They say they need therapy, and I couldn’t agree more. Who says we all can’t find common ground on certain issues?

Most of the roughly 300 Occupy L.A. protesters were released from jail by Friday evening, with some immediately speaking out on the police raid that cleared their camp.

One speaker suggested that some of those arrested might need therapy. Several said they felt traumatized after witnessing police use nonlethal force and being forced to wait for hours in zip-tie handcuffs. Some displayed cuts on their wrists from the handcuffs. Others complained that they were forced to urinate in bags on the bus as they were transported to jails.

In defense of the authorities, they made the Occupiers go to the bathroom in bags because they couldn’t immediately find a cop car for them to s*#t on.

Click the pic below for the video of released Occupiers. You’ll also meet “Shane of the Treehouse Posse” and “Moonbat of the Dropped Pants.” Psychiatric treatment? Who needs it:

*****

Perhaps the funniest part is the guy complaining that they were kept from showering and tooth brushes for three days. Maybe he was pissed because they were denied their right to wait much longer than that between showers and tooth brushing.

Comments

25 Responses to “Aw: Some Occupy L.A. Arrestees Feel They Need Therapy Due to Trauma”

1. backwoodsconsr on December 3rd, 2011 6:21 pm

If they would get jobs and go to work:

a. They could afford to pay for their own therapy.
    b. They could afford their own soap and water.
    c. They wouldn't have so much time to spend making asses of themselves in public.

2. clu seatoe on December 3rd, 2011 6:41 pm

So you think you were traumatized by NOT being able to shower at the LA County Jail. You should already have sent them your “Thank You” cardl.

3. OK_Loyalist on December 3rd, 2011 6:47 pm

I agree with that one protestor, they should of been properly been deloused prior to incarceration… with a fire hose.

4. backwoodsconsr on December 3rd, 2011 6:52 pm

But wouldn't delousing make the protesters disappear?

5. SignPainterGuy on December 3rd, 2011 7:43 pm

In the broader definition, absolutely !

6. SignPainterGuy on December 3rd, 2011 7:46 pm

I have a sneaky suspicion that if these OWSers were straightened out, the feeling would be so foreign, they`d think they needed therapy !

7. OK_Loyalist on December 3rd, 2011 7:53 pm

A couple hundred hours of community service in say… Watts, should be all the therapy they need.

8. backwoodsconsr on December 3rd, 2011 8:02 pm

Then I'm all for it.

I suppose Odor-Eaters would have the same effect on them.

9. SignPainterGuy on December 3rd, 2011 8:12 pm

To my experience, if you NEED Odor-Eaters, they work only if you put them in new shoes.

10. Marshall_Will on December 3rd, 2011 8:13 pm

It'll smack the silly right OUT of ya'!

Yuck it up lads. YOU'LL find out. Check w/ your Czech friends. Totalitarian States tolerate your antics for 'awhile' but once you're determined "a liability to the greater good of the party" you won't find yourself thinking it's all that funny?

Good friend was a protestor in Prague and got out prior to The Wall coming down. If you thought lockup requires 'therapy' you're gonna' love being beaten for not 'wanting' to join the Army, stripped naked and kept in a dark, dank cell after a thorough hose down! Uh… w/ nothing to eat.

Protests and cries for 'change' are only tolerated until such time as the new despot-in-waiting sets up shop! Then they're viewed as THREATS. ( Don't these cheesed!cks have ANY Filipino friends? ) How do you get thru life in America without knowing 'any' Filipinos? I don't care if you live in Manhattan, MT, you know at least (1) Check w/ them? Think that can't happen 'here'? Keep it up and find out.

11. Marshall_Will on December 3rd, 2011 9:56 pm

Doug,

Given posters thus far today are neither female nor of Asian descent, does that mean the rest of are simply "piranha mouthed"? Jeez, Leftist nutbags, take a day OFF once in awhile huh?

Was that tweet from L.A County lockdown? Some of us may not follow the @seanhannity/@o'reilly stuff? Care to explain, is that some nutjob spewing sexist AND racial slurs to 'multiple' recipients or what? Anybody!?

You realize the very intent of those 'intimidating' tweets are to keep Conservatives that might be even THINKING about setting up a Twitter account from doing so right? I have no -doubt- they are Dem linked. They've totally LOST control of the internet/blogging so they're attempting to set up a firewall around Tweeterdom. Good luck. Thanks to folks like Doug! Now I HAVE to sign up!

Anyone notice Progs keep inventing new mediums no sooner we squash the last one?

