In addition to being racist for referring to Obama as the “food stamp president,” Captain Legthrill said this week that Newt Gingrich is also racist because he referred to debate moderator Juan Williams as… “Juan.”

No, seriously:

“That use of the name ‘Juan,’ the way he did it. You can’t argue these things. You either see them or you don’t. It’s just the way he did that. I sensed a little applause when he said ‘Let me help you’ when he answered the Juan question. It’s in the eye of the beholder.”

Oh. My. God. It’s as if the civil rights movement was waged for nothing! There’s no more convincing evidence that this country has a long way to go when it comes to equal rights and race relations than a white presidential candidate going on national television and referring to a man of a different color by his first name.

Here’s the exchange in question. Of course, the real problem Matthews has with this is that Newt completely blew the liberal argument out of the water, but when someone on your side has been completely dismantled, it’s time to bring on the accusations of racism:

Comments

22 Responses to “Chris Matthews Presents Convincing Evidence That Newt Gingrich is Racist”

1. Hyperfobea on January 18th, 2012 1:20 pm

Chris has long since ceased to be relevant. He's a fart in the wind.

2. Marshall_Will on January 18th, 2012 1:40 pm

No argument here. We'd settle for coherent. It's not like these two men are unknown to one another. They've met and spoke numerous times.

The Race Card is played out Chrissy. Not (1) single voter is buying into it, not any more. Getting tired of these gleaner's efforts making passes thru the crop rows just to see if there's anything edible left behind?

3. backwoodsconsr on January 18th, 2012 1:49 pm

"Captain Legthrill"

Good one!

4. backwoodsconsr on January 18th, 2012 1:52 pm

Obviously Tinglebell has forgotten the things blacks were called back in the days when racism really was rampant. What Newt said didn't come close.

5. Granny55 on January 18th, 2012 2:09 pm

Or, like the cruise boat captain who abandoned his ship, how about Capt. Coward? He can't make his liberal point so he resorts to cowardly accusations of racism – and guess what – no one is buying it anymore.

6. SignPainterGuy on January 18th, 2012 3:15 pm

That would be a "Friday fart in a Sunday whirlwind" ! Not much remaining !

7. Marshall_Will on January 18th, 2012 3:25 pm

Granny,

Yeah the sky is filled w/ test balloons to see if it'll garner traction and everyone's yawning. At a certain point, even people that aren't all that sophisticated see it for what it is: Nothing.

Everyone that's ever had a menial/manual job or supervised people from all kinds of backgrounds has seen exactly where this leads. Right now the professional left will settle for discontent grumbling. Just to get something going!

8. SignPainterGuy on January 18th, 2012 3:43 pm

The "convincing evidence of racism" I saw in Monday`s debate fell squarely on "Juan`s" head !

Does "Juan" believe, feel (liberal terms) that blacks should be offered top management jobs instead of entry-level ones …. even though they have no experience or aptitude for it ?

9. Granny55 on January 18th, 2012 4:19 pm

Why yes he does – those entry level jobs are for the Muslims he is so afraid of.

10. clu seatoe on January 18th, 2012 8:04 pm

On 9/11/01 we saw what happens when the moslem pedophile misogynist tries to enter through other than the back door.

11. joyannaadams on January 18th, 2012 8:49 pm

Juan? He's black. Was his mother Spanish? It's not common for black parents to name their kids "Juan" I think his parents were racist against the black community, by not giving him a solid black name to make the black community proud: like Leroy.

Funny! Yes, it was absurd. But it was GREAT! We all loved it. I think all the candidates should look at Chris, pause just like Gingrich did… and say: CHRIS, the same way. Or better yet call him 'Juan'.

Too funny Doug.

12. backwoodsconsr on January 18th, 2012 9:00 pm

Perhaps his mother had dreams that someday her son would do great things, and that he would be known as "The Juan."

13. SignPainterGuy on January 18th, 2012 10:30 pm

The Juan Who Juan Juan ! The Juan He`s Been Waiting For !

I`m thinking "The Racist Juan" fits best !

14. @nichelob on January 18th, 2012 10:35 pm

Ridiculous racist claim? For sure.
    Completely blew the liberal argument out of the water? I dunno about that.

15. backwoodsconsr on January 18th, 2012 10:46 pm

This is particularly disappointing because I've read his book "Enough!" which expanded on the criticisms Bill Cosby made about the attitudes in the black community. His willingness to openly and rationally discuss the issue earned him my respect.

16. SignPainterGuy on January 18th, 2012 11:06 pm

That episode was telling in the ones who held which belief or indoctrination on the issue. Bill and Juan both found my favor and appreciation. It`s Juan`s overall, long-standing intelligence that has had me wondering how he could still be such a lib. It makes me wonder "why" ?

17. backwoodsconsr on January 18th, 2012 11:35 pm

Probably because liberalism is driven by emotion. I think if I knew Juan personally, he and I would be friends. We would disagree on a lot of things, but we would be able to discuss it rather than just argue about it.

18. SignPainterGuy on January 18th, 2012 11:50 pm

I can see that hapnin ! But a trip to The Beacon Drive In would have him down right agreeable ! What`cha think ?

19. backwoodsconsr on January 19th, 2012 12:52 am

Hmmm….I wonder if he's ever been exposed to so much real food.

20. SignPainterGuy on January 19th, 2012 12:58 am

Yeah, I`d bet on it ! As best I can tell, he and his wife had pretty regular type upbringin`s !

I would still think they`d snicker in amazement watching the food being "piled" on the plates !

21. SignPainterGuy on January 19th, 2012 1:13 am

joyanna,

According to Answers.com, Juan was born in Panama on 4-10-54 to Rogilio L. and Alma Geraldine Elias Williams. It would appear his "Father" was the Spanish parent !

No mention of his eating habits or preferences !

22. Bigsmoke on January 20th, 2012 8:35 am