Yeah, me neither — but the grandson of RFK might be about to give it a go:

Joseph P. Kennedy III is taking the final steps to launch a run for Congress this year, hoping to succeed US Rep. Barney Frank, who will retire rather than run in his reconfigured district.

Kennedy is forming an exploratory committee for the seat. The 31-year-old today also announced his resignation as a prosecutor in the office of Middlesex District Attorney Gerard T. Leone Jr., where he has worked since September. He will leave state employ Jan. 20.

“I am announcing today my intention to explore a candidacy for the United States Congress in the Fourth District of Massachusetts,’’ he said in a statement issued this morning. He said he will decide over the next several weeks whether to formally run for office, after speaking with voters.

JPKIII didn’t phrase where he is in his decision process nearly as hilariously as Teddy Jr. did.

Just over a year ago, CNN lamented the end of a 64 year era. Will a Kennedy get back in Congress? The longer Congress goes Kennedy-free the more tarnish there is on the silver spoon.

In other words, the Kennedy clan is saying, “Help us JPKIII, you’re our only hope”:

Comments

20 Responses to “Who Thinks It’s Time We Had Another Kennedy In Congress?”

1. backwoodsconsr on January 5th, 2012 7:44 pm

Yuck! All of a sudden I don't feel so good.

The last thing I want to see in politics is more Kennedys. Ted tarnished that brand forever. I never saw a more shamelessly political animal, and that includes Obama.

2. Marshall_Will on January 5th, 2012 8:18 pm

The Boston Brahmin brand must be preserved at all costs..! ( Photo is cover from "America's Emerald Kings" btw )

Doug tries to play it down but his family has ties to the Whaling Fleet, old money, all that rot. Only working 60+ hours a week as a… service to the community as it were?

Yeah, after all those years and transitioning away from core American values, "a name" is all that remains. And one's just as good as another? Didn't Barney have a son to take over his 'seat'? What's that you say..? By the by, where does this place BF in the Dead Pool? Caddy bennie package aside, I'd say 3 years on the outside.

3. Truesoldier on January 5th, 2012 8:32 pm

"Kennedy is forming an exploratory committee for the seat."

Now that is a statement that should never be uttered nor written when you are talking about Barney Frank….

4. Marshall_Will on January 5th, 2012 9:15 pm

'Exploratory'..?

( It used to 'hurt', now Bawney can't keep an APPLE in there!? )

This about Dims, trophies and talking points. You can't spell kongress without a 'k' now can you? Chrissy Matthews is completely lost without them. How can they harken back on those heady days without one.

We're just lucky cloning isn't as advanced as the Boston Brahmin hoped it would be?

5. Granny55 on January 5th, 2012 9:28 pm

That was my first thought too – it is bad enough that Bawny had that position for as long as he did – look at the damage that he did. Now another Kennedy??? No thanks – please isn't there one sane person in Mass.?

6. backwoodsconsr on January 5th, 2012 9:50 pm

Mitt Romney?

7. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2012 9:55 pm

Yeah, I see Mitt as sane …………. ish …….

8. backwoodsconsr on January 5th, 2012 10:06 pm

It's Massachusetts. The bar is pretty low.

9. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2012 10:25 pm

Gotta be, rats don`t like to jump too high, they prefer to step over obstacles ! Or in Oblamer`s case, go around them !

10. backwoodsconsr on January 5th, 2012 10:25 pm

The most appropriate nickname I ever saw was when Ted Kennedy and John Kerry served in the Senate together and their state was known as Massatwoshits.

11. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2012 10:44 pm

Ha haaa ! Is it Maine or NH that calls them all "Massholes !?

12. Jimbo on January 5th, 2012 10:46 pm

Ted was a political genius with the perfect formula to reign perpetually over his progressive electorate. Maybe the kid will take a page out of his book:

1. Cheat your way through Harvard
    2. Drive drunk
    3. Drown a girl
    4. Cheat your way through your marriages

Start your political career with that, grasshopper, and you're golden! Learn from the master.

13. backwoodsconsr on January 5th, 2012 10:47 pm

What happens when they reach Critical Mass?

14. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2012 10:48 pm

:-)

15. Jimbo on January 5th, 2012 10:49 pm

Awesome.

16. SignPainterGuy on January 5th, 2012 10:56 pm

Can`t provide documented evidence, but I`d bet it stinks and NOBODY would want to clean it up !

(LOOK, only one to go )

17. backwoodsconsr on January 5th, 2012 10:57 pm

The thing I'll always remember most about Ted Kennedy was his remarks on the Senate floor when the Abu Ghraib story broke. He called for President Bush and Donald Rumsfeld to resign because "This may very well go all the way to the top." The investigation had barely begun and he had no evidence to prove that Bush and Rummy even knew about it, much less condoned it, yet he was already calling for their resignations. It made me wish that I could get up on the Senate floor and throw that kind of thinking back at him. "Senator Kennedy, there was a murder committed in Massachusetts recently. You are from Massachusetts. You may very well have committed that murder. Please resign from your Senate seat immediately."

18. Marshall_Will on January 6th, 2012 12:26 am

Thought it was if they can get their head thru then the greasy lowlife varmint can get their BODY thru!

Ma… git my varmint gun..!

Bawney's camp probably tipped them off as SOON as he'd made the decision. Kennedy's handlers had the luxury of sitting on this until it was what they felt the right time to spring it on people.

Could've saved it for 3-Day/Holiday Friday Doc-dump where I'm concerned?

19. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2012 1:53 am

I always wanted to yell, "Chappaquiddick" at him !

I still don`t see the big deal about Abu Ghraib. The prisoners had killed our troops and innocent civilians and we`re supposed to get all worked up `cause some guards made `em git in a pile and wear drawers on their heads ? Ppffffffft ! I promise you, I would have had trouble stopping with just making fun of them !

20. Obama bin Biden on January 6th, 2012 5:35 pm