There are still a lot of people that I can empathize with who look at the Republican field and think there’s something missing from the menu of choices.

From Conservatives4Palin:

Your contributions have made it possible for us to run the Palin reconsider television ad next week in the Sioux City, Iowa market. Thanks to everyone who chipped in to make it possible.

You’ll be able to see the ad that will be shown on televisions on KCAU-TV across the Sioux City, Iowa market on this blog and on youtube when it goes up next week. If you have any ideas on how to get this story more attention, let us know and feel free to push it yourself to people who may be interested. The target date for this ad going up is now November 29th as the Thanksgiving holidays pushed our initial target date of November 28th back. At the very latest, we expect to get it up on the Sioux City market on the 30th.

Here’s the ad (h/t Don Surber) — Update: A commenter says this isn’t the actual ad that will air this coming week, which is a good thing because this isn’t that great:

*****

Ed Morrissey at Hot Air lays out why hoping Palin jumps into the GOP fray might be a little like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin to show up:

Isn’t it too late to get in the race? Not in Iowa, or in other caucus states like Nevada. The state parties run those events, and they can add a name to the ballot at any time — or caucus-goers can write in their favored candidates if they like.

However, Palin faces a bigger problem outside of Iowa. Most of the early contests are not caucuses, but primaries — and those states do have filing deadlines, which have all passed. Palin wouldn’t have contended in New Hampshire anyway, but can any candidate fail to win South Carolina, Florida, and Michigan and still expect to seriously contend for the nomination? Filing deadlines for all of these states have already passed.

Which leaves us with the “third party” option. But I think Palin loves her country too much to do anything that would only end up ensuring Barack Obama’s victory in the same way Ross Perot helped usher in two terms worth of Sir Cheatsalot in 1992.

What I’d like Palin to do is run for Jon Kyl’s Senate seat in Arizona and get some national experience and better position herself for a White House run in 2016 or 2020. If that’s her ultimate goal — and I’m not convinced it is.

Comments

17 Responses to “Ad Asking Sarah Palin to Reconsider a Presidential Run to Start Airing in Iowa”

1. clu seatoe on November 26th, 2011 11:36 pm

I agree with Mr. Ed. However, if she is going to run for Senate from AZ, I'd like her to replace McCain.

And see what Meghan would say about that after the fact.

2. Pasadena Phil on November 27th, 2011 12:48 am

When Hillary gets "drafted" onto the Dem ticket and the polls show Rombama with no chance of beating her, it will be too late to try to make amends with conservatives like me. Hold your nose at your own peril. When Hillary gets "drafted" onto the Dem ticket and the polls show Rombama with no chance of beating her, it will be too late to try to make amends with conservatives like me. Hold your nose at your own peril.

I'm with Michelle Bachmann, we don't have until 2016. THIS is our opportunity and to the so-called "conservatives", it's again the wrong time to do the right thing.

Mark Steyn is so right. There is no such thing as a conservative voter. ""Conservatives"talk conservative but vote liberal.

3. Marshall_Will on November 27th, 2011 1:50 am

Tell me about it. As mentioned at MM's, we went down to pitch in for our local contender for Tigger Wu's straight jacket. Seems many are convinced the pendulum has swung so favorably, a "light touch" is what's called for here? Hello airball from the Free throw line.

My every suggestion brushed off as "being a bit 'extreme'? Reeeeally? What's the design here? Win by virtue of recount? Win in court? Would a blow-out WIN come across as showboating it..?!?! Have we Blue State GOP'ers been so beat down for so looong the whole enchilada just freaks us out?

Guess what dudes, I'm not here to put up a "respectable showing". A Solid Second. E'f that. I want blood and I know HOW to get it! Another downtick in the economy and Dem/Dem-light becomes a coin toss. A coin w/ You Lose! stamped on both sides. No thanks.

4. OK_Loyalist on November 27th, 2011 3:44 am

"conservatives like me" Hardee Har Har Har.

A conservative is not a liar, so that knocks you completely out of that category.

If Palin can't file in states that run primaries because the filing deadline in most/all states has past, magically Hillary is going to get "drafted" after Romney gets the GOP nomination.

Without going through the litany of what you are and what you are not, I'm content with your DILDO resemblance.

5. Pasadena Phil on November 27th, 2011 2:12 pm

I didn't go to all of those Tea Party events to end up voting for Romney or Gingrich. There is a complete disconnect with "both" parties. If there is one thing voters of "both" parties agree with, it's that whoever the politicians are listening to it isn't the voters. Feed the fear. "Look! Unicorns!"

