If a Republican “entertainer” or talking head had made this reference seconds after talking about a black candidate, not only would it have been front page news in the MSM, but George Stephanopoulos probably would have spent the next half hour apologizing on behalf of the network and said the offender would be banned from ABC for life.

But those rules don’t apply to non-Republicans:

BILL MAHER: You have got to feel bad for Mitt Romney. I mean, he’s been led, so far, by Trump, then Bachmann. Then Perry. Then Cain.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But, he kinda hangs in there. He’s everyone’s second choice.

MAHER: I’m rooting for him. You know? Because, look, in a country with only two parties, the Republican can always win. I mean, at least he eats with a knife and fork. I mean, he [Romney] is all that stands between us and the rise of the apes.

Remember though, like Maher always says, it’s the Tea Partiers who are the racists.

Maher should do an interview with David Gregory — I bet that would be laced with barely subliminal messages.

Comments

12 Responses to “Time to Play ‘Imagine if a Republican Said That’”

1. SignPainterGuy on November 15th, 2011 2:42 pm

Aww man, it`s these derelicts of morals and conscience who spend so much time over the line of decency and out of bounds who get all this free air time that keep me on the verge of gommiting ! If it weren`t for you Doug and a few others who share my disgust exposing these vermin, I know I`d never know anyone could be so rude, crude and socially unacceptable ! Maher never does anything worthy of respect !

2. Marshall_Will on November 15th, 2011 2:58 pm

More Soros' Step Up Your Game marching orders. It's encouraging as it shows just how frantic a corner they've painted themsleves into. Not long ago Doug responded to an equally demeaning and very personal attack.

The complicit LSM is now reduced to the same tightrope adult 'entertainment' has been on for years. They can't show violence/children/animals in the same frame. So the next best thing is for them to place it directly adjacent.

I -am- predicting BM will be pulled of the air and put out to pasture in 2012. Grafting him as "guest blogger" at HuffPo isn't working and his show went stale over a decade ago. Good riddance.

3. SignPainterGuy on November 15th, 2011 3:07 pm

"….a decade ago." ? I personally never saw any humor or useful intelligence from the guy … or many of the hollyweird bunch. He`s been as interesting and attractive as his hair !

4. clu seatoe on November 15th, 2011 3:12 pm

Maher may be right. If by apes one is alluding to the Dems and/or Libs and their words and deeds. Witness OWS.

The current one occupying the WH sure huffed and puffed and flailed around beating his mondo-pecs like an ape drunk with power his first two years and with all his enablers constantly cowering at his side. Who knows where this country and our Constitution would be right now if the Conservatives weren’t able to cage him in 2010.

But, even so, I would still be reticent to give Romney, the conservative-poser with the used car salesmen smile, my vote without the possibility of an immediate do-over.

5. Marshall_Will on November 15th, 2011 3:51 pm

BM is somewhere in age between you and I, born in '56 I believe. He's totally incapable of switching on the fly like Doug or Michelle and younger viewers can now sense everything he does is scripted, rehearsed or BOTH!

Which = DOA. The reason Olby is on CurrentTV with an audience of 13 viewers. Even for guys like myself that did phone sales for years where you have to think on your feet.., we've been doing it so long, we're kind of burned out.

We won't be seeing graying "news anchors" ever again and TOTUS is on Notice!

6. SignPainterGuy on November 15th, 2011 4:20 pm

TOTUS is on notice, ha ha ha , I put my coffee mug down just in time ! Whew !

So you really think this love fest / reach around by BM and Olby, the talking heads is beyond just sycophancy; it`s scripted and by orders from (cue godly booming voice) ABOVE !!?? I don`t doubt it, I just have to wonder what`s being paid or promised or threatened !

7. SignPainterGuy on November 15th, 2011 4:38 pm

They ARE apes …… and trip over themselves proving it !

The OWSers were forced to move yet again in Asheville,NC. They set up camp in Pack Square Park, which has a 10:pm curfew and NO CAMPING. As they were being moved by cops, two were arrested for 2nd degree trespassing and one woman climbed a tree trying to escape and another guy played some strange musical instrument while everyone else was breaking camp. The Paper interviewed a protester who said, "….there are some really dedicated, intelligent people in this movement."

Oh yeah ? Can you point out ONE ?!

Romney DOES remind me of a fast talking used car salesman ! I expect him at any moment to declare, "If you don`t buy NOW, you`ll miss the chance get this Great Deal …. I have 5 people with money in-hand just itching to buy this car !"

8. Marshall_Will on November 15th, 2011 4:45 pm

SPG,

That comes under Res Ipsa Loquitor ( let the facts speak for themselves ) What I referred to specifically was the very same reason Ed Sullivan and Dick Clark are no longer aired.

Other than on Time Life dvd infomercials at 2 in the morning. And then only purchased by Doors/Stones/Beatles fans. It's a medium that of it's own accord cannot translate to a younger crowd. BM is simply from a different generation.

An obsolete one that 'pauses for laughter', breaks for commercials and has end credits. If/WHEN he fails, numerous other TV-based Dim-disciples fail too. End of an era is always an ugly thing. Said the last paying customer at the Drive-In!

9. SignPainterGuy on November 15th, 2011 5:01 pm

Drive-In theaters ? Dang, who told them to look in my trunk ? Can`t you guys be still for two minutes ?

I remember watching the Ed Sullivan episode with the Beatle`s first time in the USA. Poor ol` Ed was MORTIFIED that the kids were screaming so loud you could barely here the music ….which, BTW, wouldn`t sound much better w/ today`s sound reproduction tech. We laughed about the whole thing for days at school afterward !

10. Marshall_Will on November 15th, 2011 5:07 pm

I cut the Brit bands SO much more slack! Those teens really -were- oppressed in Post War Britain. Get the chance, see: "Saturday Night & Sunday Morning" w/ a young Albert Finney. It explains so much about a justified cultural revolution.

We can all look forward to confining those "zany antics" of Maher's to an infomercial sometime soon. REAL soon. Pig-scum. Collect the whole set!

11. SignPainterGuy on November 15th, 2011 5:28 pm

"Collect the Whole set !" Heh he he ! Yeah, I cut them slack early, but they just weirded out for me ! If I can`t stand their looks, I can`t like their music. Often, I like stuff until I see them, then I`m totally turned off and can`t get the image out of my mind. Remember, I was raised on classical music.

Hey, if you`re an Albert Finney fan at all and like fun, quirky movies with a twist, watch "Big Fish". It is a tale told tall by a "tall-tale" teller. Ewan McGregor plays the younger "big fish" going thru life making friends, pursuing his love, dodging death and peril at every turn. Good enough, I bought the dvd.

12. Hyperfobea on November 16th, 2011 9:34 am

They can get away with those kind of comments because nobody watches their show other than the occasional channel-surfing Conservative. And they know it.