12. SignPainterGuy on December 3rd, 2011 10:54 pm

Satan never gives up !

13. swede on December 3rd, 2011 10:55 pm

Awwww, just give the poor shmucks some therapy. Yeah, Electro-Convulsive therapy…that's the ticket!!

14. SignPainterGuy on December 3rd, 2011 11:24 pm

Thanks for reminding me; there`s just nothing like a bit of Relaxing Electro-Shock Therapy !

15. SignPainterGuy on December 4th, 2011 1:11 am

I cannot imagine talking to anyone, much less MM like that. I can barely imagine BEING talked to like that. I surely cannot imagine having the grace, the cool to take it as she does without striking back !
    The same for you Doug and some other right-bloggers I`ve heard about.

Tis the hand of satan, no doubt, speaking such ill and exhibiting such crudeness !

16. Marshall_Will on December 4th, 2011 2:57 am

You got THAT right. My point was, "flame wars" on dreary old blogs has lost its 'lustre' for Prog-operatives. It's so 10 minutes ago?

Satan got you by your Prog-b@lls..? Then it's to Twitter! where the new battle line is drawn! Why 'wait' for some stodgy old posting process that may or may not even get READ to make your splash?

MM recently celebrated her 200,000th follower! ( Where ELSE can Progs simultaneously insult that many Conservatives for FREE!? ) Be…SIDES, correct spelling and coherent thought are optional and w/ less than a hundred characters, so is an attention span!

I guess at 52 ( I'm among the 'younger' posters and when she ran w/ "Missing Tweets o' The Year" a lot of us STILL don't get it? But crush them we much!

17. SignPainterGuy on December 4th, 2011 3:38 am

Ha haaa ! Crush away lad …. muchly !

18. ReaganiteGOPer on December 4th, 2011 7:32 am

Why don't they just deal with stress in the traditional
    American way… bury themselves in their work?

lol

19. sizemorew on December 4th, 2011 10:48 am

Oh please. Non-lethal force and zip tie handcuffs traumatizing? It's ridiculous. Also, peeing in a bag is certainly an upgrade from peeing wherever the hell they felt like it. It was probably that or the cops watching their bus get ruined.

Sadly, you know some quack is going to stand up and say that they were legitimately traumatized.

20. SignPainterGuy on December 4th, 2011 3:58 pm

When the worst punishment you`ve ever known is "time-outs" and "sitting in a corner", this rates as "cruel and unusual" ! Watch for the ACLU !

21. backwoodsconsr on December 4th, 2011 5:33 pm

Spankings are not child abuse. Refusing to give them when needed is.

Two things corporal punishment accomplishes:

1. It gets the child's attention in a way they won't soon forget.
    2. It teaches them that unacceptable behavior has consequences.

The lesson about consequences must be understood if a person is to function properly in a civilized society. Some people learn it the easy way, others have to learn it the hard way. My seventh grade math teacher had a paddle on top of her blackboard. On it were the words, "When top won't reason, try the bottom."

22. SignPainterGuy on December 4th, 2011 7:49 pm

High marks for you and your math teacher.

I was 4 when the family went to the Beacon Drive In in A`vl for my Sister`s BD. I was fine with everything until she opened her present, a wrist watch. Jealousy set in, so I began singing and dancing around the restaurant and talking to folks at every table; all the while, Mom was asking me to come back and sit down. 3rd call and refusal was the magic number. Mom got up, busted my butt in front of everyone and I was CURED instantly ! Amazing how well public embarrassment and a little butt warming improves a kid`s attitude !

23. backwoodsconsr on December 4th, 2011 8:03 pm

An article in one of the programs for the Talladega races had some of the drivers talking about the worst whippings they ever got. Bobby Allison said, "I sassed my daddy at the wrong time. He showed me there wasn't any right time for that."

24. swede on December 4th, 2011 9:26 pm

1. It gets the child's attention in a way they won't soon forget.
    2. It teaches them that unacceptable behavior has consequences.

3. It teaches them that someone actually cares about their character and future.

My 6th grade teacher (Mrs Rust) had the "Rust Rule" – a thick, wide wooden ruler. Not paying attention or goofing around earned you a whack on the back of the head, or worse, the back of the hand. Stung but didn't hurt anyone and made you pay attention. My favorite teacher. These days they'd put her in prison.

25. Hyperfobea on December 5th, 2011 10:49 am

"Perhaps the funniest part is the guy complaining that they were kept from showering and tooth brushes for three days."

Aw darn, because he was soooo hoping to bend over for the soap.