We are seeing the very same thing happening nationally that happened in CA last year where no one wanted to vote for the most unpopular politician in CA, Jerry Brown. So Romney sticks his crony Meg Whitman in the slot and takes the entire GOP ticket down. Even McCain/Palin pick Carly Fiorina would have won had it not been for Whitman.

Now facing the weakest president ever to run for re-election, they are making a race of it by picking yet another liberal Democrat for its nominee. Where are all of those "Who is John Galt?" people today? Holding their noses again. I am really fed up with "conservatives". Spineless whiners.

6. Marshall_Will on November 27th, 2011 3:18 pm

Pasadena Phil,

Absolutely. It IS an effort. Lots of Saturdays and it's starting to look like a few weeknights and even afternoons. If I went Galt any further it would involve leaving the country altogether?

Lots of getting out of your comfort zone and meeting new people and driving to unfamiliar locations and spending money ( out of pocket/not GIVEN you by Soilyndra execs ) But as I mentioned at Michelle's Place, PROGS certainly don't seem to mind putting the time in!?

We're on the brink of something w/ real potential. When I first moved to OR as a young man in the late 70's, this was very much a Conservative state. All the while 'I' was "too busy" running a business and raising a family, OR devolved into a state of carefully orchestrated, Prog-created CHAOS! On a per capita basis, we're easily more insolvent than Cali. And STILL we have Prog-PEU promoters trying to cut a deal, poison pill dead man trigger MAD proposals.

7. Pasadena Phil on November 27th, 2011 4:05 pm

Marshall, you Oregonians are experiencing a different stage of one-party politics. I don't know how the GOP fits in up there but they are worst than non-existent here in CA. It is no longer a problem to be addressed locally where politics tends to be non-partisan. You can't run for Congress locally down here and the GOP State Committee will actively work against you if you threaten to upset the apple cart. And if the State Committee can't handle it, they bring in the national Rovians.

There just seems to be no way to deal with the nose holders who guarantee defeat for conservatives as soon as they require a "we will vote for the Republican no matter who it is" pledge before moving on. I'm just going to keep voting 3rd party and trying to get the zombies to stop whining and pay attention.

Hey look at that! I just caught up with Roger Maris with a 61 Intense Debate score! And I didn't use roids either!

8. backwoodsconsr on November 27th, 2011 4:16 pm

Congratulations! Let's see how long it takes me to catch you.

9. Pasadena Phil on November 27th, 2011 4:19 pm

I've been watching your meteoric rise. I suspect performance enhancing drugs.

10. backwoodsconsr on November 27th, 2011 4:31 pm

I like to think it's my keen wit. You may also notice that for my avatar I chose a proven race winner.

11. philipjames on November 27th, 2011 4:43 pm

This is not the real ad. It is something a fan made up a couple of weeks ago.

The real ad will start running in Iowa on November 29th, not before.

12. Marshall_Will on November 27th, 2011 5:51 pm

Phil,

When Chris Dudley ( former Portland Trailblazer and reg. fin. planner ) ran for Gov., his campaign very strategically turned their backs on Tea Party support. I oughta' know, I worked for them.

Chris LOST by less than 10k votes. Dumbf@cks… Point being, Multnomah County ( Portland basically ) always counts 'last'. That way if it's 'close' all they need do is bust out a few generic/forged boxes o' ballots and viola`! Dem's here have been so brazen in their fraud you'd be an idiot not to pad your fudge factor.

Winning BIG would mean their Fraud Enterprises (TM) would need to escalate to an unprecedented level. As you know, we have "Fraud-by-Mail" up here and obviously it 'works'! It's ensured Dem Dominance every since we PASSED it!

13. SignPainterGuy on November 28th, 2011 2:26 pm

I was wondering why the tortoise; now it all makes sense ! :-)

14. backwoodsconsr on November 28th, 2011 7:10 pm

Actually it's one of my photos. I first used it over at McGehee's place. I couldn't help but laugh when I put it up there. That turtle looks like he really did just stick his head out of his shell to offer his opinion on something.

15. SignPainterGuy on November 28th, 2011 8:12 pm

Over at icanhascheezburger.com , there are several vids of pet turtles nipping other pets; cats and dogs. For those times when I need a dose of cuteness to go with the TPTB snickers !

My avatar is my photo of my own hand-made magnetic sign. I use it everywhere I comment that allows avatars !

16. Hyperfobea on November 29th, 2011 11:24 am

She's way too smart to jump into the pile with the turd burglers. Wasn't her resignation as governor an indication to anyone with half an ounce of brains that her focus is on family now, especially the littlest who has special needs?

17. Jimbo on November 29th, 2011 11:27 pm

Did a 5th grader make this power point crapfest?