You’ve no doubt heard about the latest Herman Cain accuser, Ginger White, who claims she carried on a 13-year affair with Cain.

Cain’s campaign manager Mark Block, after polishing off his sixth Marlboro of the morning, said that Cain is now “reassessing” his campaign:

Herman Cain’s chief of staff Mark Block confirmed to ABC News that the candidate told his senior staff this morning he’s reassessing whether to stay in the race, as reported by the National Review.

Cain said that he’ll make his final decision “over the next several days,” according to the National Review.

Cain’s deputy campaign manager, Linda Hansen, told ABC News that on the conference call Tuesday morning, “Mr. Cain told staff simply that, just as every time significant events occur, a reassessment is prudent.”

At this point we don’t know anything other than Cain’s accusers sure do seem to have histories of being involved in sexual harrassment allegations as well as financial problems — and the woman claiming she had an affair with Cain is no different. That doesn’t mean nothing happened, but it is a curious common denominator.

Cain admits to being friends with the woman but denies any affair:

*****

The woman apparently had dozens of calls and messages to and from Herman Cain’s cell phone — nothing of a sexual nature, at least nothing that’s being reported. Cain says he was trying to help her financially. So either Cain’s lying or he’s a victim of being a nice guy in an ulterior motive world — and I’ve seen the latter happen with my own eyes before.

What does it all mean? As many women who have been crawling out of the woodwork and accusing Herman Cain of sexual harassment (and now add an affair to the pile) whose evidence is heresay and allegations from that harpy attention-whore Gloria Allred, I’m going to need to see a “blue dress” before I assume anything to be true at this point.

Comments

14 Responses to “Herman Cain ‘Reassessing’ Campaign”

1. sizemorew on November 29th, 2011 3:44 pm

Regardless of whether or not these women are telling the truth, they've managed to severely damage Cain's reputation which–I'm willing to bet–was the goal all along.

2. SignPainterGuy on November 29th, 2011 3:47 pm

Dig until you find David Axlerod; he`s involved in finding affairs and taudry details of Obama opponents for a long time now !

I`m holding onto Mrs. Cain`s statement, "He would have to have an alternate personality for these charges to be true. That`s just not Herman !" (paraphrased – from the previous accusations)

Among other reasons, America needs Cain now for the sake of unity !

3. Dexter_Alarius on November 29th, 2011 3:47 pm

This smells like a crass political assassination attempt, like the others.
    But, I'm bothered by the hedging and now the "reassessing" of the campaign.

If it's true, Cain is foolish to have run to begin with.

If it's not true, there's no reason to "reassess" running, unless the reassessment goes: "Holy $hit! We knew it was going to be ugly, but we didn't know it was going to be THIS ugly!"
    If that's the case, 'if you can't stand the heat, …'

4. Hyperfobea on November 29th, 2011 4:21 pm

Either he's a pathological liar—and remember those types usually can't keep track of their lies so naturally there is little distinguishing between fact and fiction—or he's just another victim of a liberal high-tech lynching. Either way, he is thus far the only person I'd pick of all the nutcrackers (my hoilday spirit) out there. After Obama, I'm willing to give anyone a shot.

5. Jimbo on November 29th, 2011 4:21 pm

Mrs. Cain better pull her head out of the clouds and get some serious VD testing. His "alternate personality" been up to the bizness.

Don't hate the player; hate the game.

6. Marshall_Will on November 29th, 2011 4:27 pm

Where would he find the TIME!? The ENERGY!? Sheesh…. I'd have to have a stunt double or something.

"NYT blogger can't stop with the comedy:"

No he can't. Pardon Michelle and others if we're a bit flummoxed at Bawney's passing -crushing- Financial Regulation weighed by the metric TON only to BAIL when it now looks about as 'workable' as ObieCare..? Isn't it only NATURAL his "future employment opportunities' include navigating the very legislation he AUTHORED?

Or does that all just seem unreasonable to Comedy Blogger Boy?

7. joyannaadams on November 29th, 2011 4:55 pm

And that's why reporters should be going for Obama's "sexual" slips, but maybe, as many have suggested, they aren't female. They did it for Clinton…why aren't they looking for dirt on Obama?

NOBODY would touch that subject, would they? If I were a supporter, I'd look in Kenya for pictures of Obama with a fifteen year old….

The problem with Cain is, he's not dumb, If all these affairs had been true, I doubt if he would have run at all. OR there is so much money gathered while even running for President, it could have been a financial decision.

I think Hillary still has her "war" chest somewhere. Cain certainly has not taken his role seriously enough to read up on foreign affairs. But then, he's used to delegating.

Mitt is going to be the nomination.(In my Nobody Opinion) Newt? He's the sly fox of the establishment.

8. Marshall_Will on November 29th, 2011 5:37 pm

If 1/10th of what the bhomedia is saying is 'true' I'm seriously doubting she'd have anything to 'worry' about?

9. Marshall_Will on November 29th, 2011 5:58 pm

joyanna,

True, and I doubt he would have gone forward. Media seemed to focus heavily on "physical/consentual relationship" and that should queer w/ us right away. I don't care how slick you are or -think- you are, how did they manage to conceal what would have been an open secret all those years?

And why doesn't Herman appear to be getting any on the side right NOW? There's been a certain chronology to all these revelations. My experience w/ most office 'affairs' is they never get off the ground ( or into BED ) more specifically.

For every set of squeaking bedsprings there's 10,000 secret crushes. For every Fatal Attraction 10 million, harmless candles.

10. clu seatoe on November 29th, 2011 9:35 pm

Blitzer did everything he could, several times over, to get those teeth out of Cain’s mouth except yank on them with a CAT dozer.

I’d like to see someone with some stones ask Blitzer why he doesn’t interrogate Zero the way he interrogated Cain. And I applaud Cain for holding his ground such as he did, clearly not intimidated by the interrogator.

Will he be interrogating Cain’s accuser the same way he interrogated the accused?

11. cdl on November 29th, 2011 11:21 pm

It's probably true.

That's what happens when I kinda like a candidate.

Luck I guess.

12. SignPainterGuy on November 29th, 2011 11:36 pm

Wuuf Blister interrogate Cain`s accuser with the same "tooth-pulling" ferocity as he applied to Herman ? Git REAL !!

13. clu on November 30th, 2011 12:30 am

Was like watching bully blitzer holding up Opie for his milk money on the way to school.

But Opie showed ‘em.

Right in the nose Opie showed ‘em. And he wasn’t even scairt.

14. Debbie on December 3rd, 2011 8:35 pm

So is anyone investigating to find out who is paying these women? There's your story, reporters.