John McCain has endorsed Romney, saying Mitt’s the best candidate to restore the United States of America.

It seems like only yesterday…

(h/t Buzzfeed by way of The Right Scoop)

Comments

32 Responses to “John McCain Endorsement: Best Man to Lead the Country is the One I Called a Serial Flip-Flopper a While Back”

1. backwoodsconsr on January 4th, 2012 7:45 pm

McCain was against Romney before he was for him.

Romney was for everything before he was against it.

I'm for having a statesman in the White House instead of a politician, but Jim DeMint refused to run.

2. Granny55 on January 4th, 2012 7:52 pm

You got that right – Jim DeMint was my pick too!

3. Granny55 on January 4th, 2012 7:55 pm

I would equate an endorsement by John McLame with being subjected to the death panel decision in ObamaCare. Ugh – it's like – thanks but no thanks.

4. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2012 8:15 pm

Unanimous, so far ! ;-)

5. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2012 8:18 pm

A caller to Rush today made a good point. The voters placed Romney at second best in `08; we didn`t really want him then and we really don`t want him now. What`s changed ? Why should we want you now ?

6. swede on January 4th, 2012 8:39 pm

"What`s changed ? Why should we want you now ?"

My guard stood hard when abstract threats
    Too noble to neglect
    Deceived me into thinking
    I had something to protect
    Good and bad, I define these terms
    Quite clear, no doubt, somehow
    Ahh, but I was so much older then
    I'm younger than that now

That, and I got some nice new ties.

7. swede on January 4th, 2012 8:44 pm

Is it too late to write him in?

8. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2012 8:53 pm

Is that like a re-badged Edsel with radial tires ?

9. backwoodsconsr on January 4th, 2012 8:57 pm

I think it's like one of the kits you can buy to make a Volkswagen look like a Rolls Royce.

10. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2012 9:28 pm

Ooh, yeah, uh, I remember those …. still see one occasionally. My fave, and I`d still like to have one, is the `41 Willys Panel Truck.

11. Marshall_Will on January 4th, 2012 9:41 pm

Right, with a decreased drag coefficient of .ooooo3% !

So that's increasing yer' top end right there…

Let me get this straight, was McLame endorsing him to 'lose'..?

12. Granny55 on January 4th, 2012 9:50 pm

My old boss owns four original Willy's – they are awesome.

13. Truesoldier on January 4th, 2012 10:16 pm

That would have been great. I wish he had chosen to run.

14. Truesoldier on January 4th, 2012 10:21 pm

So we are supposed to vote for a Romney, who could not beat McCain (a guy we did not want in 2008), because McCain, a guy who did not even try to defeat Obama in 2008, said so.

Why do I get the feeling that this type of an endorsement is going to have the reverse Midas touch to it.

15. Pasadena Phil on January 4th, 2012 11:04 pm

This is the same guy who tossed any supporter under the bus who dared criticize Obama during his campaign and then embraced the Obama agenda right after he lost the election. I can still remember him sitting misty-eyed looking up at Obama as Obama gave him a shout out soon after the election. There are all so full of crap.

16. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2012 11:19 pm

"…was McLame endorsing him to lose ?" Like Oblameless, he no doubt fails to realize he has the "Reverse Midas Touch" !

17. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2012 11:29 pm

Jeeps, trucks or cars ?

I should have referred to it as a panel "wagon" since it was a car body, not a pickup !

18. clu seatoe on January 5th, 2012 12:22 am

McCain’s bucking for the V.P. slot and he’ll bring his daughter with him as a Chief of Staff/Adviser.

19. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2012 12:51 am

Now yer just talkin` ugly and down-right vulgar, clu, and you`re scaring me ! Quit it ! ;-)

#s 1 and 2 losers from `08 ? Why, so they can lose together this time ?

20. patti on January 5th, 2012 2:05 am

"John McLame has endorsed Willard Mittens Romney Romneycare, saying Mitt’s the best candidate to restore the United States of America."

Just when you thought you've heard and seen it all…….
    They really do think we are all total morons, don't they?

21. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2012 2:34 am

Gotta say, the McLame definition of "restore" isn`t immediately obvious ! I suspect it is something like we knew just before the error of Obama ! Weren`t we just a bit out of kilter then too !?

22. Urban Interest on January 5th, 2012 9:59 am

I'm very curious who wins this battle. I Guess McCain !

23. Hyperfobea on January 5th, 2012 11:02 am

Gear up for four more years of Obama, whether or not he is re-elected.

24. Granny55 on January 5th, 2012 11:32 am

1 jeep, 3 trucks

25. Marshall_Will on January 5th, 2012 12:43 pm

Good Lord, I'd almost forgotten about that! Rather prefer I HAD.

26. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2012 3:34 pm

You have me curious now; I`m gonna have to dig into Willys history !

A buddy of mine bought a `49 Willys Jeep and over the next few years, gradually cleaned it up and replaced a lot of stuff till it really did look better than new. I pointed out to my wife that it looked great for a `49 model. She thought it WAS new !

27. Jimbo on January 5th, 2012 7:10 pm

Absolutely right. 70% of all Republicans don't want Mitt. That was the stat being thrown around on the Mark Davis show this morning. Let's hope this big fat loser endorsement makes people think. I hope it is the McKiss of McDeath.

I really want Rick Santorum to win… but it is really going to be hell on his beautiful family. That is how gross, disgusting and cruel Americans have become. They are going to endure a lot of hell.

28. laree on January 5th, 2012 8:15 pm

Imus Guest this morning, Jake Tapper ABC News “The Democrats Want Mitt Romney To Be The Republican Nominee”

Mr Vanilla apparently the Democrat’s favorite flavor.

28,000 Independents participated out of 122,255 republican caucus goers, that puts republican participation in their own caucus under 100,000.00 Ron Paul came in 3rd with 21% his 3rd place win was made up of 44% Independents. The GOP really has a big problem with their base.
    They can’t see the big picture they need an excited base to vote in the General and Ron Paul’s voters are committed they will write Paul’s name in -in the general.

Mitt Romney’s strategy of last man standing – surviving the primary by dividing the conservative base is hurting the GOP’s voter enthusiasm quotient. Barack Obama isn’t going to have a problem ginning up his base against the evil 1% that Mitt Romney will be representing. Talk about made to order political punching bag. Yes I can see why the Democrats want Romney to be the nominee.

29. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2012 10:05 pm

It`s been my opinion for some time that if the dims want it, we should avoid it like the plague !

The dims, rank & file and the enamedia, say they think we should select Mitt and / or they want Mitt to run as our candidate. That tells me, we should NOT select Mitt as our candidate ! I don`t need any other reason, though I have plenty !

30. laree on January 6th, 2012 12:34 pm

For some reason the media is pimping Mitt as Mr inevitable if they stopped with the false narrative a conservative rival might break through. But Corporate Media wants the weak vanilla corporate nominee. They think that the republican base will just fall in line. The establishment republicans are really condescending of the base they constantly use to get elected. I believe they are suppressing the republican base turn out on purpose to help Mitt Romney. John McCain beat Mitt Romney in 2008, and he lost to Obama, using the same play from the establishment play book but a different candidate is not going to change the outcome of the 2012 election. The GOP is fighting the last war 2008- they lost there are no do overs.

31. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2012 2:50 pm

Agreed ! It`s Mitt`s turn now ….

I haven`t heard or read all the details, but some are trying to explain how Santorum was cheated in Iowa, that he actually won. While watching the results of the caucus, the map showed it down to 2 counties, with Rick barely leading, then shades of Florida 2000 and `04, "Votes Were Lost" ! What ? Isn`t that a dem. tactic ? 7 counties suddenly were back in play; 3 ea. for Rick and Mitt and 1 for Paul when I went to bed; I couldn`t take it anymore !

We`ll see !

32. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2012 3:49 pm

The Blaze also has a post about the chaos in Iowa and the possibility that Santorum really won, but Weasel Zippers` story is more "the Readers` Digest" version, more to the point ! ;-) http://weaselzippers.us/2012/01/05/report-typo-ga
    No word or idea if anything will actually be done about it ! Interesting; maybe it was an accident and not the fault of deliberate RNC cheating …..