A little while ago I read this in the UK Daily Mail concerning President Obama’s recent trip with his daughters to a book store:

But, ensuring their father also had some light reading, Obama’s daughters Sasha and Malia picked up picture book Everyone Poops and teen favourite Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever.

In this photo at the Daily Mail you can clearly see one of Obama’s daughters carrying the book to the checkout stand. Fine, whatever.

Now read stories about the same shopping trip at US media outlets like The Hill and ABC News along with the Associated Press and you’ll find no mention of “Everyone Poops.” Ditto for CBS News and MSNBC.

What’s with the “Everyone Poops” US media blackout? Is the MSM concerned that their beloved president’s poll numbers might drop if it’s discovered a member of his family bought a book that could be construed as insensitive to the constipated who do not poop? (Is it a coincidence that Obama is down ten points in the fiber-challenged demographic?)

Give me a break, man, it’s been an incredibly slow news weekend.

Comments

9 Responses to “US Media Too Shy to Report First Family Book Purchase of ‘Everyone Poops’?”

1. backwoodsconsr on November 27th, 2011 7:50 pm

It is true that Everyone Poops, but not everyone poops on an entire country the way Obama has.

2. Barb Chanksy on November 27th, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks, Doug! I need to laugh so my blood pressure,which skyrocketed after that a-hole was elected, would go down; and hey, somebody has to report this – if just to annoy the traitors in the media.

3. OK_Loyalist on November 27th, 2011 9:53 pm

Is "Everyone Poops" the new #OWS mantra ?

4. Pasadena Phil on November 27th, 2011 11:30 pm

Mentioning that book would bring attention to Obama's own behavioral issues triggered by poor potty training. Wasn't his Indonesian nanny a transsexual?

5. SignPainterGuy on November 28th, 2011 2:49 am

EVERYONE POOPS ?!?!

My illusions are like, TOTALLY Shattered !!

6. Yazsters on November 28th, 2011 12:50 pm

I was chuckling at one of the doctors I follow. He was lightly complaining about writing a few blog posts about natural constipation remedies. He didn't want to get to much into that topic. It was the old man thing to do he mentioned. And I can't blame him! I have a stomach problem, but am not all that thrilled to talk about it, but will to give others some ideas on helping themselves. I often grumble also about having to deal with it.

What gets me though, is how many think differently from me on this. Some will provide great detail on the internet about bowel movements. So from what I've seen, I could see this poop book generating sales.

7. Cathy on November 28th, 2011 1:10 pm

This book is a best seller for Kane/Miller Books and EDC Publishing. It has sold over 100 million copies since it's first printing. Need your own copy? Visit http://www.FindTheDuck.com and order one. It's especially helpful when potty training, or as a gag gift if you will. :)

8. Hyperfobea on November 29th, 2011 11:00 am

Doug, as ever you are illuminating.

'Everyone Poops' sounds like part of the curriculum of prospective proctologists … it's an exit, man! Get out of the way.

9. potty training boys on August 26th, 2013 9:19 am

Good day! I simply would like to give you a huge thumbs up for your excellent info you've got right here on this post. I will be returning to your web site for more soon.