Some 40 miles north of where I sit is stored one of my state’s greatest weapons against those who would seek to do us harm:

*****

This is Janet Napolitano’s way of looking terrorists straight in the eye and saying, “eat this!

STANTON, Mich. (The Daily News of Greenville)- The United States is fighting terrorism – one snow cone at a time.

Montcalm County recently received a $900 Arctic Blast Sno-Cone machine.

The West Michigan Shoreline Regional Development Commission (WMSRDC) is a federal- and state-designated agency responsible for managing and administrating the homeland security program in Montcalm County and 12 other counties.

The WMSRDC recently purchased and transferred homeland security equipment to these counties – including 13 snow cone machines at a total cost of $11,700.

Just what we need to spend taxpayer money on in Michigan in December: machines that make snow.

Is it safe to assume where the purchase order came from?

Comments

16 Responses to “Homeland Security Gets Chilling New Weapon in War on Terror”

1. OK_Loyalist on December 6th, 2011 12:39 pm

LOL,

I saw this article earlier this a.m., the P.O. tie to Obumblears is a nice touch.

2. SignPainterGuy on December 6th, 2011 2:00 pm

I must give Nappy Janitalia high marks for consistency here …. true to form, DHS has spent too much money on the wrong things in the wrong places !

3. Pasadena Phil on December 6th, 2011 2:08 pm

Any word regarding FLOTUS banning those high-fructose corn syrups that make sno-cones so good? There's gotta be an angle to this. Someone is up to something.

4. Truesoldier on December 6th, 2011 2:12 pm

When I was deployed to Iraq we used to joke that if they were to just put a dome over the entire ME and pump in AC the people of the ME would not be so quick to anger due to the heat.

I guess JNap heard those jokes and decided that if they just give the terrorists snow cones they will be to cool to attack.

5. SignPainterGuy on December 6th, 2011 2:41 pm

A health nut at work came in one day with his daily rant; this time about how bad corn syrup is. I asked him what was so bad – it`s just sugar. He couldn`t answer, he`d just "heard" from another health nut.

I read all I could find on it and came up with ONLY this; something in corn syrup blocks the signal from the stomach to the brain that says, "Stop eating, I`m full !"

Personal responsibility to stop eating once full is simply too dangerous. FLOTUS will no doubt proclaim corn syrup must be banned, it`s just a matter of time !

6. Marshall_Will on December 6th, 2011 2:41 pm

Tales Of The Boodle

They'll be surfacing for years when some future city comptroller/administrator/clerk/dog catcher is forced into making a disposition on unused items when no one currently employed there can explain its origins?

7. Dexter_Alarius on December 6th, 2011 2:44 pm

"Janet Napolitano… looking …straight in the eye and saying, “eat this!“ "

Please! I'm having lunch here!!!

8. Pasadena Phil on December 6th, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm very health conscious myself so I know very well that sugar is sugar. The body can't tell the difference between cane sugar, corn syrup, beet sugar or any other sugar.

Same with salt. Other than the size and shape of the crystal, there is no difference between kosher salt, sea salt or regular table salt. The chemical notation is the same for all of them: NaCl.

9. SignPainterGuy on December 6th, 2011 3:05 pm

Agreed, but there is a subtle taste difference between types of salt and sugar, so, it becomes a matter of "what flavor do you prefer and how much do you want ?"

I didn`t think to ask Sis why she had disposable salt and pepper shakers for Thanksgiving instead of the sea salt- and pepper-grinders she usually has. I shall ask when I talk to her next time.

10. Granny55 on December 6th, 2011 7:31 pm

Well I would like to say I am a health nut but I am not – just a daily walk. That said – as an avid baker and cook – there is a huge difference between the myriad of sugars and salts when cooking. And I will concentrate of that as I start my Christmas baking. MOFATASS and the rest of the food/beverage/breakfast/lunch/dinner/everything is bad for you PC liberal police can kiss my a$$.

11. backwoodsconsr on December 6th, 2011 8:17 pm

Maybe they're planning to attack the terrorists while they're disabled by freeze-brain.

12. Pasadena Phil on December 6th, 2011 9:32 pm

I follow the advice of Juila Child. Use real food but everything in moderation. Eating is so central to our quality of life that we shouldn't be denying ourselves the pleasures of eating well because of the ever-changing modern wisdoms.

Over time, the "scientific" research that cautioned us about eating butter, salt and sugar has come around to recognizing that the substitutes are worse than the original.

I am 58 y.o., run at least 5 miles on most days, eat what I want (in moderation and spread out over 5-6 meals) and I have no weight or other health issues. I love to eat and have plenty of obese relatives so I have the fat gene . But with a consistent daily exercise discipline and sensible normal diet, I have stayed slim. If I weren't bald, I would have absolutely no genetic/health issues at all to complain about.

13. SignPainterGuy on December 6th, 2011 10:31 pm

You may be on to something ! Many terrorists seem to be a bit shy of intelligence to begin with, so a bit of brain-freeze could be seriously debilitating !

14. backwoodsconsr on December 6th, 2011 10:41 pm

Anybody who deliberately blows themselves up can't be very bright.

15. SignPainterGuy on December 6th, 2011 11:07 pm

We are on the same page !

16. Babysitting Jobs on February 29th, 2012 4:07 am