*****

I’ll take a pass.

At least these are two jobs he’s “saved or created” — they’re in Sweden, but it’s a start:

Tucked behind a shopping centre in southern Sweden is a little food cart with a big name.

“Obamas” – written without an apostrophe in accordance with Swedish grammatical custom – serves falafel, kebab and sausages, prepared and served by Amro and Soumia Hawary, who opened up shop almost three years ago.

“I named it Obamas because I really like the American president Obama,” said owner Amro Hawary to The Local.

“I have followed his career since he was in Chicago, a few years before he was president.”

You can’t see Obamas from the main road and there is not a lot of traffic flow to help you find your way. But, thankfully, there is a giant Obama head on a “Falafel, kebab and sausage” sign on the main road, directing the way to the little cart.
[...]
Amro Hawary is also an artist, responsible for the Obama drawings on the cart and the street sign.

“My husband loves him,” says Mrs. Hawary.

“If we had children he would name our son Obama, and our daughter, she would be Michelle.”

These people are a healthy Obama campaign donation and one solar panel on the roof of the lunch truck away from securing a multi-million dollar Department of Energy loan.

Comments

27 Responses to “Headline of the Day”

1. backwoodsconsr on December 7th, 2011 8:15 pm

So how long before they go bankrupt?

2. SignPainterGuy on December 7th, 2011 8:17 pm

I see halal on the sign. Does that mean it`s tortured-goat sausage ?

3. OK_Loyalist on December 7th, 2011 8:23 pm

If I were to name something after Obumblears, it would be the sewer plant.

4. Marshall_Will on December 7th, 2011 8:57 pm

“My husband loves him,” says Mrs. Hawary.

Oh Doug sure knows how to tickle that gag reflex doesn't he. Well, here's your donation form and thanks for your support. Hey you guys looking for a King or something up that way..?

( Funny to note, I seldom go there but the Frontier Comm. homepage looks like a Bam-vertisement! ) Just sickening.

5. Man on December 7th, 2011 10:05 pm

Just your average typical Swedes: http://www.obamas.se/Obama%20f%F6retaget.htm

6. SignPainterGuy on December 7th, 2011 10:18 pm

Very interesting ! What a time to be unable to read Swedish and understand their food names ! What in the cat hair are Korv and Drycker ?

7. SignPainterGuy on December 7th, 2011 10:36 pm

Aah, Bing is my friend !

Korv must be a cooking style; Korv stroganoff and Korv sausages ….

Drycker looks to be a brand of beer. Now that I think of it, I have heard of Drycker.

Learn something new every day !

8. Man on December 7th, 2011 11:40 pm

korv=sausage
    drycker=drinks

9. SignPainterGuy on December 8th, 2011 12:15 am

Sausage stroganoff ? I`ve only had a few versions of beef stroganoff.

So, how close was I on the tortured-goat sausage ?

10. Man on December 8th, 2011 1:43 am

Yes, Halal is tortured-goat in any language…

Most halal slaughter is illegal in Sweden, so they must be imported tortured-goat sausages.

11. patti on December 8th, 2011 3:07 am

EEEWWWWWWWWW!!
    So glad I stopped by.
    Did everyone register at Hot Air today?

12. SignPainterGuy on December 8th, 2011 3:58 am

I did, but haven`t yet gotten the confirmation email. If not by tomorrow, I`ll email a "tip" and see if that lights a fire under them !

EEEWWWWWWW ? Does tortured-goat sausage not send your taste buds into a mouth-watering tizzy ? ;-)

13. patti on December 8th, 2011 4:15 am

Not exactly, ha ha.
    The email tip should help. I signed up at 9am, by 2 didn't get anything, sent the tip thingy but didn't get my password till around 9pm….I thought I missed out.
    But, glory be, I'm in. Commented a few times, it was fun and seems alot of cool newbies are now Hot Arians. I feel I know many people there from being a reader so long.
    Btw, SPG, you see my name here as Patti, I am known to you and others here as Green eyed Lady from MM's. I believe you and I signed up the same day there. :-)
    Catch ya tomorrow, hope you hear from someone soon! Nite nite.

14. backwoodsconsr on December 8th, 2011 4:41 am

Glad you were able to make it. I expect SPG just got lost in the rush. Apparently they had quite a turnout.

15. SignPainterGuy on December 8th, 2011 4:52 am

Well, will wonders never stop ceasing ?

GeL patti ? Or patti GeL ? Hmmm, a mystery for the ages ! Honestly, there was something I felt when you first posted here as patti that I couldn`t quite put my finger on ! Now I know !

Yes, we signed up at MM`s on the same day. I was as happy as a tornado heading fer a trailer park ! ;-)

16. Hyperfobea on December 8th, 2011 9:06 am

Judging by the photo on the URL they sure look like the average every-day swede, complete with ethnic swede his/her ensembles, eh?

17. swede on December 8th, 2011 11:42 am

Any Swedish cuisine can get kinda dicey: Regular Ordinary Swedish Mealtime.

18. Granny55 on December 8th, 2011 11:44 am

Well two is company and three is a crowd – I signed up at MM's the same day too!!! Great minds think alike ya know…..

19. Jimbo on December 8th, 2011 2:18 pm

Why are they in their pajamas?

20. SignPainterGuy on December 8th, 2011 3:36 pm

"Smashing" success ! ;-)

21. SignPainterGuy on December 8th, 2011 3:38 pm

Still no confirmation email from HA. Gotta send "tip" to light a fire !

22. SignPainterGuy on December 8th, 2011 4:16 pm

Headline of the Day: "Hungry Swedes queue up for Obamas sausage".

Are they "hungry Swedish 'ants' "; too small to show in the pic, or was the photographer too slow with the camera ? Waay too slow ! I can`t see anyone but the silhouette of the cook inside !

23. backwoodsconsr on December 8th, 2011 8:25 pm

Guess they're not hungry enough to eat what Obama is dishing out.

24. SignPainterGuy on December 8th, 2011 10:01 pm

Finally got my HA password. Lighting a fire musta helped !

25. backwoodsconsr on December 8th, 2011 10:15 pm

And not only that, you just reached 102. You're having a good day.

26. SignPainterGuy on December 8th, 2011 10:57 pm

As are you; up 2 today yourself and P.Phil and OK_L both added 1 as well !

I couldn`t find "Would You Rather" game anywhere else Glenn mentioned, so I bit the bullet and darkened the doors of ….. Barnes & Noble. Found it; it was easy to find and the very flaming lib cashier wished me a Very Merry Christmas ! I returned the wish with zeal and proceeded back to my truck where I found a penny ! Heh; my cup runneth over !

27. Obama bin Biden on December 9th, 2011 12:39 pm