Froma Harrop is a columnist who called the Tea Party “terrorists.” She’s also President of something called the “Civility Project,” an organization that purportedly exists in order to restore civility to America’s public discourse.

Fortunately, for some reason, Harrop agreed to be interviewed by the Daily Show’s John Oliver, and she seems blissfully unaware of the apparent contradiction:

*****

In Harrop’s clouded version of reality I’m sure she went home from that thinking she got the better of the interviewer.

Comments

11 Responses to “Daily Show Interviews President of ‘Civility Project’ Who Called Tea Partiers Terrorists, Hilarity Ensues”

1. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2012 5:45 pm

Fascinating; Froma fails to realize her desperate need of an "Irony Mirror" !

"……a dictionary example of irony right in front of them ….."

2. backwoodsconsr on January 15th, 2012 8:22 pm

She's put an iron curtain in front of her mind. Nothing can get through.

3. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2012 9:07 pm

I first read an article from Froma Harrop in the Wash. Times. The first one was within the realm of conservative thought, but #2 and on were way out in left field. Now, I read her headline and move along.

John Oliver worked her over pretty well and she basically said, "Thank you sir, may I have another ?"

4. backwoodsconsr on January 15th, 2012 9:08 pm

She could rival Obama for cluelessness.

5. Marshall_Will on January 16th, 2012 3:44 pm

Richard Dreyfus tried the same lame ploy. Just another twisted attempt by The Professional Left to regain "the moral high ground", by declaring everyone that doesn't fall over w/ their legs up in the air 'uncivil'.

Ever since Florida 2000 Dims have been in Pulling Out All The Stops mode. They can take their Civility For Thee ( but not for ME! ) and kindly Shove.It. Ultimately all their objective is, to simply garner funding from Prog/Soros-related org's to create 'employment' for themselves. This is about money, nothing else.

The bigger the thorn in Conservative's side, the bigger the checks.

6. fearthesame on January 19th, 2012 7:24 pm

If you notice, even her pro-civility rhetoric was violent. Her calls to "chain them up", "tie them up" "yell at them". John Oliver was probably wonder how far he could take this.

7. blogc2011 on February 26th, 2013 1:15 pm

After reading this I thought it was very informative. Thank you for taking the time and effort to put this article together. I find myself once again spending way to much time to both read and comment. But so what it was still worth it! Kelowna real estate

8. blogc2011 on March 10th, 2013 9:40 am

I can`t believe I actually watched the vid; I rarely watch "The Daily Show" and quit reading Froma`s articles shortly after the first. This was entertaining. Thanks Doug ! Calgary builders

9. icon brickell rental on June 18th, 2014 6:19 pm

10. voyance magie on March 8th, 2015 3:10 am

11. faizan ahmed on June 14th, 2015 9:43 am

After reading this I thought it was very informative. Thank you for taking the time and effort to put this article together.voyance magie