An extra special “Happy Thanksgiving” to all those who read and comment here as well as your families! It’s been a fun year (which is still far from over) and next year should be even… uh… funner.

On this day as always, in addition to health and happiness for my family, I’m thankful that God let me live in a country where people are free to do what we do here, which is opine, laugh, mock, criticize and yes, on rare occasion, praise, those in positions of power. And I’m especially thankful for those of you who serve or have served in the greatest military in the world who have sacrificed so much to make that possible and continue to fight to keep America the last best hope of mankind.

I’m spending the day with my family and I’ve already got my Lions hat on waiting for kickoff at 12:30. The Packers are a machine this year. If the Lions are firing on all cylinders and keep the mistakes to zero, they’ll have a chance. After that the Cowboys should be able to handle the Dolphins.

I saw this classic WKRP in Cincinnati clip yesterday at Hot Air and can’t help but put it here:

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Comments

13 Responses to “Happy Thanksgiving!”

1. Pasadena Phil on November 24th, 2011 1:25 pm

Ditto Doug. And I'm cheering for the Lions this morning too. The Packers are vulnerable to a good passing offense and you never know, Aaron Rogers (he of the 128 Intense Debate rating) could have an off game for once.

2. backwoodsconsr on November 24th, 2011 1:29 pm

And a Happy Flying Turkey Day to you as well Doug. Thanks for having me here. It's nice to be able to comment on a blog where the owner's sense of humor rivals my own.

Enjoy the holiday. We'll get back to trying to do something about those turkeys in Washington tomorrow.

3. swede on November 24th, 2011 1:48 pm

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

Witness: President Barry Zerotoro!!

I'm a cheesehead since the days of St. Vincent of Lambeau, Doug. Sorry, you may be thankful if there are any survivors. You is goin' down.

4. Granny 55 on November 24th, 2011 3:29 pm

Same best wishes to you and your family Doug and the rest of the PTB posters. In Texas visiting my daughter and family and ready to watch the Lions. Timing the bird for the end of the game. They are not football fans but are making a good effort to make sure the game is on the VERY large screen in the family room! Go Lions!

5. OK_Loyalist on November 24th, 2011 4:34 pm
  6. patti on November 24th, 2011 8:02 pm

LoL………We Can't Wait !

Special Happy Thanksgiving to the Troops !

A tribute to the
    brave men and women who have sacrificed so much to preserve and protect our country. The WVU Band presents our "Armed Forces Salute," http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjPmmCtHmfE

7. Pasadena Phil on November 24th, 2011 8:02 pm

Apparently, the Lions have discipline and maturity problems. That Suh penalty (and ejection) was stupid beyond belief. No excuse for that. He's a thug.

8. swede on November 24th, 2011 9:56 pm

Stunningly lame postgame response:

"What I did was remove myself from the situation the best way that I felt in me being held down in the situation that I was in…My intentions were not to kick anybody, as I did not. (I was) removing myself, as you see, I'm walking away from the situation. And with that I apologize to my teammates, and my fans and my coaches for putting myself to be in position to be misinterpreted and taken out of the game."

Ya right. He's so misunderstood. Excellent call and decision to disqualify. Correct response from Suh would be – "I was out of line, and I appologize." Loser.

Happy Thanksgiving Phil. Hope you had a good one.

9. Doug on November 24th, 2011 11:48 pm

Ha!

10. Doug on November 24th, 2011 11:49 pm

Suh can probably look forward to a one or two game suspension on top of that, I'm guessing. Idiotic move that ended up giving up a touchdown instead of a field goal.

11. joyannaadams on November 25th, 2011 2:51 am

wow…what a Turkey I am…I didn't watch the football game, BUT, I did win the family Trivia pursuit game by saying that the girls who used to play on cable football got their own football show.

And I've never even seen it!
    Happy Thanksgiving to Doug and his family, and all the great and witty folks who entertain me everyday on the "Powerful" Power of Doug.

12. Marshall_Will on November 25th, 2011 3:36 pm

Stay Thug strong yo! Thankfully I missed that. Gots enough thugification in my life thanks. Started out as a good game.

Hope everyone is having a grand Holiday!

13. Hyperfobea on November 29th, 2011 11:47 am

Hey Doug! Hope you & yours enjoyed sharing a fantastic Thanksgiving together! This year has certainly been fun. And I'm sure next year will be …

infinitely more funner.