Here’s the White House before it was officially announced that the contradiction in terms that is the congressional “Super Committee” had reached an impasse:

And when it was clear the Super Committee wasn’t going to reach a deal, the very next day brought this:

Suffice to say that “lead by example” has never been a priority of this administration.

Comments

9 Responses to “Dueling Super-Committee Headlines”

1. backwoodsconsr on November 22nd, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you.

2. Pasadena Phil on November 22nd, 2011 3:43 pm

Our federal debt will increase by $10 trillion in ten years if this isn't resolved. Had they come to an agreement to "cut" the spending acceleration rate while increasing taxes, that would have been "slashed" to $9 trillion. How can we take either of the Democratic parties seriously? It's all kabuki.

Here's a question for Marshall: where did Italy's 2.451.8 tonnes of gold reserves go? It's been reported that the NY Fed shipped it out.

3. backwoodsconsr on November 22nd, 2011 3:53 pm

Obama to secretary: "Any messages for me?"

Secretary: "Your proctologist called. They found your head."

4. Marshall_Will on November 22nd, 2011 3:55 pm

The rumors certainly are swirling around 'that' one aren't they? Some I've heard said to IMF!?! To what end we've no idea. And if we want to see this happen to Ft. Knox all we have to do is keep playing freaking games like we HAVE been doing and then we can experience it first hand!

Went thru a similar debacle when stationed in the Philippines as the Marcos Regime fell apart. U.S Air Force C-130's crammed FULL w/ boxes of paper money AND it was rumored, gold bars! ( always on the -wrong- f@cking aircrew wasn't I? ) Loadmaster Manifests were considered Classified.

I was going to mention it earlier but over the weekend ( in hushed tones over cocktails ) it was supposed that MFG and some of the other events were intentional to CREATE a chaotic environment where tracks could be covered.

5. Pasadena Phil on November 22nd, 2011 4:05 pm

I'm of the opinion that the gold was transferred to the ECB as collateral for their buying Italian bonds. The ECB is not really a bank but they will have to be if they are to start printing Euros. They are seriously under-capitalized and straining with 50+ to 1 leverage. I also believe that this is related to that mysterious debt-swap facility the Fed established last week that torpedoed gold prices since.

I think France is next to lose their gold reserves.

6. Truesoldier on November 22nd, 2011 4:19 pm

Of course it is all Bush's fault…

7. sizemorew on November 22nd, 2011 4:51 pm

Do as he says and not as he does.

8. Marshall_Will on November 22nd, 2011 7:09 pm

That makes sense. I would have said 'vig' not collateral. Remember, Merrill went under w/ only 20 to 1 leverage. God I can't believe I said that! 'Only' 20 to 1..?

That Gold be housed at ECB, that makes a fellow sleep better at night doesn't it?

9. SignPainterGuy on November 23rd, 2011 5:36 pm

Guys, I read a story last week that posited that during the Bill and Hil WH Show, our FT Knox gold reserves were swapped out for fake bars. China has already discovered that some of the bars we sent them are fake. What better way to get the gold out of the country than in Shrillary`s Diplomatic Pouches as Sec of State ?!

I`m on my Sister`s `puter, so I can`t get the link, but when I get it, I`ll link to the story. It`s unsettling how our country is being robbed BLIND !!!