Rep. Barney Frank will hold a press conference at 1 p.m. to discuss his decision not to seek re-election next year.

Redistricting might have something to do with it, or maybe Barney just feels like he’s run out of segments of the economy to help ruin. He always said he’d quit the day it stopped being fun.

I’ll bet he lands a sweet lobbying gig with Fannie Mae. Early unconfirmed reports say Frank is quitting because he got his dream job with the TSA.

Update: President Obama: “There has never been a congressman like Barney Frank and the House will not be the same without him.” – Thank God…

(h/t Michelle M.)

Comments

16 Responses to “Barney Frank’s Seat Now Up for Grabs”

1. steveegg on November 28th, 2011 1:12 pm

No bet, though I'll go with Freddie Mac as Frank's new employer.

2. Pasadena Phil on November 28th, 2011 1:33 pm

Well they were willing to pay Newt $1.5-1.8 million. Just imagine what they would be willing to pay BF.

3. Marshall_Will on November 28th, 2011 1:43 pm

Trust me, if Porky Pig ( h/t Michelle M ) even THOUGHT Teh Once had a shot at being re-elected he wouldn't be stepping down! Without the 24/7 Smokescreen of Transparency to cover BF's azz this is his only remaining option.

They're losing control of the media.

4. clu seatoe on November 28th, 2011 1:45 pm

The Zero ship-bail begins.

5. OK_Loyalist on November 28th, 2011 1:46 pm

I believe Bawney's seat has been up for grabs for quite sometime now.

6. Pasadena Phil on November 28th, 2011 1:57 pm

Read today's NYT editorial:

Obama is going to war against white people next year and the GOP is afraid to run anything that will offend the very Democrats who already identify with or are this close to identifying with the Tea Partry? Is there any doubt left that there is only one party and that it is bought and paid for by the one-world globalists?

7. Truesoldier on November 28th, 2011 2:14 pm

Doug, I really don't think you thought that title through very well….no one wants to grab Barney Franks seat…..EEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!

8. Marshall_Will on November 28th, 2011 3:02 pm

Oh thank God. About TIME they got out of the closet on that one. Every bit as shocking to have Rock Hudson finally admit he was gay?

Ahem, for trolls, Demoprogs and Tea Party deniers, in case you were wondering what Teh Once has really been 'working' on when he blathered on about "jobs"? Here is your 2 X 4! Thwap.

Not the first time Greenberg has shared this overall sentiment. I believe he noted that Dim's have made NO effort to have anything resembling an Economic/Business platform since the 70's! At least now we can drop the whole pretense?

9. Kim on November 28th, 2011 4:19 pm

LOL

I wondered when someone was going to say it!!

The headline has me still chuckling

10. Marshall_Will on November 28th, 2011 4:41 pm

"I'd actually pay the $50 for this if it also had a Solyndra logo and stimulus sign on it:"

Wrecovery we can BELIEVE in! Quite a collection I've built up over the years. Arthur Anderson golf tees. Enron t-shirt. If it's gone bust I try to pick one up. Washington Mutual golf balls. You name it. Defunct is the new hip.

11. Dale on November 28th, 2011 6:21 pm

I enjoy the jokes as much as anyone but I'm sure the Commonwealth of Massachussetts has another left wing nutcase pickle kisser waiting in the wings.

12. Granny55 on November 28th, 2011 7:35 pm

Ditto that.

13. Marshall_Will on November 28th, 2011 9:02 pm

"left wing nutcase pickle kisser"

Oh…!?!? Ewwwww.

Just to give you an idea how mentally bludgeoned many of us consrvatives are, it took me several minutes to fully absorb he is not a crooked 'senator' from Mass! You know, like the one we just buried?

I'm sure the 'new' LWNCPK will be much better… in 2012. When Obama is no longer pResident.

14. OK_Loyalist on November 29th, 2011 2:47 am

Funny stuff … gave you props at MM for it.

15. Hyperfobea on November 29th, 2011 10:44 am

it's the "fanny" in Fannie Mae that mr frank'n beans is after

16. Hyperfobea on November 29th, 2011 10:45 am

heh … grabs and stabs and lubes and tubes