From an Associated Press story on Tuesday:

First Lady Michelle Obama, the couple’s two daughters and first dog Bo have already arrived at a three-house compound on Kailuana Place. The president is expected no earlier than Wednesday.

From the Honolulu Star Advertiser:

Scott Miscovich, who lives down the street from the now-famous five-bedroom rental home on Kailuana Place, said media and security presence in the area has so far been “very subtle.”

“My wife saw Michelle and the kids passing by and we’ve seen Bo (the Obamas’ dog) walking,” Miscovich said. “There hasn’t been much going on so far. It’s been very low-key compared to when the president is here.”

Then this from the NY Daily News the very next day:

Are the stories about Bo going with FLOTUS & daughters mistaken? It’s hard to find any photos of Michelle Obama on vacation in Hawaii because mostly I think the administration knows what a PR disaster the “separate planes” thing is.

Maybe Bo has a body double… I’m not going to assume they flew the dog back to DC just to go shopping with the president (it’s most likely that reports of Bo being in Hawaii with FLOTUS are the result of lazy media assumptions and creative eyewitnesses), but I’m not going to eliminate a return flight on Bo-Force-One for photo-op reasons as a possibility either given the Antoinettian nature of the current White House residents.

(h/t White House Dossier)

Comments

27 Responses to “Bo, the Jet-Set First Dog?”

1. backwoodsconsr on December 22nd, 2011 5:20 pm

You're not the only one in the dark. I doubt that Bo knows what part of Asia he's in either.

2. Doug on December 22nd, 2011 5:25 pm

Hahaha!

3. Marshall_Will on December 22nd, 2011 5:26 pm

Ah HA! Shows how much YOU know about Boodlehounds? Unlike other members of the canine family, the Boodlehound can SPEND taxpayer money in one place and POOP in another!

My uncle used to have one. Incredible animal. One time he was at the c*ckfights w/ my uncle AND caught my aunt cheating with the paper boy at the same time! Worth every penny Uncle used to say…

4. backwoodsconsr on December 22nd, 2011 5:43 pm

I had a job in a cotton mill that required me to go just about everywhere in the place. One day it seemed like every time I turned a corner I ran into a fixer named Buddy. I told him it was no surprise that we kept bumping into each other. Both of us had to be everywhere at once.

5. Marshall_Will on December 22nd, 2011 5:56 pm

Gainfully employed in a U.S based TEXTILE industry? ( BWC must be older than we think? )

Here's Bo's daddy. Simple motor skill exercises like this enable him to activate his transporter controls at will.

Not having worked in a Newsroom, I can't speculate on this eyewitness' 'credibility'. My guess is He's so deified on the Big Island of Asia supporters are willing to LIE if they think it will give them an 'in' w/ The Obowmoa's.

6. swede on December 22nd, 2011 6:35 pm

You're missing the real story…

"Hey, putz! Get that mutt outta this store – as in N.O.W! What'r'ya, born in a barn?"

"It's OK, I'm the president."

"Right, and I'm Elvis. Lose the hound, loser!"

7. Marshall_Will on December 22nd, 2011 6:58 pm

"We bought a zoo" star should have instead made a movie called "We bought a load of BS"

Oh… he doesn't mean it. That's just the latest/greatest designer drug talking. He doesn't mean it. Why else would he be making a fluff-dud box office BOMB in the making when he could be doing serious political commentary?

Matt, listen to our good friend MM, we don't need to send politicians to DC to "get things done". We need to send someone willing to get things UN-done. Or is that what you meant..?

8. SignPainterGuy on December 22nd, 2011 7:20 pm

My first thought was that Bo was sneaked in without following the Quarantine rules other non-celebrity mutts must surrender to.

With this bunch of WH residents, I would not be surprised AT ALL to learn that Bo Force-1 was pressed into service to get the First Pooch to Island Asia for his much needed vacay ! It`s good to be the Alpha Dog !

Then again, are we absolutely certain the pRes. went shopping w/ Bo on the date claimed ?

9. SignPainterGuy on December 22nd, 2011 7:21 pm

I`ve seen lots of dogs and a few cats n birds in PetSmart stores, but not BestBuy; not even the rich-lady Purse Pooches !

10. SignPainterGuy on December 22nd, 2011 8:35 pm

UN-DONE is exactly right !!

11. Oishmeloish on December 22nd, 2011 11:06 pm

My, my, righties are such petty pussies.

12. SignPainterGuy on December 23rd, 2011 12:11 am

I know you are, but what are we ?!

And we`ve seen lower red ratings ! So there !

We knew better than to vote for Hoax and Chains !!

13. swede on December 23rd, 2011 12:32 am

Huh. Such a score indicates ye spend yer rather pathetic days trollin' about and generally tryin' to pi$$ people off – which makes the value of anything you post here somewhere aroun -110.

Not interested trollmeister. Take a hike.

14. SignPainterGuy on December 23rd, 2011 12:50 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HANUKKAH everyone !!

15. Oishmeloish on December 23rd, 2011 1:05 am

It is hilarious that righties rely on a rating system to tell you how to think. Go fuck yourselves.

16. Doug on December 23rd, 2011 1:21 am

That's just "Johnny Russia" (I think the name "Johnny Soviet Union" was taken)… he's a career asshole. "Go fuck yourselves" is his traditional Christmas greeting just to prove how much he loves the Lord. He trolls over at Big Government a lot too.

17. backwoodsconsr on December 23rd, 2011 1:21 am

Since you're so wise and knowledgeable, perhaps you'd like to show us how.

18. Doug on December 23rd, 2011 1:24 am

Same to you, SPG! Thanks for helping us have another fun year!

19. SignPainterGuy on December 23rd, 2011 1:38 am

Thank you for making it so much fun to be here !

As Minnie Pearl used to say, "I`m just so proud to be hyere !"

20. SignPainterGuy on December 23rd, 2011 1:40 am

Dang, my Polaroid is out of film ! ;-)

21. OK_Loyalist on December 23rd, 2011 1:55 am

he's a career asshole

Well, he sure isn't letting anyone down.

22. Marshall_Will on December 23rd, 2011 2:50 am

Righties.., that 'hurt' man. ( Who still sez that? )

Ahem, stood in 20 deg. weather for an hour to see a local G.I our daughters went to HS with come back from Afghanistan. Well, 'most' of him anyway.

Happened to be passing out flags and ran into one of the MD's that will be helping him w/ his recovery. He'll need to be in a hyperbaric chamber until they can figure out how to treat the gaping hole in his remaining foot. After 7 mos. in WalterReed, he just wanted to be home for Christmas.

Brave young man with a long way to go. HIM I owe, this Johnny.., not so much. May you find peace in the Lord this Christmas Season Johnny, tho' you'd never wish it for us. Just now thawing out!

23. backwoodsconsr on December 23rd, 2011 11:50 am

It is a lot of fun to be here, and with an election year coming up, we'll have a lot to talk about.

Merry Christmas!

24. backwoodsconsr on December 23rd, 2011 7:07 pm

He definitely has a way with words. Too bad it's not a good way.

25. SignPainterGuy on December 24th, 2011 2:42 am

This Oishi-Johnny wouldn`t know how to honor a selfless. wounded serviceman who gave so much ! Bless you both, M_W !

Merry Christmas from Ridgeland, MS !

26. SignPainterGuy on December 24th, 2011 2:44 am

So many gaffes to make fun of, so little time !

27. allen on November 17th, 2016 2:53 pm

Bo is the first dog of the United States.
    comfort retriever