Every once in a while it’s fun to see a clip from “The View” just to remind myself that, even though I may be of average intelligence, I can feel like the smartest guy in the world for a few fleeting minutes.

Elizabeth Hasselbeck is usually the only person on that panel with properly firing neurons, but that doesn’t mean the others can’t be as entertaining as blind squirrels in a nut shop. The other day the panel was discussing the demise of Kim Jong Il, and Whoopi Goldberg said that communism is not unlike Sister Act II — looks like a good idea on paper but is an absolute disaster when played out in the real world:

Anybody who can’t spot the fundamental flaw of communism even “on paper” will either end up oppressed under a communist regime or hosting The View in a country that so far has been smart enough not to implement what looks good to simps “on paper.”

I don’t get it… communism has ushered in many horrible human tragedies in history, and those events are now recorded “on paper.” After all this recorded history, communism doesn’t work “on paper” either… so why do vacuous dingbats keep insisting it does work “on paper”? Sheesh.

This is why the left is having so much trouble figuring out what’s happened with Obama. “On paper” he was going to be a great president — everybody was going to have a high paying job for little work, health care would be free, the rise of the oceans would slow and the world was entering a new age of peace and harmony. But in reality… they’ll never learn.

(h/t Newsbusters)

Comments

25 Responses to “Whoopi Goldberg: Communism is a Great Concept on Paper”

1. backwoodsconsr on December 21st, 2011 12:45 pm

Well, she's figured out that communism doesn't work. Now if she could just figure out that communism is what liberalism aims to achieve.

2. Dandapani on December 21st, 2011 12:51 pm

Uh, is Whoopi competing with Oprah for packing on the pounds? I haven't seen her in awhile. Yikes.

3. backwoodsconsr on December 21st, 2011 1:00 pm

I haven't seen her in a while either, and I hope it's a while before I see her again.

4. Pasadena Phil on December 21st, 2011 1:05 pm

Having studied Marx and Engles in college (under the tutelage of an ardent communist professor), it is obvious to anyone who reads the material and examines the logic that communism is not just wrong but EVIL

The foundation for its stated objective of establishing and orderly egalitarian society is the explicit rejection of humanity (dictatorship of the proletariat) and denial of any form of spirituality. It is presumed that people are only happy when they told what to do and not allowed to think or speak. There is no higher authority than those that are the most equal who get to tell everyone else what to do. It is the very definition of despair.

Life is not so complicated that happiness can only be found at the end of thousands and thousands of pages of complicated logic that denies everyone their humanity. The truth is simple and easy to understand. Most of us, those born with the proper wiring, know intuitively the difference between right and wrong. We don't need re-educating.

5. backwoodsconsr on December 21st, 2011 1:37 pm

If you want to read a damning indictment of the communist system, get a copy of "The Turning Point" by Nikolai Shmelev and Vladimir Popov. It was written by two Soviet economists at about the time Gorbachev was introducing changes to the failed Soviet economy. The authors recount the history of the Soviet economy up to the time the book was written. They said at the start they do not intend to condemn socialism, but by the time they got through pointing out all the faults and problems of a centrally controlled economy, I didn't see anything left to defend

6. SignPainterGuy on December 21st, 2011 1:56 pm

A guest on Rush or Glenn who had been an undercover / covert operator in a communist country told of his initial training . He was listening to an indoctrination speech for the "wonderful benefits of communist life". He said, after just a few minutes, if he hadn`t already been a free citizen and knowing better, he`d have asked, "Hey, where do I sign up ?!" If you don`t know better and aren`t paying attention, you can be suckered right in !

Sounds to me, Whoopi`s "on paper" remark actually meant, "listening to the propaganda, not bothering to read something written 'on paper' " !

She is intellectually lazy, to say the least !

7. Marshall_Will on December 21st, 2011 2:07 pm

Just like Greenpeace looked good on paper?

Disagree w/ Doug tho', "Sister Act II ( Back in the Habit )" was an AWESOME movie! It's about hijacking the original intent of The Church and turning it into a flophouse for washed up lounge singers w/ mobster boyfriends. Half way thru you'll be BEGGING for Obamunism!

8. Marshall_Will on December 21st, 2011 2:14 pm

Dad served in Korea and brought back these captured commie-made radios from a bunker. They were HUGE, heavy and were dripping w/ aggrandized design. When my brother and I took the covers off there was a dinky variable capacitor tuner, a few resistors and (1) tube!

I said; Dad, it's basically empty! Dad said; Exactly.

9. backwoodsconsr on December 21st, 2011 2:39 pm

Oh yes, there are numerous examples in the book about how excessive amounts of metal were used in many products. The allocation of raw materials was centrally planned by people who had too many things to plan for to understand how much was really needed and how to avoid wastefulness. Everything was done according to plan, not necessarily according to need.

