and Gee, what a shocker, she was dug up in Chicago. No, not on the one on the Potomac, the other one.

10. joyannaadams on November 7th, 2011 7:59 pm

Mmmm….I remember Paula Jones, and how about that other women that asked "Bill Clinton" for a job? Kathleen Wiley?

Powerful men…will take advantage sometimes of a pretty and sexy woman asking them for a job. This woman sounded shocked that he "assumed" she wanted to do more..

Whether he did it or not…I bet she's getting something..if nothing else her 15 minutes of fame.

11. SignPainterGuy on November 7th, 2011 8:31 pm

With Gloria "Sexual Bat"-ery Allred involved, I`d find it hard to believe no promise or even actual exchange of money occurred !

12. Pasadena Phil on November 7th, 2011 8:41 pm

Michael Steele was interviewed this morning on CNBC and what a shock, presented nothing but standard RINO "analysis" that offers Cain no possible defense. The game plan among the Rovian progs seems to be to keep this story going as long as possible with "Let's wait and see until all of the facts come out". It's a corollary of the rule: "damning with faint praise".

Rove hatchet man Paul Frum has been doing exactly the same thing in daily radio interviews. I wish Hannity would come out as ask Rove point blank if the rumors that he is behind this are true. Then when the evidence comes out later, he can be exposed for a liar.

13. Marshall_Will on November 7th, 2011 9:27 pm

Michael WHO?

Is 'he' still around..? Oh you mean the guy that footed the bill so others could hang out out at STRIP clubs..! L@sbian-BONDAGE strip clubs no less. Yeah, yeah, 'I' have faint praise for him too.

But you know what, you know who is really miffed by all this? The gals that go to work every day, put up w/ as much cr@p as the rest of us and would never cross their mind to exploit the system! Mrs. Will for instance.

SHE'S seen it. PLENTY of times. And never, NEVER rule out, Behind every accuser, there's a greedy HUSBAND! Seen my share of 'grieving' husbands comforting wifey in the lobby ( for all to see! )

My guess is in many instances, it was the husband that put the gals UP to this!

14. SignPainterGuy on November 7th, 2011 9:50 pm

Hmm, Michael Steele is offering less support than Juan Williams. This I find interesting.

Juan`s support is for race over politics and perhaps who he sees as a truly good man, while Steele won`t offer more than superficial support for anyone who isn`t an establishment (Rovian) Republican. Interesting. Surely he was asked his opinion only because he`s a black Republican !

15. Pasadena Phil on November 7th, 2011 10:55 pm

Steele hasn't changed. He is a lot like Gingrich in that he tries to ingratiate himself with whatever audience he is addressing. All of the recycled old RINOs seem to be making the rounds lately trying to take down Cain.

On your second point, I've seen at least two women who signed on to participate in SH charges when they had no case at all. I wasn't surprised by one but was very disappointed in the other who had an ax to grind with the manager (who I didn't like either) and just saw an opportunity to profit by piling on. There is no honor in being honorable anymore.

16. Pasadena Phil on November 7th, 2011 10:58 pm

CNBC never interviews a conservative. Today, it was Steele and Jon Huntsman.

17. Pasadena Phil on November 7th, 2011 10:59 pm

BTW, how did you ever earn a 100 Intense Debate rating? Even Doug only has a 60 rating on his own blog!

18. SignPainterGuy on November 7th, 2011 11:07 pm

Jabber fingers ! ;-) I rarely miss a thread !

It`s some mystical combo of count and quality; who does the rating, I don`t really know !

Here`s what I find fascinating about it. I started commenting some time in `09, and it was a while before I signed up w/ ID to be rated. He who will not be named was at 71 at that point and is now only at 78, I think.

Dandapani is the one to watch. He has gone from -116 to +119 (I think) and is now at +100.

I do know this; the higher your rating, the more comments required to add another point.

19. SignPainterGuy on November 7th, 2011 11:23 pm

Says a lot about who CNBC-BS thinks is conservative. Joe Scarborough is conservative by their standards ! (shrugs shoulders)

20. Pasadena Phil on November 7th, 2011 11:31 pm

So who judges the comments? Our "peers"? I started in the low 30s when Marshall Will dragged me over here a month or so ago. If the Malkin nose holders follow me here, I'll be negative in a jiff.

21. SignPainterGuy on November 7th, 2011 11:42 pm

No, as far as I can tell, commenters themselves have no way to rate others. I`ve moved the curser all around; if a rating thingy were there, it would show itself. It has to be the mystical mystics in the background performing their mysticism and keeping us mystified. It`s a mysterious mystery to me ! ;-)

22. SignPainterGuy on November 7th, 2011 11:46 pm

Oh, just an observance; you comments here, even on the same subjects as at MM`s, seem to have a bit less sharpness of edge. It must be Doug`s and our more mellow nature !? ;-) er sumpem !

