It’s official: Occupy Wall Street has officially worn out its usefulness to the Democratic leadership. Not only did Team Obama just stick a thumb in their eye by choosing to hold the final night of the Democrat convention at Bank of America Stadium, but now Nancy Pelosi’s disowning them.

Just three months ago, Pelosi was saying “God bless” Occupy Wall Street:

*****

This week, Pelosi started backing away: “We don’t have much of a connection with Occupy”:

*****

You might have noticed that she was standing in front of the Bank of America logo when she said that. Maybe she was trying to avoid a lightning strike.

Pelosi must have seen some internal polling numbers about OWS’ approval and decided to distance herself — and if OWS has seen Pelosi’s approval numbers they’ll be happy she’s doing so.

Comments

25 Responses to “Pelosi Turns Away From OWS: ‘Not Much of a Connection’”

1. backwoodsconsr on January 17th, 2012 5:39 pm

How do people so disgusting even get approval ratings?

2. Truesoldier on January 17th, 2012 6:38 pm

Well of course Pelosi is turning away from OWS. She found out that they were not donating to her re-election campaign. Remember, it was only a few weeks ago that Pelosi's daughter told the press that her mom wants to retire, but her donors don't want her to.

3. Marshall_Will on January 17th, 2012 6:58 pm

If ever there were a time for a Monty Python ref?

I recall shyster traders in the 90's that would call a brokerage firm and say; Yes I'd like to open a new account! Oh and put me down for 1,000 shares of anything that ends in dot.com!"

If the stock struck gold they'd simply say; "Oh just sell me out of that and send me the profits. And uh… just go ahead and close that account?"

That way they were never at risk. Took us stoopid ( read honest ) people awhile to catch ON to it! They never HAD the $'s to pay for the stock and of course had it gone South you'd find the SS # they gave was bogus as was the address.

This is the only way Pelnazi knows HOW to 'invest'. ( With OPM ) Didn't cost the DNC a DIME out of pocket. Now they've outlived their usefulness. OWS? Meet underside of bus…

4. A.Men on January 17th, 2012 7:03 pm

Pelosi (multi-millionaire corrupt politician) has botox to the brain. It causes memory loss and hallucinations.

5. backwoodsconsr on January 17th, 2012 7:31 pm

A bit OT, I got to meet SPG today. We met for lunch at famous greasy spoon joint called The Beacon. Between that and managing to wrap myself around a Double Chilicheeseburger A-plenty, I've had a pretty good day.

6. SignPainterGuy on January 17th, 2012 7:33 pm

Botoxi the Clown has "Dain Bramge", but she ain`t funny !

7. Marshall_Will on January 17th, 2012 7:39 pm

Oh man! Too cool. Sure you guys wouldn't have rather gone to the Bailout Bowl in Charlotte? I hear they have a 99%'er burger made out of OWS-Approved recycled cardboard. Yummy!

Further OT, I've had more IT issues than you can shake a stick at. All (3) of my working computers got infected w/ Windows XP 2012 Virus. A nasty form of "scareware" that makes doing just about anything impossible. I've had to upgrade to IE8 and as many scans as times you have to run your truck thru the car wash after hitting a skunk!

What a PITA. More of the OWS crowd's idea of fun. Because you know, when you belong to that club, hacker is the highest status you'll ever aspire to?

8. backwoodsconsr on January 17th, 2012 7:48 pm

I think we'll pass on the Bailout Bowl. Begging's just not our style. Besides, it's hard to pass up a chance to eat at The Beacon. I never saw anybody put so much food on one plate as they do. When they say A-plenty, they mean it. Even though I had been there before my eyes still bugged out at how much french fries and fried onions they put on the plate.

9. SignPainterGuy on January 17th, 2012 7:58 pm

MMmmmm, caaaaaaarrrrrd booooaaaaarrrrrd ! Yuuummmy !

I can`t believe bc got on the outside of all that food ! The sammich was huge, but you should see how they serve up the fries n o-rings. Double hands-full of each, held in place till it settles. My goodness !! They could use bigger plates !

I couldn`t begin to eat all my fries n hush puppies, but I ate all 6 of the fish filets ! They have the best sweet tea ever !