Throughout the book they compare production costs, increases, efficiency, etc. with another country who was beating them badly in every category. That country, of course, was that bastion of evil, the United States.

10. SignPainterGuy on December 21st, 2011 2:50 pm

I like "Sister Act (1)" and Whoopi`s character in "Star Trek, TNG", and especially when she spit in the water in "Roots", but after that, she opened her mouth on politics and I can`t stand her in anything. Won`t watch her !

I`m really glad she had no part in "The Help"; a great movie. I bought it on DVD, watched it twice and sent it to Zilla.

11. Marshall_Will on December 21st, 2011 4:19 pm

Damn you BWC..!

Now there's another book I just gotta' read! Last time anyone piqued my interest like that I wound up reading "Alfred Toynbee, A Study of History" ( all 12 Volumes! ) as ref'd by none other than Mrs. Malkin! It really was worth it. Anyone that's fed up w/ "Socialism is 'inevitable' " should take the time.

Please tell me The Turning Point can be covered in a weekend? Argghh..! This stuff just fascinates me. Like Doug and his Edsel-worship. I'll probably become the curator at The Museum of Worthless Products. Also comment on Guitar Designs That Never Should've Left The Drawing Board. Sick stuff.

12. backwoodsconsr on December 21st, 2011 5:18 pm

Maybe two weekends. It's not a real thick book, but the subject matter may be a little heavy. I found out about it from some of Thomas Sowell's suggested reading. I have a few more things waiting in the wings that my unofficial economic mentor pointed out to me.

13. Marshall_Will on December 21st, 2011 5:57 pm

(2) weekends? POC!

By all means post Thomas' favored reading here! I'll read him when his articles pop up on Townhall. Spot on. Toynbee was a big proponent of "self-determination" and how "creative minorities" ( uh… the Tea Party? ) challenge conventional thinking and allow for a society to re-invent itself. In short, to continue!

Mrs. Will works in mfr. quality control/analysis and judging by some of the ref. material she's brought home, hard to imagine anything drier? Still to me, studying why things -didn't- work is every bit as imperative.

14. backwoodsconsr on December 21st, 2011 6:19 pm

I've been having a ball with my reading over the last year or so. I've read an abridged version of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Churchill's six-volume set of books on WWII, Gen. Omar Bradley's A Soldier's Story, The Rommel Papers, several of Sowell's books, and I'm almost finished reading a biography of John C. Fremont, with his personal memoirs waiting in the wings.

My reading had suffered for a while after I got hooked on the internet, but it seems to have rebounded quite nicely. I have a stack of books waiting for me to read and I am very happy about that.

15. clu seatoe on December 21st, 2011 6:36 pm

Wow, even I look better on paper.
    When you draw me in stick figure

16. backwoodsconsr on December 21st, 2011 6:39 pm

I used to be a stick figure in person, but that was 35 years and a whole lot of cheeseburgers ago.

17. Marshall_Will on December 21st, 2011 7:19 pm

Not to add to what appears to be a lengthy list but one of the guys in my squadron loaned me George Friedman "The Next Hundred Years". For a conservative, it doesn't get any more uplifting than that.

He easily visualizes American domination well into the next 100 years, and views the devastation from the current Pretender in Chief as being transient at best. I will say I'm learning more and more about Gateway Grassroots Initiative Michelle reco'd as I truly see this hydra needing decapitation at the local level for years to come.

Getting rid of O'Dumber won't mean all the Progs feeding at the Public trough are just going to surrender! After all, most of them figure they only need to keep up the facade a few more years until they retire. On our DIME of course!?

18. SignPainterGuy on December 21st, 2011 9:52 pm

You too ??!!

19. Granny55 on December 21st, 2011 10:11 pm

Merry Christmas to Doug and all of the loyal posters here. I am off to Texas to spoil my grandson for Christmas and show my daughter how to prepare a few favorite family holiday recipes.

Hope everyone enjoys the reason for the season and shares their love and blessings with family and friends.

20. OK_Loyalist on December 21st, 2011 10:46 pm

God be with you. Merry Christmas.

21. SignPainterGuy on December 21st, 2011 11:04 pm

I`m off tomorrow or Fri. for MS to visit Sister and BinL and Mom.

Merry Christmas to everyone and a wish for Blessings galore !

22. OK_Loyalist on December 21st, 2011 11:15 pm

Merry Christmas to you as well, be safe out there.

23. SignPainterGuy on December 21st, 2011 11:25 pm

And to you !

Did you get hammered by this latest blizzard ?

24. OK_Loyalist on December 21st, 2011 11:53 pm

Naw, that was about 300 miles West.

25. SignPainterGuy on December 21st, 2011 11:56 pm