23. Doug on November 8th, 2011 12:12 am

Yeah, something's terribly wrong there!

24. Pasadena Phil on November 8th, 2011 12:17 am

My "edge" comes out once I am subjected that swarm of idiots who seem on a life's mission to attack me and only me with their ad hominems and slander rather than engage in honest debate.

I relish in annoying those idiots. I love posting a few comments early in the morning and returning many hours later satisfied to see that I triggered yet another swarm, and that they wasted an entire Saturday or Sunday while I was out enjoying the day. My goal is to make their heads blow up.

I know that because I've been commenting and blogging since at least 2005 and have made lots of friends who have stayed in touch with me. Most don't comment but some do. I've even received encouraging (and often entertaining) e-mails from many of the big bloggers and reporters over the years which I guard with my life.

I am still surprised when I meet someone who is familiar with "Pasadena Phil" and knows my catch phrases. Most of them expect my sense of humor so I know I'm getting through to those I want to reach. The "anger" and "edge" is in the eye of the beholder, those brain dead Republicans who cling to the "R" like it's a security blanket.

25. Pasadena Phil on November 8th, 2011 12:18 am

Oops, I didn't realize that you've been padding your score since you last posted!

26. Marshall_Will on November 8th, 2011 12:47 am

Oh! So now I'm 'dragging' people as it were!?

Yeah same here. Or impressing themselves w/ their own clever/quaint/obscure literary ref's when a simple anecdote would do? Not under the impression Michelle digs it either and.., well we all know what DOUG thinks of posers!

Speaking of which, how hysterical was it to find Kentroyals5 has a hook-up page on "OkCupid"? Dude, you're what, 25? What would an intelligent "I look even younger than I actually am w/ little facial hair to speak of" need with a Lonely Hearts website?

THIS is what's been 'lecturing' all those 'Conservatives' all this time? Once told me I was "a bad arguer". Funny, his profile didn't 'show' a hole in his head? But there we are.., having the conversation being sculpted by a 25 y.o Libtard. Whatever.

27. Marshall_Will on November 8th, 2011 12:51 am

Not sure what my 'Rating' is. Probably doesn't even light up the radar gun? Blogging helps me keep what sanity I've left after saying "This is Marshall_Will with ____ Secutities!" ( for the 179th time that day )

Careful what you say about my mother! Oh hey, how's the shooting going? Keep us posted.

MW

28. Marshall_Will on November 8th, 2011 1:03 am

Update III !

Giddy for all the attention. Shocker. Note to Sharon B:

Please stop giving all the hard-working Beau Honks in Chicago a bad name.

Thanks,

MW

29. OK_Loyalist on November 8th, 2011 1:06 am

A legend in your own mind.

30. SignPainterGuy on November 8th, 2011 1:31 am

I have wondered why you never signed up w/ Intense Debate, but figured "being rated" isn`t important, and tracking your comments isn`t either !

Don`t worry, I don`t think any less of you ! ;-)

31. Marshall_Will on November 8th, 2011 1:45 am

Oh, you have to Sign In! My bad.

32. SignPainterGuy on November 8th, 2011 1:56 am

Actually, it`s "sign up". A registration sorta thing.

33. backwoodsconsr on November 8th, 2011 11:55 am

I've tried to sign up, but it keeps telling me that the username "backwoods" is already in use. I thought it was just picking it up from my using it in guest mode, but it finally occurred to me that somebody else may actually have it. I modified it a bit and will be posting here as "backwoodsconsr" from here on out.

34. SignPainterGuy on November 8th, 2011 4:49 pm

It`s frustrating to learn you can`t use your own name or even code name. In my case, it was my phone greeting.

Sometime in the `80s, I got tired of reciting the full Co. name and shortened it to, "Hello, sign shop !" In the early 2000s, I got a call from an irate competitor who claimed I`d stolen his greeting. I asked him how long he`d been using it. "7 or 8 years, and I want you to change !" I told him I had at least 10 years on him, my Dad at least 35 years before that and he could feel free to change if he liked, but I`m gonna stick to what works for me ! Sorry !

I`m surprised your full code name is too long.

35. backwoodsconsr on November 8th, 2011 4:55 pm

14 characters is the limit, and no spaces allowed. I'm also curious as to how the ratings are done. I noticed I had climbed to +4 after only 3 posts.

36. SignPainterGuy on November 8th, 2011 5:24 pm

I often thought Doug might have some ratings input, he`s never said.
    I noticed that in the beginning, my rating went up almost by the post, then every other and every 5th, so to speak. The higher the rating, the slower the climb.

Somewhere around 25, your color will change to yellow. Jabber on ! ;-)