In a scathing letter sent to Barack Obama this morning, Senator Marco Rubio said that under the President’s first term in office, “more and more people have come to believe that America is becoming a deadbeat nation.”

Rubio went on to pledge that he would challenge any further increase in the debt ceiling, arguing that “we [Congress] need to make it routine to actually spend no more than we take in.” In the letter obtained by HUMAN EVENTS, the Florida Senator said that President Obama’s upcoming request to increase the debt ceiling by a whopping $1.2 trillion will cause the nation’s public debt to surpass the $16 trillion mark.

“I will oppose your request to continue borrowing and spending recklessly.”
[...]
The letter concludes: “America deserves leaders who will stand front and center, level with the American people about our challenges and offer real solutions to solve them. Instead of simply asking for another debt ceiling increase, I urge you to come forward with a real plan to tackle our debt in 2012.”

Obama has come through with a plan to tackle our debt, and that’s “spend lots more money.” But Rubio was obviously speaking rhetorically in that last part. A “deadbeat nation” might sound like an undesirable outcome to you and me, but it’s an outcome that nonetheless has obviously been designed into Obama’s plan for America.

Here’s one of my favorite Rubio floor speeches from back in July, and one in which Thurston Kerry III took him on and I think ended up wishing he’d stayed back on the yacht with Lovey that day.

“Compromise that isn’t a solution is a waste of time” — not to mention money:

Comments

11 Responses to “Rubio Sends Letter to Obama About America Becoming ‘Deadbeat Nation’”

1. backwoodsconsr on January 6th, 2012 8:03 pm

The Democrats live in fear that somewhere in the world there will be some money that isn't being spent by the US government. In their eyes that would truly be an economic catastrophe.

2. clu seatoe on January 6th, 2012 9:29 pm

Zero’s war on America has been an obviously racist war, the likes of which has not escaped his notice, in that is a war on, in his own words, the white middle class.

Because of the peer pressure from within the socio-economic structure of the American black sub-culture, the vast majority of the blacks make no attempt but have instead actively resisted (witness the attacks against Herman Cain, Justice Thomas, Bill Cosby, et al) assimilation into mainstream American middle class culture and resist any attempt to lift themselves out of poverty all the while crying white racism, as we continually hear from the likes of a Jackson, a Wright, a Waters and other American black cultural leaders as well as the white-guilt liberals.

The billions of dollars siphoned out of the U.S. Treasury, the mass expansion of the entitlement culture and government regulations by Zero is a direct attack on the American middle class with the hopes of attaining some sort of reparations for some actual, but in this time mostly imagined and urban legend suppression of blacks long, long ago and the refusal of contemporary blacks to join the American experience.

3. backwoodsconsr on January 6th, 2012 9:50 pm

Verily, thou sayeth a mouthful.

4. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2012 10:06 pm

Zero is at war with the middle class but calls it at war against the rich. I really wonder, if it came down to it, is there anyone / any group he wouldn`t stab in the back ?

5. SignPainterGuy on January 6th, 2012 10:08 pm

I`m coming to believe that Obama is truly shocked to realize he cannot simply "Speak things into being" !

6. OK_Loyalist on January 6th, 2012 10:20 pm

That could sweeten a ticket nicely IMO as well.

7. Granny55 on January 7th, 2012 12:48 am

I don't know – I like him but I have a few reservations. I have become so cynical of anyone who has made it to DC or has been entrenched for years. The only one I really like or trust is Jim Demint.

8. A.Men on January 7th, 2012 7:25 am

Printing dollars 24 hours by the Fed is going on daily and borrowing every dime they can get their hands on. They are succeeding in destroying the banks and currency of the United States of America.

9. Granny55 on January 7th, 2012 10:51 am

One only needs to look at the great social experiment that is Detroit, Michigan and see what liberal ideals of helping bring blacks out of poverty. It simply does not work. The only ones it helped were the corrupt politicians who lined their pockets with taxpayer money and left and entire city population uneducated and without essential services. They can't even keep their street lights on.

10. dancermommd on January 7th, 2012 10:54 am

It was a great speech but what I find appalling is that Sen Kerry was the only one (that I could see) hearing it. The chamber looked empty except for these two and the floor monitor. And he is correct in everything he said. Mr. Rubio would make an excellent leader. He seems to have good ideas and some "stop the BS" spine to him. The problem with the "tea party extremists" is they are just regular people sick to death of what is going on in DC, from name calling to doing nothing. I wonder how many useless "National Day of" bills have been passed this year. For heavens sake, we have a National Donut Day! Seriously? The fact they cannot sign appropriation bills until 3-6 months into a fiscal year is an embarrassment. They have until 1 Oct every year. If they need more time then perhaps they need to stay in town during the month of August instead of going on vacation. By law the Agency budgets need to get to the President and Congress by the 1st monday in February every year. There are some exceptions to that but from that point on they have the ability to work on those budgets presented and make their decisions and changes right up to 30 Sep so bills can be signed and agencies can be funded.

Just so you know, I mailed a letter to each and every member of the Congressional Black Caucus to explain what the tea party was and to remind them of what Martin Luther King really stood for. And I did accuse them of being bigots themselves. To date I have yet to receive a response from ANY of them to include Mr. Allen West. None of them represent me so I gather that would be the excuse they would fall on as to why I got no response, or perhaps it's because they never saw it. But I sure get a form letter from my reps when I write them so I know they have people that do nothing but answer mail. I say re-elect no one!!! Just clean house totally.

11. Pasadena Phil on January 7th, 2012 3:08 pm

"Three words I’d like to see attached to this guy later this year: Vice presidential nominee:"

I couldn't disagree with you more. Why waste a solid conservative who is not afraid to lead by putting him on what is sure to be a very embarrassing GOP ticket? We need Rubio where he is needed the most, the Senate. Same with Demint, Jim Jordan, and others who have been instrumental in establishing and building a solid conservative foundation. We can't keep losing effective conservatives by running them for president prematurely or wasting them as VP candidates.