I’m cringing not because of what might be spilled in the interview, but because I’m deathly afraid Gloria Allred could be about to rear her ugly head yet again during the Republican campaign.

Via Drudge:

Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband’s career with a single interview.

Earlier this week, she sat before ABCNEWS cameras, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

She spoke to ABCNEWS reporter Brian Ross for two hours, and her explosive revelations are set to rock the trail.
[...]
ABCNEWS suits determined it would be “unethical” to run the Marianne Gingrich interview so close to the South Carolina Primary, a curious decision, one insider argued, since the network has aggressively been reporting on other candidates.

A decision was tentatively made to air the interview next Monday, after all votes have been counted.

Gingrich canceled a press conference on Wednesday to deal with the matter.

“He believes that what he says in public and how he lives don’t have to be connected,” Marianne Gingrich, Newt’s wife of 18 years, explained to ESQUIRE last year.

Forget about next Monday — as of right now the Marianne Gingrich interview is set to air on ABC’s Nightline, after the GOP debate on CNN Thursday night. I’ve heard it might air Friday as well. Either way it’ll almost certainly be broadcast before the South Carolina primary on Saturday.

This could be ugly. You know the old saying: Hell hath no fury like a woman you left for another woman you’re trying to make the First Lady of the United States.

Meanwhile, Gingrich’s daughters issued a statement to ABC News.

Update: Naturally some of this is being teased before the actual interview airs:

WASHINGTON — As the political world waits to hear what Newt Gingrich’s ex-wife had to say about their failed marriage in an interview that will air later today, the reporter who conducted that interview, ABC Chief Investigative Correspondent Brian Ross, told WMAL’s Morning Majority program that Marianne Gingrich claims her ex-husband wanted an ‘open marriage.’

“He came to her and said, ‘I want to stay married to you and still have an affair with Calista, his current wife,” said Ross. “According to Marianne, he said ‘You need to share me,’ and she said ‘I don’t want to share,’ and the marriage ended,” he added.

I’m listening to Laura Ingraham and she reminded everybody that Marianne Gingrich was seeing Newt while he was married to his first wife, so none of the involved parties are exactly “pure as the wind driven snow” as they say. I don’t know yet if ABC’s Brian Ross brought this up in the interview though.

Comments

14 Responses to “Newtron Bomb: ABC to Air Interview with Gingrich’s Ex-Wife After Debate, Before SC Primary; Updated

1. SignPainterGuy on January 19th, 2012 1:45 am

Hey, how `bout those Giants !? (whistling past the graveyard)

Interesting times we live in ! Getting to where you can`t sneeze without it coming back to give you the flu !

We all knew the LSM would come up with something to try to knock out everyone on our side; we can`t be surprised by this ! Newt probably scares the left worse than the other candidates. You just know Obummer doesn`t want to debate Newt !

Next question; how much was Marianne paid ?

2. clu seatoe on January 19th, 2012 2:10 am

…don’t have to be connected”

Don’t have to be connected??

An odd choice of words from an angry white woman. What exactly does that mean?
    My point is, it’s not exactly the same as:

“Your actions are speaking so loud that I can’t hear what you’re saying.”
    or
    "He's a real, major, untrustworthy hypocrite."
    Is it?

3. SignPainterGuy on January 19th, 2012 2:58 am

CNN is reporting that the only thing new about this story from two years ago is Marianne`s face. ABC must be really desperate for something to hurt their most feared opponent !

4. swede on January 19th, 2012 5:04 am

Don’t have to be connected??

Yeah, you landed on the reason Newt is moot in my book. There was a time character and integrity mattered. You make an oath before God and man, "better or worse, richer or poorer, sickness or health until death do us part". Then you break it and make it again with your adultress. Then you do it again. Then you make another one:

"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, SO HELP ME GOD."

But that's different? No, it ain't. A whore is a whore.

5. Hyperfobea on January 19th, 2012 9:07 am

Amen! Why does this country wink at adultery and serial marriages? That's the bloody foundation of society! No wonder our society is crumbling. Yeah, frankly anyone who make such an oath and then break it is unworthy of trust, penitent or not (and in most cases they're not).

6. Marshall_Will on January 19th, 2012 1:07 pm

Even though I've been [mostly] happily married for 28 years ( yes, all to the same woman ) I don't know Marianne?

Let me SPARE you the Invitation! We won't be in attendance for your 3rd/4th/lost track wedding. In terms of Newtrons, when will the LSM learn? They keep fighting over a dwindling demographic slice of Mooderates & Independents ( read Liberals ) with puff pieces like this.

Powers follows more closely but it's the equiv. of having (4) spin-offs and derivations of Fox News!

7. Scott on January 19th, 2012 1:56 pm

Its a mess, but the bigger one I'm thinking will be if the Obama machine has Mitt as a target. Not only the financial issues, but has anyone but students of comparative religion looked into Mormanism? Obama and his group may have the opportunity to take down both the economic and the moral high ground that the conservative movement now assumes it holds.

8. clu seatoe on January 19th, 2012 2:06 pm

This is what an LSM-bot sounds like.
    Already a verdict of guilty and hasn’t heard a thing yet. Unable to perform as a self-thinker.
    It’s a victory for the libs, a victory for the LSM, a victory for “Occupy”, a victory for Pres. Loser.

9. Marshall_Will on January 19th, 2012 2:10 pm

Scott,

Good points. You're right, living out West I have lots of Mormon friends, but like many Jews, for the most part they keep their beliefs and traditions to themselves. Lots of blank canvas for the LSM to spruce up as they see fit?

Still, in the face of Solyndra ( and dozens of others ) millions Unemployed and TRILLIONS in freshly minted debt, it's hard to imagine a high ground for Team O'Drama. They only deal in faux crises mgmt/exploitation.

10. PatiencePie on January 19th, 2012 7:06 pm

The guy is a sleazebag. I was disgusted when Clinton did it and I'm disgusted with Gingrich. One reason I respect Obama: strong marriage, nice kids, love and respect.
    Something I can relate to. Kind of old-fashioned… but nice.

11. SignPainterGuy on January 19th, 2012 9:30 pm

Whoa, there actually IS something to respect Obumble for ! Do we count that as 4 things, or just one ?

12. backwoodsconsr on January 19th, 2012 9:38 pm

Since Obama believes in the multiplier effect, that would be 10, 573. At least, those are the latest figures he got from Joe Biden.

13. SignPainterGuy on January 19th, 2012 10:06 pm

Don`t forget, that`s a BFD !

14. All Jobs in Georgia on February 13th, 2012 3:43 am

This is like trying to fry ants w/ a magnifying glass. The ants and the SUN keep moving! My guess is, those are -electric- sideview mirrors. The servo that drives the motor is getting ghost amperage when there's not a max draw on the power supply.