This year, the most dangerous place to stand in the world will be under the “Exit” sign in any room President Obama walks into that contains a congressional Democrat up for re-election. The latest example of OAB (Obama Avoidance Behavior) is Sen. Sherrod Brown:

Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) will be in Ohio on Wednesday when President Obama delivers a speech on the economy at a Cleveland-area high school, but he won’t be appearing with the president.

Brown has a series of his own appearances Wednesday, including a visit to the Ohio Farm Bureau and a tour of a specialty-vehicle factory, his congressional office said. Brown will be joined at the factory by Veterans Affairs officials and will tout the creation of 30 jobs through programs to provide mobile care units for veterans.

A source close to Brown’s campaign said that the commitments were scheduled before Obama announced his trip, and that Brown would appear with Obama at campaign events later in the year.
[...]
Obama is faring better in Ohio than in many other swing states, but not enough to eliminate any risk of weighing down other Democrats on the ballot. In a Quinnipiac University poll conducted in November, about the same number of Ohio voters approved of Obama as disapproved.

“Visit the Ohio Farm Bureau” is an election year avoidance excuse akin to “re-arrange my sock drawer.”

In November the Chairman of the RNC offered a $100 reward for anybody who could snap a photo of Bob Casey together with Obama during his visit to Pennsylvania. In Sherrod’s case, the RNC might want to up that reward to $500. Ditto for Air Claire.

Comments

17 Responses to “Obama Visits Buckeye State; Ohio Dem Senator Dodges”

1. backwoodsconsr on January 4th, 2012 4:14 pm

That's a change I can believe in!

2. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2012 4:33 pm

"Air Claire", too good ! Run AWWAAAAAAYYY !

3. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2012 4:37 pm

O/T; We can relax now; seen at Drudge AND Weasel Zippers, "Mexican Grand Wizard Predicts Obama Loss In 2012" ! Good as done !

4. Marshall_Will on January 4th, 2012 4:50 pm

“Visit the Ohio Farm Bureau”

In the dead of winter… AFTER harvest season… with spring planting months away…

No I totally see the urgency. Not sure how to take this but the GOP contender I'm volunteering for keeps having this negative ad banner pop-ups on my favorite political blog?

Oh well, whatever keeps the lights on in this economy? Actually, at MM's and here I've noticed a real upgrade in corp. sponsors! Saw one of my faves, The Armed Forces Vacation Club the other day. Moving UP in the world!

5. Truesoldier on January 4th, 2012 4:53 pm

I heard he was going to tell Obama he couldn't come because he had been turned into a newt, but he got better.

6. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2012 5:02 pm

Could you give us links to your blog(s), w/s so we can come harass you like the good friends we are ? ;-)

7. Marshall_Will on January 4th, 2012 5:04 pm

Lol, no GPS coordinates or fumbly assistants required. Just follow your nose! Btw for anyone that's worked on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier, Run awaaaay! is the first comic phrase they teach you.

8. Marshall_Will on January 4th, 2012 5:31 pm

Funny you'd mention that. Call it healthy paranoia or whatever but TS and I introduced the possibility of establishing Alternative Rallying Points like a platoon in the field or as FEMA suggests for families after a Katrina type event.

I have NO reservations whatsoever that Doug have all my contact info in the event of another… Man-Caused Disaster. I'm sure Lil' Jihadists have their online communications busted up all the time only to regroup moments later. No reason God-fearing tax paying citizens shouldn't be taking the same sensible precautions. Only to have Conservative Blogs get turned back on, the day AFTER the 2012 Election. Look, I 'wun'! Again! IMHO

9. backwoodsconsr on January 4th, 2012 5:34 pm

I once read a science fiction book called "The Deathworld Trilogy." On one of the worlds the gravity was three times that of Earth and every form of life was lethal and hostile to humans. A visitor to the planet found that every person he met greeted him with, "I'm sorry you're here."

10. Truesoldier on January 4th, 2012 6:01 pm

No paranoia. I work for the DoD on a military base. About 6 months ago they introduced a new emergency contact system in which they wanted us to give not only our email and home phone #'s, but our cell #'s and the name of the cell carrier. Needless to say I told them that I do not have a cell as I do not get cell sevice at my home (well at least that part is true) and I gave them my alternate bogus spam email (i created it on the road while traveling overseas). Sorry but no reason to have my cell # or know who I choose to use as my cell carrier.

11. Marshall_Will on January 4th, 2012 7:26 pm

Actually we just went thru the same thing. But keep in mind ( I'm an active GUARDSMAN! ) They NEED to get a hold of us!

I've been called up to work floods, forest fires you name it. So I have no objections, but for Civilian DOD personnel? You're kidding. My point was as consumers and internet users why should there be any willingness on our part to make "cyber-herding" any easier for politicians and filth purveyors than it already is?

Lots of people use what I call a flufferdoodle email. You could make one up just so I could shoot you a link or phone number and just as quickly delete the account. What I see happening is that these will all be linked to your 'primary' email acct. There'll be no escaping it!

12. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2012 8:11 pm

Is this permission for Doug to give me your email ? If so, expect a message soon after he gives it to me !

Bwc and I chat occasionally and plan a get together sometime soon ! We live just over an hour apart !

13. Marshall_Will on January 4th, 2012 8:26 pm

Oh absolutely! As Conservatives, if we're not going to stick together 'now' ( when WILL we!? )

We still have plans to invite Doug as our Guest to the Guard Base and I'd like to see how some might feel about participating in The Bataan Death March ( re-creation! ) in New Mexico this coming March!

It's a full 26 miles so bring shoes that are broken in. I hope to be able to attend. The Army Base down there sponsors it and I'd like to be a part if only once.

14. Truesoldier on January 4th, 2012 10:12 pm

I wish I was kidding, but I am not. Part of me wonders if it was to see how many people would willing give that information up without questioning it. Kinda a test run for the general public later. If that is the case then they got the results they wanted. I was the only person in my office to question it.

When I was active duty I too had to give my contact info, but that is to be expected. You never kow when you may have to deploy or one of your soldiers does something stupid and you are called to go get them out of jail at 2am on a Sunday morning…

15. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2012 2:14 am

Cool beans; I`ll send Doug an email tomorrow and to you later.

26 mile Bataan Death March re-creation; just how true to fact do they do this thing ? Lots of potential for serious misery there ! Even in a "re-creation" !

16. backwoodsconsr on January 5th, 2012 10:32 am

26 miles would kill me. I wouldn't make it that far. I rode a bicycle that far in my teens and felt like I could immediately do it again, but I've never gone more than 8 or 10 miles on foot.

17. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2012 3:47 pm

Did 15 with backpacks once in Scouts; the next day, we missed the trail down off the Narrows. It was a mile and a half straight down, like a mule`s face. No one in our troop escaped something strained or sprained !

45 miles in a day on a bike wearing the same backpack is my record !