Is the headline accurate, or am I missing something?

First lady Michelle Obama is challenging assertions she’s forcefully imposed her will on White House aides and says people have inaccurately tried to portray her as “some kind of angry black woman.”

Mrs. Obama tells CBS News she hasn’t read New York Times reporter Jodi Kantor’s new book that characterizes her as a behind-the-scenes force in the Executive Mansion, whose strong views often draw her into conflict with President Barack Obama’s top advisers.

I remember back in the 80′s reading allegations that Nancy Reagan was an assertive control freak who butted in where she didn’t belong. Who knew that the media was only trying to falsely portray Nancy as some kind of angry black woman?

Comments

12 Responses to “FLOTUS Calls NYT Reporter Racist”

1. backwoodsconsr on January 11th, 2012 7:47 pm

She's not? Could have fooled me.

Of course, I'm obviously bigoted because I don't like having liberals in the White House.

2. Pasadena Phil on January 11th, 2012 8:54 pm

She's NOT an angry black woman. She's an angry black woman with a big ass.

3. SignPainterGuy on January 11th, 2012 8:55 pm

Of all the stories I`ve heard and read about FLOTUS, only the ones where she is "performing for the cameras or writers" is she portrayed as other than hateful, mean and disrespectful. Add bossy to that, too ! Oh, and entitled !

4. Granny55 on January 11th, 2012 9:43 pm

Is it the first time in her adult life that she is not an angry black woman? Just askin….cause it took her until 2008 to realize she was proud of her country. Perhaps a little counseling with Rev. Wright will help her get over the nightmare of having to "serve" her country as first lady. What an absolute cry baby.

5. Granny55 on January 11th, 2012 9:50 pm

And just so it doesn't appear that I am making "racist" comments….I agree with her about protecting her children because that is a mom's first instinct but……lots of children have been raised in the White House and turned out pretty darned good. I resent the fact that she had to throw in angry BLACK woman. That is race baiting. She can be angry all she wants – it's no different than me being angry. What does the color of her skin have to do with being afforded every luxury and perk this nation has to offer as first lady? Makes no difference what color her skin is. I find her complaints shallow, petty and unbecoming.

6. Doug on January 11th, 2012 10:02 pm

Yeah, that's why I threw in the Nancy Reagan comparison.

On another note, Team Obama could help make that book go away by refusing to talk about it.

7. Truesoldier on January 11th, 2012 10:04 pm

I don't see her as an angry black woman……I see her as an enlistist snob who believes that the unwashed masses are there to serve her every entitled want and desire.

8. backwoodsconsr on January 11th, 2012 10:30 pm

As the old saying goes, "Bit dog always barks."

9. Granny55 on January 11th, 2012 10:41 pm

Ya know Doug – I just get so tired of elite's in both parties "complaining" about how "hard" it is to serve their country in a place like DC where there is no limits to money, power and being connected. It is shameful and outright being deceitful to those they claim to serve. We are so screwed by everyone in that hell hole – it just makes my head spin. We need to make DC a part time job with absolutely no perks and pensions. Make them spend time with the pheasants they claim to serve and see how fast things turn around.

10. SignPainterGuy on January 11th, 2012 10:50 pm

Part time, no perks or pensions …. Fabulous idea !

11. Hyperfobea on January 12th, 2012 10:43 am

A textbook narcissist feigning humility. No conscience = no regrets.

12. Obama bin Biden on January 12th, 2012 11:30 am

She's another product of the failed affirmative action initiative forced on the American people.