I should say up front though that I’m referring to Todd Palin:

Sarah Palin’s husband is endorsing Newt Gingrich for president, Todd Palin told ABC News today.

But Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor and John McCain’s 2008 Republican running mate, has yet to decide “who is best able to go up against Barack Obama,” Todd Palin said.

Palin said he has not spoken to Gingrich or anyone from the former House speaker’s campaign. But he said he respects Gingrich for what he went through in the 1990s and compared that scrutiny in public life to what Sarah Palin went through during her run for the vice presidency.

Todd Palin said he believes that being in the political trenches and experiencing the highs and lows help prepare a candidate for the future and the job of president.

He did not criticize any of the other candidates and said his “hat is off to everyone” in the Republican race.

This is probably as close as anybody will get to a Sarah Palin endorsement. It doesn’t look like she’s going to endorse… at least not for a while.

But if I’m Newt, I’m churning out the “Palin endorses Gingrich” press releases tout de suite.

Comments

17 Responses to “Palin Endorses Gingrich”

1. Marshall_Will on January 9th, 2012 4:55 pm

We'll weigh this w/ all the gravity we'd extend to The First Dude's endorsement on what fishin' line to use, chainsaw bar oil and whether or not this here ice is thick enough to carry (4) drunks?

What upsets me is Sarah's couching this as about "taking 'on' Obama". He's.Done. Stick a fork in 'em. Taken himself out actually..? Now we -should- be hammering his former/fence 'supporters' as to WHY they'd vote for Him a second time and just WHAT could they possibly hope to accomplish?

Call it The New Incivility. To 'what'? ( Run up more DEBT? ) To shore up flailing and totally UNsustainable PEU demands? That's what this is really about, isn't it. All those high-minded Prog-ideals are kinda' laughable to ya' aren't they. So Obama was just your useful idiot. We GET it. 'It' is OVER. Unless you can peddle The Debt to other inhabitants of our solar system?

2. swede on January 9th, 2012 5:13 pm

"I should say up front though that I’m referring to Todd Palin:"

Pretty cheap way to blast a headline and get hits there Doug. You almost made me soil my shorts! Wait….. later.

3. SignPainterGuy on January 9th, 2012 6:12 pm

It would surprise me if Sarah endorsed anyone else, even if she did prefer one of the others. Family unity n stuff ! Todd "should" feel the empathy; they went thru hell when Sarah was running and just considering it, but come on, Newt has too many issues for the top spot. VP at most.

Still supporting Santorum for Pres. !

4. Marshall_Will on January 9th, 2012 6:48 pm

Nah… Cheap, tawdry yellow blogism started w/ Johnny come lately Housing Bubble bloggers that ran with:

Lil' Bushitler 'Causes' Housing Bubble To POP!

They'd get a million hits just off future OWS'ers. Kinda' OT but lots of otherwise sharp cons. bloggers fail to make the connection between the MOST fortuitous Rise Of Liberal Trolling.., the '08 Election AND the collapse of the Housing Boom.

It was a perfect storm in their favor! To the Liberal mind it was like shooting the curl on the North Shore, having unprotected ghey s@x on your surf board and blowing a jibber at the same time..!

5. Doug on January 9th, 2012 7:22 pm

You'll notice that I did have a modicum (or "emoticon" as Meghan McCain would say) of integrity by the time I posted that link to Twitter.

No "cheap hits" are solicited here. Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to working on my upcoming post about Bubba's minor fender-bender in Hollywood: "Bill Clinton Rear-Ends Jessica Alba"

6. joyannaadams on January 9th, 2012 7:48 pm

Maybe she's waiting to see what "positions" come her way? Lke VP?

7. backwoodsconsr on January 9th, 2012 7:54 pm

Recently there was a bit of a traffic jam at my local railyard caused by several trains arriving at once and a couple more being later getting out of the yard than expected. One of the engineers arriving to get on board an inbound train has the nickname "Sunshine." He blamed it on the full moon. It wasn't until later that I realized what the headline would be. "Sunshine Says Traffic Jam Caused By Moonshine."

8. swede on January 9th, 2012 7:56 pm

"Bill Clinton Rear-Ends Jessica Alba"

Hot dang! With exclusive papparazi shots? I'm hooking you up to my Iphone. Oh wait, I don't have one.

9. swede on January 9th, 2012 7:58 pm

"Lil' Bushitler 'Causes' Housing Bubble To POP! "

Key words for libro turds!

10. Marshall_Will on January 9th, 2012 8:20 pm

Yeah, let's have an emoticon of RESPECT around here!?

Dug Mr. Zippity Boppity Zippity Boppity too! Then ask yourself, what kind of a billowing @-hole do you have to be to get busted for over-the-top dope smoking ( in Madison, WI? )

Funnier still, it's highly unlikely Dude was even remotely aware whom the original artist was. Given their equally oblivious state, he should ask McLame for a date. They'd be perfect for each other…

11. swede on January 9th, 2012 8:36 pm

"what kind of a billowing @-hole do you have to be to get busted for over-the-top dope smoking ( in Madison, WI? )"

True story (believe it or nutts): UW Madison 1972 Memorial Student Union Rathskellar – You could sip beers and smoke a joint at the table and the University cops would walk by and wave at you. Campus police did not have crime labs, and the State lab was backlogged and wouldn't test anything less than 28 grams.

12. Granny55 on January 9th, 2012 9:30 pm

I am completely disappointed in her. I think she likes the game. In the end she will come out and support whoever Juan McLame endorses and we all know who that is after his stupid guffawing presser with Mitt last week.

13. Jimbo on January 11th, 2012 12:38 am

First a quitter. Then, a tease. Then, stringing endorsement out until the matter is all but decided. Not the actions of a person of decisiveness and basic, bedrock conservative principles. This from me, previously one of her biggest fans.

And Todd? WHO CARES. He's the governor of diapers.

14. Michelle Malkin » Palin: If I Lived in South Carolina, I’d Vote for Newt on January 18th, 2012 1:31 am

[...] given a rationed, carefully measured nod to Newt. Sarah’s husband Todd had previously endorsed Gingrich. Having missed Hannity tonight, I managed to find video of the segment at the always [...]

15. Palin: If I Lived in South Carolina, I’d Vote for Newt | Conservatives for America on January 18th, 2012 1:32 am

16. Palin: If I Lived in South Carolina, I’d Vote for Newt | Inspirations, dreams, humaniora on January 18th, 2012 9:09 am

17. Palin: If I Lived in South Carolina, I’d Vote for Newt | News of Barack Obama, The President of USA on January 18th, 2012 2:21 pm