M_W, ya remember a couple weeks ago, I told you I`d ordered a car magnet from CUFI ? They said, "We will receive you the car magnet in 6 to 8 weeks ! "? Well, the saying, "Time moves faster when you get older" is true; "WE" received our sticker today ! Heh !

10. SignPainterGuy on January 17th, 2012 8:01 pm

BC, I just heard that the founder of Yahoo just resigned from all his positions at Yahoo. Apparently things aren`t so good there ! You heard anything ?

11. backwoodsconsr on January 17th, 2012 8:15 pm

Saw something in the news recently about a new CEO being hired. There have been rumors of Yahoo possibly merging with somebody else or something for a while. I hope Yahoo doesn't cease to exist. I like using their email and Toolbar. Been using them since I went online 7 years ago. I'd be lost without them.

12. backwoodsconsr on January 17th, 2012 8:17 pm

I noticed the plates curve up at the sides, making them actually large, shallow bowls. They probably couldn't hold that much food otherwise.

13. SignPainterGuy on January 17th, 2012 8:20 pm

Yeah, don`tcha hate how change "changes" things ?!

14. Marshall_Will on January 17th, 2012 8:26 pm

Guys, this one was too funny not to share. ( The scene ) Drive-up window at pharmacy:

Nice, clean cut pharmacy tech: May I help you?

M_W: Yes, my wife phoned in a prescription refill.

In nothing flat he has me on my way, but I couldn't resist! I said; "You seem like a sharp young fellow that's managed his career and education admirably. But you know… ( it's not too late to join OWS! ) I mean, have you THOUGHT of all the advantages..?

The kid is fighting the temptation to BUST OUT laughing! I dunno'.., living under a TARP having s_x w/ anon 'people' while doing bum dope in the dead of winter? Sounds 'promising'! You're sure?

Hey man, it's just MY way of complimenting young people making the right choices. We all have our little ways…

15. backwoodsconsr on January 17th, 2012 8:27 pm

The only beef I have with Yahoo is every now and then their tech people insist on "improving" something. Every time they do it takes forever to get the bugs out of it.

16. Truesoldier on January 17th, 2012 8:44 pm

I had heard awhile back so rumblings that Microsoft was considering buying out Yahoo. Here is a bit of news on that.

17. SignPainterGuy on January 17th, 2012 8:44 pm

Firefox has its "moments" as well !

18. Truesoldier on January 17th, 2012 8:47 pm

I was just thinking that the Dem's having the big event at B of A stadium may not be the best fundraiser plan out there. From what I have seen of many of Obama's rallys of late he has not been able to fill a high school gym. If it looks like that may happen to B of A stadium the D's are going to spend more on paying to fill the seats than bringing the money in.

19. SignPainterGuy on January 17th, 2012 9:18 pm

Spending more than they bring in …… Isn`t that the way it`s done ? Besides, it`s coming out of the unspent Porkulus funds they stole in `09 for just such a purpose !

20. Fuzzlenutter on January 17th, 2012 10:37 pm

There really is nothing new that can be said or done to lower my opinion of this shit stained douche bag.

Nothing at all…

21. patti on January 17th, 2012 10:40 pm

This may explain why the dems are disowning the ows critters…..

Democrats Desperate to Distance Selves From Occupy Movement Before Impending Chicago G8/NATO Summit in May

Read more http://hillbuzz.org/democrats-desperate-to-distan

At least for now, that is.

22. Hyperfobea on January 18th, 2012 9:12 am

What a ghastly creature. And hopelessly disconnected. She's a character straight out of Idiocracy. That's where we're headed, folks. Our great grandkids will probably be wearing loincloths and living in caves or pushing the Wheel of Woe.

23. Obama bin Biden on January 18th, 2012 12:26 pm

The clostridium botulinum i.e. Botox is devouring what little remains of Pelosi's brain tissue.

24. backwoodsconsr on January 18th, 2012 1:47 pm

A further testament to the size of that meal: 24 hours later I finally got hungry enough to eat again.

25. SignPainterGuy on January 18th, 2012 3:59 pm

Ha haaa ! I had a light supper, but didn`t need my usual midnight snack !