*****

Newt Gingrich is giving the Romney campaign a moment of paws (please accept my apology for that). Team Gingrich is even going so far as to bring up the maligned and mocked “dog on roof” story… along with some other tidbits:

*****

If I ran the Romney campaign I’d retaliate immediately by issuing a press release asking “Would you rather have a president who drove with a dog on the roof of a car in 1983, or one that cozied up with Nancy on a loveseat less than four years ago?”

I was much more politically infatuated with Gingrich’s run when he was sticking to ideas and focusing on the need to vote out Obama, but I understand that Romney’s Iowa and New Hampshire wins have left Newt with little choice but to try an approach with more bite.

Comments

18 Responses to “Gingrich Web Ad: Vote for Newt… Because He Won’t Make Dogs Ride on Top of Cars Like Romney Did”

1. backwoodsconsr on January 11th, 2012 11:03 pm

I have to hand it to Newt for his dogged pursuit of Romney.

2. SignPainterGuy on January 11th, 2012 11:12 pm

If I understand correctly, Mitt had the dog in an air-tight box on his car-roof, so the dog surely didn`t suffer any thermal mistreatment. Unless, that is, he refused to stop on that long drive for a doggy-potty break and food and water, then he did wrong, otherwise, I have no issue with the whole thing. Look at hunting dog boxes in the backs of pick ups; livestock trailers, they`re hardly "air tight" and no one complains about those ! It`s a non-issue to me and Newt should return to better, more relevant points …. like how he would reverse the tide of Oblamer`s transformation of our country !

3. swede on January 11th, 2012 11:12 pm

"He Won’t Make Dogs Ride on Top of Cars Like Romney Did"

Oooooo, that's gonna leave a mark!

4. deerhunter1 on January 11th, 2012 11:15 pm

GINGRICH, IS TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT ROMNEY. IF THE TRUTH HURTS IT HURTS. PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE UP IN SEE THE LIGHT ABOUT ROMNEY. NOW IS THE TIME. CASE CLOSED. ROMNEY IS HIDEING SOME THINGS. PEOPLE CHECK INTO THIS.( WE THE PEOPLE.)

5. Pasadena Phil on January 11th, 2012 11:31 pm

There's Newt barking up the wrong tree again.

6. Doug on January 12th, 2012 12:41 am

"Gingrich is telling the truth about Romney."

I know he is. How's that working out for him? Newt was doing much better when his eyes were on the prize, which is getting rid of Obama in November. He abandoned his game plan too quickly… but it was inevitable.

7. backwoodsconsr on January 12th, 2012 1:03 am

Have you ever noticed that a dog will stick its head out the window when riding in a car but it can't stand for you to blow in its face?

8. SignPainterGuy on January 12th, 2012 1:28 am

Yes, I have …. and barely got my face out of the way in time !

9. SignPainterGuy on January 12th, 2012 1:30 am

And Newt was such a cheerleader for the entire debate panel earlier …..

10. Urban Interest on January 12th, 2012 7:01 am

After his second big win in New Hampshire I think Mitt Romney is a very serious candidate. If you like it or not..

11. A.Men on January 12th, 2012 11:02 am

Newt stop attacking Capitalism! Newt have you gone CRAZY or have you always been crazy. Snuggling up with Stretch Pelosi is unforgiveable!

12. A.Men on January 12th, 2012 11:03 am

Billionaires buy the White House — Soros did with President-In-Name-Only Obama!

13. Granny55 on January 12th, 2012 11:54 am

Newt has lost all credibility with his retaliation of Romney. I don't think I want someone like him with a finger so close to the red button. He is going all scorched earth on Romney instead of focusing on the doom and gloom Oblamer has foisted upon us. Not a good strategy. Newt is a brilliant man but he sure has shown his vindictive side and it isn't pretty.

14. Granny55 on January 12th, 2012 12:01 pm

PS: I am not a Romney fan – not a fan of any of the candidates actually, however, I see where Jim DeMint (who was my first choice) is endorsing Romney and now John Bolton is on board with Romney. He makes me nervous but with backing like DeMint and Bolton I might be able to hold my nose and vote for him. If Romney dumps Juan McLame I might only have to hold one nostril.

15. Truesoldier on January 12th, 2012 1:35 pm

Two things. First typing in all cap locks is considered to be yelling at people and is considered rude (free web etiquete leason of the day).

Second, Newt is Newt's own worse enemy. I can understand that he was upset about the effect Romney's attack ad's had on his campaign in Iowa, but instead of regrouping and attacking Romney on Obamacare or the likes he went after Romney's business background. That came off as nothing more than an attack on capitalism that could have been taken right out of the DNC playbook. The other thing that has me doubting that Newt could be an effective President is his tempermeant. The way he handled his interviews after Iowa and the attacks that followed have given me the appearance of a man who is vindictive and lets his emotions get the best of him. That is not something I want to see in a President as it could be very dangerous.

16. Jimbo on January 12th, 2012 2:46 pm

I'll vote for anyone who puts Nancy on the roof of the car and drives her back to Cali.

17. SignPainterGuy on January 12th, 2012 4:29 pm

Heh, with no potty breaks, food or water ! ……… in winter !

18. laree on January 13th, 2012 4:32 pm

Mitt Romney is not a conservative on his best day, and he is trying to survive the primary. Americans need to Coalesce behind a strong conservative candidate. Maybe that’s begun in South Carolina?

Newt and Romney in a statistical tie in South Carolina. I don’t think it’s quite time yet to coronate the King of Bain.

The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe, Mitt Romney, I put the finger on you.