Not long ago, Herman Cain held a press conference to try and clarify some detail on the sexual harassment claims against him. There were no real surprises — he expressly denied ever having done anything wrong or inappropriate, and said he doesn’t remember Sharon Bialek either by sight or by name. He also said he’d agree to take a lie detector test… if it came to that.

Video by way of The Right Scoop:

The Cain accusation du jour is here.

An MSNBC contributor leaned forward a ridiculous distance to say Cain should have to register as a sex offender.

Meanwhile, RINO-of-the-Yukon Lisa Murkowski praised Cain’s accuser

Comments

21 Responses to “Herman Cain’s Press Conference”

1. SignPainterGuy on November 8th, 2011 10:19 pm

Why now, but not back in `02 or whenever Cain ran for GA senator against Zel Miller (didn`t make it thru the primary) ? This gives me pause, but nothing has shown me that Herman is guilty.

There`s just too much of this that stinks of convenience and fame and money for hire !

Let`s have all the accusers and Cain strapped up to a lie detector, since a news-spinner brought it up. I`ve done it myself; didn`t hurt a bit !

2. backwoodsconsr on November 8th, 2011 11:08 pm

I predict this will be another case of a new word being added to our lexicon. For years the Democrats have been trying to Bork our judicial nominees, and now they're Caining our presidential candidates.

3. Pasadena Phil on November 8th, 2011 11:34 pm

Here's a great link arguing, like me, that the GOP establishment, is the brain trust behind Cain's current "scandals". How can this not be Karl Rove? Do I have to bring up Murky Murkowski again?

4. Doug on November 9th, 2011 12:03 am

You'd think if the Dems were behind this that they'd keep any potential "scandal" in cold storage until they might need it next October — unless they want Romneycare to be the GOP nominee and as such are motivated to wipe out his Republican competition.

5. Marshall_Will on November 9th, 2011 12:34 am

Even Tamara Holder ( no relation ) on Sean said, these weren't assualt charges etc. So if Dims want to press an inappropriate sexual advance, fine. But a reg. 'offender'?

6. SignPainterGuy on November 9th, 2011 12:50 am

"Sex-Offender" is in many ways the ultimate in indelible stains. Life destroyed with little expenditure on the part of the accuser ! Someone HATES Herman Cain !

7. SignPainterGuy on November 9th, 2011 12:59 am

I`m going with the latter. The dems want RomneyScare; if he beats Oblamer, they believe he is little threat to their agenda and can be worked with.

The real "why" of not waiting till late Oct.`12 adds to the mysterious mystery.

8. Pasadena Phil on November 9th, 2011 1:27 am
  9. SignPainterGuy on November 9th, 2011 2:20 am

Saw that on my homepage from Charter. Crint Eeswood is hero for aw time !! (Subway scene, Japanese tourist, paraphrased, Crocodile Dundee II)

10. Marshall_Will on November 9th, 2011 2:47 am

"When Eastwood was in Massachusetts in 2002, filming “Mystic River,” Romney was running for governor there. “I saw a lot of him and you have to admit — he looks like a president,” … “I mean, if you were casting a movie where you needed someone to play president, you’d definitely pick him.”

Sums it up for me. Herman will weather this. He looks angry and annoyed. And not in a Bammie How DARE you question my questionable background kind of way?

11. Hyperfobea on November 9th, 2011 9:24 am

I would think that the media and their pinko cohorts in Congress would have learned something from the outcome of the Clarence Thomas brouhaha that they cooked up. Thomas is still on the Supreme Court. If they keep it up, Herman Cain is sure to be the very first black American president.

12. backwoodsconsr on November 9th, 2011 9:43 am

First black American president? How dare you insult Bill Clinton that way!

13. backwoodsconsr on November 9th, 2011 9:56 am

I think they're afraid that Cain may develop enough momentum to become unstoppable, so they're trying to take him out while they still can. I also believe the Dems see the "most electable" Romney as the most beatable. It worked for them with McCain.

14. Doug on November 9th, 2011 11:29 am

Does Cain referring to himself in the third person give off too much of a Bob Dole vibe? That's the first thing I thought of.

15. Marshall_Will on November 9th, 2011 12:28 pm

'Afraid'? ( They're squad car'ing themselves! )

It should irk all of us they think Mitt is so 'beatable'. Go to any left-leaning blog and all they'll ever say is… "PLEASE run so-and-so!" Bring up any name, Fed, State or local level and rest assured, they're betting on a horse race after it's over.

Keep dreaming Dims.

16. Marshall_Will on November 9th, 2011 12:35 pm

On the fence on this one? Depends on the individual and how it's couched. One needn't be a legend in their own mind to make that reference.

I'm drawing the line at a peer group of 3. If you're among the Top 3 anything in the world, I'm good w/ it. Les Paul, Jimmy Page, Dick Dale. Yes.

John Rocker, David Lee Roth, Teh Wun, no. Beats having legions of sycophants extolling your virtues? Under Penalty of Expulsion!

17. Hyperfobea on November 9th, 2011 1:57 pm

Ditto that, Doug. I'm leery of people who refer to themselves in the third person. At this point, however, I will take Hermy over Romney.

18. Pasadena Phil on November 9th, 2011 2:04 pm

I don't like that as a personal trait in people but I doubt Cain has the biggest ego amongst the candidates.

The problem is mostly that the entire GOP establishment, including the so-called "conservative" blogosphere, has abandoned Cain to twist in the wind and fend for himself. Most of the things he is saying in his defense would be said by "the GOP machine" were he the party-approved liberal Democrat they are determined to foist on us.

19. SignPainterGuy on November 9th, 2011 5:32 pm

Point taken, but do keep in mind; the dem playbook has only so many plays and deviance is expressly forbidden !

Nothing new to see here, folks ! Move along ! ;-)

20. SignPainterGuy on November 9th, 2011 5:33 pm

So, you`re sayin`, "We`re going for 'Third Time`s the Charm !' " ?

21. SignPainterGuy on November 10th, 2011 2:12 am

It looks increasingly likely that Axlegrease is the sleazebag behind these SH charges. He has quite a record for exactly that and related trumped up charges against Obama opponents. I think you`re right, get Cain out now while there`s still time to work on Romney.

Cain also represents the destruction of the left`s only weapon against the right; that we are RAAAAAAACISTS !