Downside for Perry: It was very awkward and “not ready for prime time” as they say.

Upside for Perry: He’s the candidate everybody’s talking about this morning and is getting extra air time as a result. He also continues to share another upside with the rest of the GOP candidates: He’s still not Barack Obama.

Video by way of Michelle M:

Dude, next time you feel that coming on, point and yell “squirrel!” It reminded me of the response I gave once when asked to name The Three Tenors: “Domingo, Pavarotti, and, uh… uh… the other guy…”

Team Perry is fundraising off the temporary memory loss. Lucky for them nobody forgot the address where you mail donation checks.

Did this officially kill the Perry campaign? I don’t think he’s headed for the nomination anyway, so my answer is “no.”

Separate question concerning Herman Cain being asked about the harassment allegations against him: Did any moderator at a Dem debate during the 1992 campaign ever have the guts to ask Bill Clinton about the “bimbo eruptions” at the time?

Update: Perry losing his train of thought… more awkward or not as bad as Admiral James Stockdale in 1992?

And just for kicks let’s throw George W. Bush into the competition — it’s edited but still funny:

Comments

14 Responses to “Obligatory ‘Perry Forgets Third Agency He’d Cut’ Post”

1. Marshall_Will on November 10th, 2011 1:10 pm

Whether or not Perry is your first blush to TROUNCE O'Drama, we should all be insulted. Deeply.

Unlike the BALANCE of us slugging it out in the trenches of the ObamaBataan Death March eCONomy.., Rick's had it fairly easy? While we were scrounging old data bases, gleaning for (1) 'potential' client and networking/cold-calling our little @sses off, Rick was entertaining Merck exec's on a golf course somewhere.

No, they were NOT having a Keystone Light. Exactly what kinda' freaking 'pressure' was this guy under that he's so mentally brow-beaten he can't remember an Agency w/ a multi-billion dollar budget? Here's to wishing Tejas voters show him what life in the private sector is REALLY like!

2. backwoodsconsr on November 10th, 2011 1:12 pm

There are two things you lose the use of as you get older. One is your memory and…I forget what the other one is.

3. The Zoo Keeper on November 10th, 2011 1:26 pm

For love of country, PLEEEEASE, just pick one, any one!! You can't go wrong, just pick any agency! Dept. of Floor Sweepers, something!

I hear Leno called his writing staff and gave them the rest of the week off.

4. Pasadena Phil on November 10th, 2011 1:34 pm

Perry sounds like that football coach exhorting his team to rise to the challenge in a beer commercial:

"Are going to just roll over and let these guys something something something? Someday you will think back to this moment and how you something something something! Now go out there and something something something!"

5. The Zoo Keeper on November 10th, 2011 1:41 pm

In a show of bipartisanship, V.P. Joe Biden is being called in to help Perry find that THIRD elusive agency. http://bit.ly/1HzYZ0

6. backwoodsconsr on November 10th, 2011 1:47 pm

They went off in search of it and were never seen or heard from again.

7. Marshall_Will on November 10th, 2011 2:23 pm

Right, can I buy a vowel? People tend to trust others w/ similar mental processesing. It's why we follow Doug and many of us, Michelle. They seem to know what I'm thinking before "I" know what I'm thinking..!

The same is true at work. We gravitate toward people that are on the same wave length, humor and sense of what is fair play. Well, what are we to think of those that constantly stutter, stammer and are at loss for words?

We find ourselves thinking ( Dude, I'd love to 'follow', but you gotta' LEAD! ) There's LOTS of Perrykrishnas and apologists over at MM's right now. Join me in wishing them the best of luck…

8. SignPainterGuy on November 10th, 2011 3:14 pm

One of my faves !

9. SignPainterGuy on November 10th, 2011 3:17 pm

Please, send search teams in the "other" direction.

10. SignPainterGuy on November 10th, 2011 5:10 pm

Clarification:
    If there`s a chance Sheriff Joe can get lost, let`s not try to rescue him.

If the DOE can be lost, I`m cool wi dat !

Perry strikes me as someone who can lose Biden, the DOE AND find his own way home !

11. backwoodsconsr on November 10th, 2011 5:24 pm

We can make the search effort less efficient by putting the government in charge of it.

Unfortunately, Biden is just too easy to find. Whichever direction the most wind is coming from is the direction he's in.

12. SignPainterGuy on November 10th, 2011 5:28 pm

Ha ha ! Probably true.

Last night, I commented that Romney`s wet finger must be icing over from holding it up to the wind for directional advice ! He`d gone from, "I`ll give O`Scare waivers to every state" to "I`ll repeal it, I`ll get it done" !
    Does he shovel that with a reg. square point shovel or a coal scoop ?!

13. Jimbo on November 10th, 2011 5:54 pm

We should just spin Perry around blindfolded in front of a list of departments he'd like to cut. Twenty times. Cut it all. Fine with me.

14. The Zoo Keeper on November 10th, 2011 6:10 pm